Khabib's style is TAILOR MADE to be knocked out in the 1st round by Mcgregor

Yet another "sure thing" thread. Fight could go either way. Khabibs the likely favorite.

Conor's style is tailor made to never fight in MMA again.

Tony is very hittable. I think Conor would murk him. Khabibs wrestling is Conors weak point. This seems very obvious to me...

His rush in style is going to get him clipped at the hands of Mcgregor.

Mcgregor beats Khabib....Khabib beats Ferguson....Ferguson beats Mcgregor
Apparently McBugger hasn't received your findings.

Well of course Khabib has a rush in style. He is Rush in after all.

Al Iquinta stopped Khabib's takedown's by making an adjustment. BJJ scout points out that he was reacting to Khabib's jab by reaching out. Khabib shot under the extended arm to grab a single. That was a big aspect, but also Al's sweaty leg made it harder to hold on and finish in the middle rounds. Khabib switched up his strategy in the 5th and became the charging forward, throwing combos and looking to push you into the fence Khabib.(More like Khabib vs Barboza). The charging forward Khabib would be in great peril vs Mcgregor.
Right now we can see Khabib's game in full. When he faces a dangerous puncher he stays on the outside. He moves in and out, moving backwards to get away from opponents punches, then quickly back into range again.
How he sets up his shot, depends on the opponent's level of aggression and pressure. When Khabib is doing the pressuring he backs the opponent into the fence, comes forward with a 1-2 and shoots in when they raise their hands to block. If the opponent pressures him, he will shoot from the outside. He doesn't even wait for his opponent to commit to a punch, mostly just using jab feints or trying to time a naked shot.
The cautious outside fighter, throwing jabs and looking to setup a low single is the fighter I believe we will see vs Mcgregor. Mcgregor uses slips, has a 4inch reach advantage, fights farther out then Al, and uses posts and frames to keep distance. It's not going to be quite so easy for Khabib to take him down as people think.

if you boil it all down, most people think that Conor has a puncher's chance against Khabib. the main argument is how high that chance is.

if you are a Conor fan, you think of the Aldo and Eddie fights and then you look at Khabib's chin jutting out in the air. but if that doesn't happen, and happen early in the fight, it is difficult to see how Conor wins

or to put it another way, whenever you start to say that somebody has a puncher's chance you are probably saying that they will more than likely lose

Doesn’t matter cuz we will never find out.

We can all speculate until then we have to wait until they both meet.

Consider both sides.

Conor has never face someone whos mma wrestling is as good as khabibs

Khabib has never faced someone whos mma striking is as good as conors

Conor can get rag dolled and wrestlefck

Khabib can get slept
This, it's a fight, a lot can happen on any given day

?? At the very worst it would be the same thing... although Nate won the fight standing and finishes it on the ground.

Khabib is not winning anything standing
Still, Khabib's striking is way better than Conor's wrestling. But who knows how it would go. One thing is for sure, I would never bet against Conor.

That bus rushed at Conor and look what happened. He landed one good shot and the bus spent the rest of the fight going backwards.

Khabib is no bus. No way he can handle Conor's power.

How do you know? Did Conor faced anybody like Khabib before? We all know that Khabib faced dangerous fighters in standup (e.g. Edson), but which strong, big wrestler with vicious takedowns and GnP did McGregor face?

Conor's skills are greatly exaggerated. 50% of the guys he beat were 3-and-something in the UFC or short-notice opponents (one of them choked him out in the second round).
aldo?

also if you are complaining about short notice oppponents look no further than khabib beating no11

How do you know? Did Conor faced anybody like Khabib before? We all know that Khabib faced dangerous fighters in standup (e.g. Edson), but which strong, big wrestler with vicious takedowns and GnP did McGregor face?
mendes

Still, Khabib's striking is way better than Conor's wrestling. But who knows how it would go. One thing is for sure, I would never bet against Conor.

I disagree, besides the short notice Chad Mendes bout where Conor had a LCL injury he hasn't shown weak wrestling. Even In that fight he still stuffed a good amount of Chad's TD's. And that was years ago.

I'm not saying it's better or worse, but that it's interesting because they have similar styles, where they are very good just at different aspects.

Back