KHAMZAT HAVING A REALLY BAD WEIGHT CUT

He’s obviously just been in a weight cut. But he made championship weight. Couldn’t have been THAT bad. That being said, in certain his cut is harder than Burns. Maybe if it goes late, burns can outlast him. This is a 3 round fight though, isn’t it? Doubt that would be enough rounds to gas him out.
To be honest he's never been to the third round, and he starts insanely fast. It really wouldn't surprise me if he gassed in the third round. Big weightcut, step up in competition, and first time facing adversity will do that.

I wish they would just leave these guys alone on weigh-cutting days. All they're doing is making him answer the same stupid questions he's been asked for the past few weeks, only now he's completely drained and hasn't had time to recover. Just leave him the fuck alone and let him rehydrate, you're not asking him anything new.
I'm expecting him to gas pretty hard if it goes past the first round.
I'm expecting Burns to gas before Khamzat.

his training partners say he has a great gas tank, and he had 2 days to recover. why would u think that?
He looks like he fights with a great gas tank. Gilbert will gas out before Khamzat. I'm not worried about Khamzat gassing in this fight.

He made championship weight.

Guess it wasn't that bad huh?

Dude looks worse then Conor ever did

his training partners say he has a great gas tank, and he had 2 days to recover. why would u think that?
He has slowed down heavily in the past, and that was before he retired because of Covid. If he gets some resistance from Burns he's going to gas.

I interpreted that as him experiencing the full force of the spotlight for the first time. He looks like a guy who is trying to use his willpower to overcome the shock of dealing with a large volume of fake people who are acting in front of the cameras.
I saw it as him being tired of doing media over and over again and wanting to just go and eat a pizza.

Pretty sure everyone looks like this after a weight cut

This. They literally interviewed him right after he got off the scale.

Also people are acting like this is Khamzat's first fight at WW. He fought at WW before in both UFC and Brave and had no trouble making weight.

I wish they would just leave these guys alone on weigh-cutting days. All they're doing is making him answer the same stupid questions he's been asked for the past few weeks, only now he's completely drained and hasn't had time to recover. Just leave him the fuck alone and let him rehydrate, you're not asking him anything new.
<PlusJuan> this 100% but the UFC gotta squeeze all the media they can get outta fighters like vultures .

Damn, getting flashbacks..

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg
put a spoiler tag on that shit, but yeah
<Eek2.0>

If Burns overcomes Khaz Hype n rush the first 2 minutes I think Burns dominates him. Khaz needs to be Middleweight n there I think he dominates. I just think the cut at 170 for him is just to much to win against high level folks which he has never fought but is tonight.

Khamzat is probably more exhausted by the banal, repetitive media questions than the weight cut. Imagine how many times some jackass has asked the same stupid shit this week? WTF were they expecting...a long, detailed answer on the holes that he and his team have identified and hope to exploit?

The guy was clearly disinterested and had nothing more to say, but as the camera pans to each member, they all just sit there frozen with no one knowing who should speak next - LOL

Burns knows now what he needs to do. Take risks and go for the knockout hoping that a weight cut depleted Khamzat isn't able to take the shots.

Conor used to barely be able to speak and then next day would crush everyone. Borz looked very filled out at the night weigh ins.

You guys might not realize how much you can rehydrate and refuel in 2 days. Especially with repeated smart practice. That is a long time, enough overcome almost any water/nutrient/energy deficiency with the right approach.

Conor used to barely be able to speak and then next day would crush everyone. Borz looked very filled out at the night weigh ins.

Yeah and he's had another full sleep at least and plenty of food and water since even then. Once he made the weight he was in no danger of a problem from the cut. He will be 100% tonight when the fight begins.

Special fighters overcome any adversity to come out on top. I am very intrigued to see what type of fighter Chimaev is.

Back