Kingdom Come Deliverance

No, they work fine. Never had a serious issue with hundreds of hours in.
fry_squinting.gif

No, they work fine. Never had a serious issue with hundreds of hours in.

Were you lucky to avoid the massive-scale freeze near Riften or the quest on the bridge that breaks the Companions storyline? Or the frame rate slowing down to 5 in Forsworn battles, or game crashing when Dragons breath elementals at you? Memories from 2011.

Anyways, KCD is better on PC. You have mod workarounds for saving, archery dot, lockpicking, etc, and you can adjust the settings for smoother performance. I run it on GTX 1060 and it runs well on high settings, even after 40 hours.

Were you lucky to avoid the massive-scale freeze near Riften or the quest on the bridge that breaks the Companions storyline? Or the frame rate slowing down to 5 in Forsworn battles, or game crashing when Dragons breath elementals at you? Memories from 2011.

"MY WIFE eS DEAD"
- Borat

when asked which companion he chose while playing Skyrim

Really? This is disappointing?

Once you have full plate, and high bow skill, you can kill everything without much worry.

Even without a bow and abusing the terrain, can still probably fight 20 or 30 guys at once pretty easily just by using a natural bottleneck.

The mid-late game balance is pretty much non-existent. Honestly had to handicap myself and roleplay a bit, it gets really easy really fast. I didn't steal or do use any stolen equipment. I limited myself to using the bow and tried to fight more fights in melee.

By about 15 or 20 hours into the game depending on your pace and your competency with the game's systems, you can have basically the best gear in the game and the random encounters on the road are just peasants.

I think knowing what I know now about the game, if I started from scratch I could be full geared within the first 10 hours, after getting out of the tutorial/into phase.

Last edited:
I haven't played the game yet, I will definitely get it down the line, but I am glad this game did well. It encourages other game creators to try different things and that there is still a huge audience for single player RPGs, even ones with little to no marketing or name recognition.

Once you have full plate, and high bow skill, you can kill everything without much worry.

Even without a bow and abusing the terrain, can still probably fight 20 or 30 guys at once pretty easily just by using a natural bottleneck.

The mid-late game balance is pretty much non-existent. Honestly had to handicap myself and roleplay a bit, it gets really easy really fast. I didn't steal or do use any stolen equipment. I limited myself to using the bow and tried to fight more fights in melee.

By about 15 or 20 hours into the game depending on your pace and your competency with the game's systems, you can have basically the best gear in the game and the random encounters on the road are just peasants.

I think knowing what I know now about the game, if I started from scratch I could be full geared within the first 10 hours, after getting out of the tutorial/into phase.

Definitely. I'm already hyped about a second playthrouh only 8 hours in, mostly to see which directions i can flex henry's travels early on when all map is shadow. Haven't left Rattray and hunting grounds yet, but I'm strongly considering running around fields stealth snuffing everyone and fencing their pants like the world's creepiest adventurer in a fantasy setting

I do however criticize the dev's rpg realism angle for failing to incorporate custom faces. You're the son of a blacksmith named henry, give your players a chance to make that person's face 1 of 3 different presets and you're already a legend in RPG canon

Also henry speech fluctuates between sounding like a massive tool or a stick-in-the-mud in 90% of his cutscenes. It's charming in a way, not unlike the awkward roboticism of *ahem* mass effect protagonists, an albino from Rivia and a rancher named John, but sometimes its pretty cringe

The scene where Raditz's buddy commander tells Henry "we've all lost someone in battle" is hilarious because the game forces you to realize you've been playing a tutorial that forced you to role play your origin story like a self-centered religious burial nut

Not that I don't get the whole "proper burial" middle ages connection -- virtually everyone was that deeply superstitious, but it's great to see your character get philosophically spanked by veteran warriors constantly about his early quest decisions

Last edited:
They also do that thing in conversation wheels where your choice says something dramatic like "you have to be fucking joking, only a fool would go back"

And you pick it and henry says

"I'm not sure about this."

