News Khamzat Chimaev shuts down UFC 300 rumors - ‘Not fighting in Ramadan anymore’

Rumors about Chimaev’s potential involvement picked on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour, with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani

“I will fight everybody,” Chimaev told MMA Uncensored. “Leon [Edwards], [Dricus] du Plessis, anyone, but not [during] Ramadan. I think Ramadan [is during] UFC 300.

“Maybe somebody in Saudi Arabia. I want to fight there. Not fighting in Ramadan anymore.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/2/...ev-bows-out-of-ufc-300-main-event-sweepstakes
7pm

Not during Ramadan
and wants to fight in Saudi

giphy.gif

Usman was not smaller, shorter doesn’t mean smaller. Usman is a huge WW and walks around at 205. Khamzat has 2 top 5 wins while Belal has one and burns was on short notice so what’s your point
Usman has never struggled to make welterweight. Khamzat was prepping for a middleweight fight with Paulo Costa while Usman was on the couch. I don't care what weight you think Usman walks around at, he was smaller.

I am 6 feet tall (same height as Usman) and walk around at 210. Khamzat is bigger than me.

Belal has wins over #13 Maia, #7 Wonderboy, #4 Luque, #9 Brady and #5 Burns.

So you were just wrong because you said Belal had one top 5 win and he has two.

The Burns fight was short notice for both Burns and Belal, who was just over 2 weeks out of Ramadan when the fight happened. And further, Dana White promised a title shot (after Colby) to the winner.

So he knew about Kayla and Dustin’s situations because he guessed? He’s psychic maybe?
He knew about those situations because they weren't nearly as big as the main event for 300 lol. Chimaev already confirmed he’s not fighting on 300 so I was right, Ariel’s just talking trying to guess like the rest of us

Chimaev was talking about possibly fighting at UFC300 for weeks.
He gets offered a main event title shot @ UFC300.

"Not fighting during Ramadan."

What a bitch.

I don't think hugo.sl31 was making an official offer.

Would love to watch DDP thrash khamzat, they won’t be the only ones covered in Vaseline.

Chimaev was talking about possibly fighting at UFC300 for weeks.
He gets offered a main event title shot @ UFC300.

"Not fighting during Ramadan."

What a bitch.

@Paulsp you should update the main post & title with this tweet, doesn't look like Chimaev will end up fighting on UFC 300.

Chimaev making 170lbs?? Way to risk your biggest main event...

And Ariel bases this on what exactly
Probably knows a guy that knows a guy, its not the first he gets to break news before the UFC does, this cost him his UFC credentials, not saying its true, but he has been right before.

Chimaev making 170lbs?? Way to risk your biggest main event...

Probably knows a guy that knows a guy, its not the first he gets to break news before the UFC does, this cost him his UFC credentials, not saying its true, but he has been right before.

I would honestly like to hear the clip from the MMA Hour.

I don't trust these asshole MMA social media accounts to get something right or not try to clickbait.

He could've easily talked about the fight as one of the top choices, like, as in "this would be a great main event"

the way the social media account lays it out it sounds like he has insider info, which he certainly has had in the past like you mention

tldr: I don't trust social media MMA "media" cunts

I wish. That would actually save 300 and live up to the hype but not holding my breath

yes, i believe the guy who was blacklisted and banned from UFC events and who Dana has a personal vendetta against. this guy MUST know about all the shit he's banned from being around.

UFC 300 is a fucking mess. I absolutely do not care about a past prime max fighting Justin who should be fighting for a god damned title. Even if max wins, his chances against Islam are absolutely zero. Why would chim who is supposed to have moved to 185 fighting Leon? Belal should be fighting for the title. This is bad management and scrambling. The focus on personas, drama, double champs, 2-3x rematches, slapfighting and all that bullshit has cheapened the sport and caused debacles like this to be more and more common. Dana's posturing and lies make it 100x worse of course.

UFC 300 is a fucking mess. I absolutely do not care about a past prime max fighting Justin who should be fighting for a god damned title. Even if max wins, his chances against Islam are absolutely zero. Why would chim who is supposed to have moved to 185 fighting Leon? Belal should be fighting for the title. This is bad management and scrambling. The focus on personas, drama, double champs, 2-3x rematches, slapfighting and all that bullshit has cheapened the sport and caused debacles like this to be more and more common. Dana's posturing and lies make it 100x worse of course.
Yup, the UFC has nobody to blame but themselves.

- complain about a guaranteed banger in max vs Gaethje

- want Belal vs Leon on the card, which is gonna have fans leaving the venue mid way through

Usman has never struggled to make welterweight. Khamzat was prepping for a middleweight fight with Paulo Costa while Usman was on the couch. I don't care what weight you think Usman walks around at, he was smaller.

I am 6 feet tall (same height as Usman) and walk around at 210. Khamzat is bigger than me.

Belal has wins over #13 Maia, #7 Wonderboy, #4 Luque, #9 Brady and #5 Burns.

So you were just wrong because you said Belal had one top 5 win and he has two.

The Burns fight was short notice for both Burns and Belal, who was just over 2 weeks out of Ramadan when the fight happened. And further, Dana White promised a title shot (after Colby) to the winner.

Wonderboy was top 5 when Belal beat him so actually he has 3 top 5 wins.

Khamzat couldn't even make weight last time he was scheduled for WW, they'd be foolish to trust him with a title fight.

Back