Law Las Vegas Judge Dares to Withhold Leniency From former High Jumper. Justice Reform in Full Bloom.

Just on this charge. Then for assault with a deadly weapon he should do 25 to life. That to run consecutively.
I would think, just in enhancements, he's going to be looking at another 15, not counting just the base charges of jumping across a bench and assaulting a judge.

The dude didn't even try to dress up for his court appearance things like that really do matter and if you can have both your father and mother there as well it matters... Plus is the dude that retarded did he thing his actions were gonna help his sentencing....laughing

A lot of people in the Youtube comments are saying stuff like "thanks Biden", "Biden's America" etc etc. Which is ridiculous. No president in place is gonna be able to put a stop to this kind of craziness.

Well, it sounds better than thanking the Republican Governor, or the Independent Mayor who is a friend of Trump. However if Sisolak had gotten re-elected, I've no doubt this would have been laid at his feet.

The dude didn't even try to dress up for his court appearance things like that really do matter and if you can have both your father and mother there as well it matters... Plus is the dude that retarded did he thing his actions were gonna help his sentencing....laughing
I'm not sure of his mental state, but he was issued a court order assessment and was found competent to stand trial.

There's literally a penal code for Forcible Sexual Contact with a Foreign Object.

True, but I think a majority of rapists turned eunuchs would have great difficulty raping women/children without a penis.

True, but I think a majority of rapists turned eunuchs would have great difficulty raping women/children without a penis.
Unfortunately, rape is not always a sexual urge. A lot of times it is dominance and violence, which castration will not help with. There are very few studies, but some material still shows about a 5% recidivism rate (Only for rape, sexual assault was not accounted for) for rapists that have been castrated, physically or chemically. Rape, itself, has about a 16% recidivism rate for sexual crimes after conviction (not just rape, but sexual assault, as well). So, that's a lot of work and appeals to castrate a rapist to lower their expected recidivism about 11%, but not to zero.

A lot of people in the Youtube comments are saying stuff like "thanks Biden", "Biden's America" etc etc. Which is ridiculous. No president in place is gonna be able to put a stop to this kind of craziness.
I’m pretty sure it’s a in going joke people would say thanks Obama! When he was president and then thanks Trump !

I'm going to just start thanking random politicians.

Thanks, Danny Begley, District 3 City Councilman in Omaha Nebraska.
Lol that’s the exact point … traffic on the highway today thanks Biden !

Unfortunately, rape is not always a sexual urge. A lot of times it is dominance and violence, which castration will not help with. There are very few studies, but some material still shows about a 5% recidivism rate (Only for rape, sexual assault was not accounted for) for rapists that have been castrated, physically or chemically. Rape, itself, has about a 16% recidivism rate for sexual crimes after conviction (not just rape, but sexual assault, as well). So, that's a lot of work and appeals to castrate a rapist to lower their expected recidivism about 11%, but not to zero.

Thank you for taking the time to look all of that up-most would not bother and instead spout bullshit one line responses. I respect that. And during my masters and knowledge as a leo, I am aware of the power and dominance aspect of rape-I just don’t totally buy into that. I do think most tales and sexual assaults. For some, it is the feeling of complete domination that gets them off, but I honestly believe that the majority of rapes is for sexual gratification with a female/child that they couldn’t have consensually. I believe they see a victim they sexually desire and strike if there is an opportunity to do so with minimal risk. The studies you speak of are from interviews with convicted rapists-why did you do it and how did it make you feel is a big part of it. The sexual gratification aspect that I think drives so many rapes is on perfect display in, for example, college settings where a victim is incredibly intoxicated or even unconscious and the rapist forces themselves upon the victim, so is personally believe that it is primarily about the sex and getting off.

Well, it sounds better than thanking the Republican Governor, or the Independent Mayor who is a friend of Trump. However if Sisolak had gotten re-elected, I've no doubt this would have been laid at his feet.
I'll take your word for it that those are the people in charge over there. Either way. None of them can prevent uber crazy.

Update

"After leaping over the bench, Redden allegedly slammed Holthus’ head against a wall, struck her once on the head, and pulled some hair out of her head, documents said. She then hid under her desk “balled up covering her face.” The ensuing struggle lasted several minutes.