<{1-17}>

like a man raised in the forest by a pack of boring wolves

Definitely. I'm already hyped about a second playthrouh only 8 hours in, mostly to see which directions i can flex henry's travels early on when all map is shadow. Haven't left Rattray and hunting grounds yet, but I'm strongly considering running around fields stealth snuffing everyone and fencing their pants like the world's creepiest adventurer in a fantasy setting

I do however criticize the dev's rpg realism angle for failing to incorporate custom faces. You're the son of a blacksmith named henry, give your players a chance to make that person's face 1 of 3 different presets and you're already a legend in RPG canon

Also henry speech fluctuates between sounding like a massive tool or a stick-in-the-mud in 90% of his cutscenes. It's charming in a way, not unlike the awkward roboticism of *ahem* mass effect protagonists, an albino from Rivia and a rancher named John, but sometimes its pretty cringe

The scene where Raditz's buddy commander tells Henry "we've all lost someone in battle" is hilarious because the game forces you to realize you've been playing a tutorial that forced you to role play your origin story like a self-centered religious burial nut

Not that I don't get the whole "proper burial" middle ages connection -- virtually everyone was that deeply superstitious, but it's great to see your character get philosophically spanked by veteran warriors constantly about his early quest decisions

Protip:

There is a mod out that lets you skip all that and wake up in Rattay right away.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Henry looks like the biggest spud around.

Dev's "you'll be a nobody and remain a nobody"
Game - Almost immediately everyone will be hugging your nuts "Henry's come to visit" "God be with you Henry" "Your the best Henry" "let me suck your dick Henry" gets old every time you ride into a town, in reality they'd be more like "Oh great a guy with a suit of armour and a sword looks like we're getting raped and pillaged today".

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Henry looks like the biggest spud around.

Game - Almost immediately everyone will be hugging your nuts "Henry's come to visit" "God be with you Henry" "Your the best Henry" "let me suck your dick Henry" gets old every time you ride into a town, in reality they'd be more like "Oh great a guy with a suit of armour and a sword looks like we're getting raped and pillaged today".

Henry: "I must visit my village at all costs for must honor the memory of The Village People"

*new player desperately loots every villager corpse they see*

Rattay Miller: "Are you alright boy? We saved you from that village..."

Henry: "I must go tell a guy who ordered a sword from me that I failed him for I must honor the memory of Sword"

Rattay Miller: "Ok but first could you help me retrieve a ring from a grave on a hil-"

Henry: "YOU VIOLATOR OF CORPSES IS THERE NOTHING SACRED"

Rattay Miller: "um. Or you could just pay me in money."

Henry: "I will take the job"

Rattay Miller: "Really? Oh, excellent. The grave is near the-"

Henry: "-BUT YOU SIR ARE A VIOLATOR OF GRAVES AND DEAD BODIES AND ROAM THE EARTH A BAD CHRISTIAN"

Henry: I must visit my village at all costs for must honor their memory

*new players desperately loot every corpse they see*

Rattay Miller: "Are you alright boy? We saved you from that village."

Henry: "I must go tell a guy who ordered a sword from me that I failed him for I must honor the memory of Sword"

Rattay Miller: "Ok but first could you help me retrieve a ring from a grave on a hil-"

Henry: "YOU VIOLATOR OF CORPSES IS THERE NOTHING SACRED"

Rattay Miller: "um. Or you could just pay me in money."

Henry: "I will take the job"

Rattay Miller: "Really? Oh, excellent. The grave is near the-"

Henry: "-BUT YOU SIR ARE A VIOLATOR OF GRAVES AND DEAD BODIES AND ROAM THE EARTH A BAD CHRISTIAN"

Henry has bipolar

That really bothers the shit out of me.

They need to make a mod that deletes all the HEY HENRY stuff.

Like bitch, I haven't even been to this town how do you know my name??

Also for the sake of spoilers I won't mention any specifics but literally to activate the final mission you get sent on like 4 errands at once that literally a peasant could do and by that point of the game you're stature is far above doing pointless errands like that. It's inconsistent with the narrative.

zo5ppvyoami01.png

Just did the bandit camp battle.. shit is still pretty glitchy on PC but I thought it was pretty sweet and cool. Most immersed I've felt in a kind of RPG battle before.

That really bothers the shit out of me.

They need to make a mod that deletes all the HEY HENRY stuff.

Like bitch, I haven't even been to this town how do you know my name??

“Tell your uncle in Shitsplitz that there’s this wanker blacksmith who got hit on the head and is riding around on a horse in knights armor like he’s all ladida suddenly. Everybody humor him because he’s handy with the bow like and he’s butt buddies with that gay princeling who pretends he ain’t so the uncle said not to touch him. You’ll know when he rides around because he’s got a face like a spud, talks common but got plate armor and shit. Name is Henry. Just let the forest lads know though, and if they get him, it’s 50 groschen for me, like.”

Back