Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie still isn't great at wrestling and conor still isn't great against wrestlers. We see this now. Agreed?
Eddie has never been an elite wrestler, but his main problems was that he didn't stick the sound strategy of pressuring Conor to drain his cardio, regardless of getting a takedown or not. I was banking on him using the "Pettis" strategy of sticking to Conor and threatening the takedowns while pushing the pace/pressure.

Eddie was stupid to abandon the takedown attempts, clinches, and cage pressure. Had he worn Conor's arms out, and landed a solid blow to his cardio, he could've had the advantage in rounds 3 4 5. But he let Conor damage him at distance because he was content to stay on the feet.

Like I said in my post on this exact thread:

Any grappling engagement will not favor Conor and he needs to try to end the fight quick. One round of Khabib on top of him will drain his cardio and tire his arms, causing slower reactions, slower punches, less power, and less movement.

We saw how Khabib was able to land on Conor at the end of the 2nd, and all throughout the 3rd round. Conor is nothing without his energy. He punches hard, but he sacrifices a ton of his energy to do so. He landed some good clean shots on Khabib in round 3, but never any with significant power or speed.

Conor never had a plan B, because he's so confident in plan A (early KO). It's similar to the "all eggs in one basket" phrase. Conor puts all his effort into the early KO, but then he has no energy left if he doesn't produce one.

Look at the Diaz #2 fight. Dropped Diaz in rounds 1 and 2, but never again after that... He's only a threat when he's got energy, which seems to be about 2 rounds (10 min) of fighting.

It was really easy to see that if you drain Conor's cardio, you rob him of everything he has.

Conor literally wouldn’t even look Khabib in the eyes

Conor knew he has done before the fight started

Mysterio died for the mcnuggets sins and at this moment sits at Gods (Fedor) table of favoured persons,in heaven (Stary Oskol)

Last edited:
It's funny how the fight was decided in 15 seconds when Khabib literally just threw himself at Conor's legs with no setup.

All these McNuggets breaking down his superior footwork and tdd and all it took was a sloppy dive at his legs.

TS is a prophet.

images

In first round against Conor, khabib attempted a single but got taken down.
When he attempted double leg later in the 1st round, Conor should have taken khabib neck.

In the 4th round khabib tried single leg 3 or 4 times, but unsuccessful and Herb Dean seperated them.
Then later in the round, khabib once again tried pushing Conor up against the cage and then went for the single. This one eventually led to conor giving his back.

It was more fatigue than anything.

But he barely went in with a single leg TD, it was more push Conor into the cage and then attempt a single leg.

Note that Khabib single leg is more nut hugging.
Khabib will literally grab you by the nuts and try and take you down.

Head. Clean. Off.

Stuck in the mud

Just because it works on some Russian/Japanese cans doesn't mean it will work on Conor

IF he gets a hold of his leg like that it's surely a takedown. But he has to get to it first, He's slow and Conor is very fast. It's a risk for Khabib to dive like that.

Khabib is too hittable, I think Conor sleeps him tbh.

I think Conor will counter it with the judo chop - a technique developed a long time ago to counter single-leg takedowns

The only time Khabib will get close to Conor's ankles will be as he's falling towards the ground knocked the fuck out.

{<jordan}<36><{outtahere}><[analyzed}><Gordonhat><{MindBrown}><Fedor23>

One would think this would have a million replies, where are you at Connie fans?

A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are fast, and slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

Edit: For all the wildly unrealistic fantasyland "head clean off" Conor fans who say he'd "snipe khabib shooting in" please show me one time in his career he has done that.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

Conor's wide stance with his lead leg exposed to such a degree make him even more vulnerable to a single against someone who has mastered it

stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

A prophet he was. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back