Rumored Khamzat vs Costa in the works

Costa is not getting out muscled at middleweight by anyone, certainly not by Khamzat.
Costa is bigger than Khamzat, but Khamzat is definitely the stronger of the two. If they do a pose down then Costa's not getting out-muscled, but if they fight he quite likely is.

Costa is bigger than Khamzat, but Khamzat is definitely the stronger of the two. If they do a pose down then Costa's not getting out-muscled, but if they fight he quite likely is.

Predicated on what? Khamzat wasn't strong enough to out muscle Burns in any meaningful way.

Costa has fought and proven himself against legitimate world class middleweights. Go watch his action packed war with Romero, he matches his physicality with zero trouble. Romero was as much of a freak as they come and a proven world-level wrestler, he couldn't get Costa down or muscle him around.

Don't get me wrong, Khamzat is awesome, talented, highly skilled and I'm excited to see him fight. There is absolutely nothing in his entire body of work that suggests he's stronger than Costa.

Rockhold wrestled/grappled with Dagestani fighters and Costa had no issues in wrestling/grappling with him until the 5rh round when Rockhold took him down when he knew he had won all 4 rounds and did not need to take any risks of being finished.

I don't know, Hendriks, Rockhold and Romero are hardly slouches in the wrestling department and Costa had no issues with their grappling.

All those dudes were beyond washed up when they fought Costa.

Romero is a trash tier MMA grappler and yet people keep referencing him as proof that Costa can wrestle. Olympic wrestling credentials, like K1 striking, are generally overrated.

AccurateRightIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Back