Kindergarden Cop is the most great first half poor 2nd half movie ever

Any Judd Aptow movie gives it a nudge. Funny People and Superbad come to mind.

I love Superbad but the part that has always grinded my gears is when he pours out the bleach and puts beer in the bottles like who in their right mind is going to drink an bleach/beer cocktail. I know he is desperate for booze but he’s still drinking it at the party where there’s booze everywhere. Also Jonah Hill was a babyback bitch in that movie.

Nobody talks ever about MO' MONEY but the second half dives so hard you'd think it was Adrien Brody's career.

Yeah. It's on Netflix now. Watching it as we speak. First half is adorable.

Fantastic movie, the whole movie is great.

They use to have beginnings, climaxes and conclusions to movies.

Yeah. I finished the mocie now and the whole thing was good. The second half wasn't weak. Just the right mix of out of water arnold, deranged father, family values, and blood.

Googled and there's apparently a kindergarten cop 2. Lol

Don't know if it's been brought up, but for me Armageddon is the best example of shifting halfway through the movie. I love it up until the shuttles lift off, and hate everything that comes after.

Funny People. I love the first half of that movie. 2nd half is boring and seems depressing a fuck,

Segment with him trying to get back with Leslie Mann and Eric Bana finding out and what not goes on interminably. It really drags down the movie. The whole film is overall pretty mediocre as a result. There are some great gags and hilarious supporting performances (Schwartzman's really sappy and completely lacking in self-awareness performance on his network TV teacher drama is a personal favorite) but the whole is less than the sum of the parts.

I might get some flack for this but I thought Trainwreck was actually one of the most consistent Apatow movies. Still went for the drama element and the emotional touch but it felt like it fit more organically and the cast did a good job.

I know a person who likes Cop and a Half better than Kindergarten Cop.

That's like my brother telling me that he met someone while in college who argued that Mac and Me was more entertaining than ET.

Don't know if it's been brought up, but for me Armageddon is the best example of shifting halfway through the movie. I love it up until the shuttles lift off, and hate everything that comes after.

It's been years so I might need to rewatch it, but my recollection of it makes me think you might be onto something.

The biggest problem with Kindergarten Cop is that it wasn't Junior.

ITS NOT A TOOMER!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Django Unchained could have went down as 1 of Tarantino's best if only it ended better.

After Waltz/Leo they should have just ended it with Jamie blasting his way out and taking his wife with him. Simple.

Instead Tarantino had to write himself in it.

Blazing Saddles should have ended better too

One of my favs ever. It’s perfect to me. Grew up watching it in the 90s multiple times on USA network. Love the soundtrack too. Randy Edelman is the shit.

First half of Independence Day is substantially better and less cheesy than the latter part

I started watching this a month or so ago and enjoyed the first... 50-60 minutes, then I had to leave it for another time. Judging by this thread I best avoid the rest then...

Back