Holthus’ marshal, identified as Shane Brandon, received 25 stitches to a gash on his face, documents said. Brandon was preparing to handcuff Redden at the time. He also dislocated his shoulder.

Redden also hit and punched a corrections officer who was present in the courtroom, documents said. Holthus’ law clerk, Michael Lasso, was cut several times on his hand in the melee.

After the attack, in a holding cell near the courtroom, Redden reportedly told an officer, “Judge has it out for me,” “Judge is evil,” “I’m sorry you guys had to see that,” documents said. Another officer said Redden asked him if what he did was wrong.

Redden also told corrections officers he had a bad day and tried to kill her, according to documents the 8 News Now Investigators first obtained Thursday.

While at the Clark County Detention Center, Redden allegedly spit in a corrections officer’s face, police said. Chief Judge Jerry Wiese said Holthus returned to work Thursday.

Holthus was also working Friday, as indicated by the filing of new documents in the initial attempted battery case. The filing Friday ordered officers to bring Redden to court “by any and all means necessary.” Redden could still appear in court via teleconference from jail.

Redden faced 13 charges in connection with Wednesday’s attack in a new court case. A Las Vegas Justice Court judge, not Holthus, will hear bail arguments in that case Tuesday.

As the 8 News Now Investigators reported Wednesday, Redden was previously in front of Holthus on charges of malicious destruction of property.
Records show he served prison time on a domestic battery charge for a year, starting in 2021. In that case, a different judge sentenced Redden to prison for a term of 12-30 months. A board granted Redden parole in 2022."

When you think about it, this maybe saved someone's life. Now this dude will be locked up for a long time and without someone dying. Had he been given parole or even a short sentence, next time maybe he actually puts someone in the morgue.

Win for everyone!

Update

"After leaping over the bench, Redden allegedly slammed Holthus’ head against a wall, struck her once on the head, and pulled some hair out of her head, documents said. She then hid under her desk “balled up covering her face.” The ensuing struggle lasted several minutes.

Holthus’ marshal, identified as Shane Brandon, received 25 stitches to a gash on his face, documents said. Brandon was preparing to handcuff Redden at the time. He also dislocated his shoulder.

Redden also hit and punched a corrections officer who was present in the courtroom, documents said. Holthus’ law clerk, Michael Lasso, was cut several times on his hand in the melee.

After the attack, in a holding cell near the courtroom, Redden reportedly told an officer, “Judge has it out for me,” “Judge is evil,” “I’m sorry you guys had to see that,” documents said. Another officer said Redden asked him if what he did was wrong.

Redden also told corrections officers he had a bad day and tried to kill her, according to documents the 8 News Now Investigators first obtained Thursday.

While at the Clark County Detention Center, Redden allegedly spit in a corrections officer’s face, police said. Chief Judge Jerry Wiese said Holthus returned to work Thursday.

Holthus was also working Friday, as indicated by the filing of new documents in the initial attempted battery case. The filing Friday ordered officers to bring Redden to court “by any and all means necessary.” Redden could still appear in court via teleconference from jail.

Redden faced 13 charges in connection with Wednesday’s attack in a new court case. A Las Vegas Justice Court judge, not Holthus, will hear bail arguments in that case Tuesday.

As the 8 News Now Investigators reported Wednesday, Redden was previously in front of Holthus on charges of malicious destruction of property.
Records show he served prison time on a domestic battery charge for a year, starting in 2021. In that case, a different judge sentenced Redden to prison for a term of 12-30 months. A board granted Redden parole in 2022."

y’all think she’s gonna talk shit from behind a wall of cops with their arms folded or nah?

y’all think she’s gonna talk shit from behind a wall of cops with their arms folded or nah?

This judge might want to take a cue from the Russians on how they handle defendants in court.

griner-in-court_hpEmbed_20220802-063120_3x2_992.jpg

Seeing as how he reacted, he probably should be locked up sadly. The man has no emotional control, and is blatantly prone to violence at a slight comment. Sad to say with the US system he won't get the help he needs, but better he be out of society than in it wreaking havoc.

Back