Laura Sanko colour commentary - Rate It

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
26 incels as of this post.

I'd personally say about a 6 or 7 (I voted 7)

Which is good given it was her first ppv, I figure she has the potential to improve.
I really have no idea who clicks zero and pretends to have working testosterone. Their doctors told them their endocrine system was a complete failure, so they just figured they'll fake it, but think having it just turns you into a fucking nimrod

She was alright. I did feel she was a bit off, didn't perform as well as her fight night debut. Felt like she ceded too much time to DC, not sure whether that was intentional on her part.

0/10 she stinks it’s awkward

she’s dying to show the boys she knows stuff but it’s choppy she’s calling things out like it’s a quiz not like she’s adding flavor to the broadcast

Taking fire for that "0". <45>

I gave her a 3/10.

"awkward": True.

"she’s dying to show the boys she knows stuff": True.

"choppy she’s calling things out like it’s a quiz": Sanko does her homework, tells others she does her homework (watching tape, etc), tries to act like a new lecturer spewing her notes for memory, seeking her Brand traction with hip phrasing and long winded observations.

Just the wrong feel for a Fight where I'm trying to enjoy the spectacle with friends and strangers. The Show is in the Octagon -- make that experience more splendid rather than making it a Nerd event.

"not like she’s adding flavor to the broadcast": unfortunately, she's adding an Oprah flavor, which has feminized DC and now he's cackling like a broad alongside her.

She has a very nice voice and articulate and sounds intelligent, but I like listening to commentaries from people who are actually experts in MMA and can learn things from, which she ain't.

It's like NBA plugging Doris or whatever her name is into NBA play off commentary. But it's the times we live in.

Political correctness and appealing to masses for their bottom line are what it's all about.

I'd give her 3, only because she speaks well.

But hey, it's better than MLB plugging softball players into coaching gigs and commentaries.

There's so much that's wrong in this post, it's actually pretty funny.

I gave her a 9 to be honest.

She was a refreshing change from the usual boys club that commentates. She was knowledgeable, did a lot of research on the fighters and their histories, and 10000000000x better than Jon "Mr. Copy" Anik. That guy only reads advertising all night.

I didn't miss Rogan at all. Sanko seemed to get Jon and Cormier on task the entire night instead of them giggling like school girls the entire time. I hope to see/hear more of her in the PPVs. It was an excellent change and would love for it to become permanent.

I gave her a 6 so just above average. She didn't annoy me which is my baseline for all commentators and is what I consider average. She didn't do anything special either though or stand out in anyway.

She's taller than Rogan and is a better announcer.

She has a very nice voice and articulate and sounds intelligent, but I like listening to commentaries from people who are actually experts in MMA and can learn things from, which she ain't.

It's like NBA plugging Doris or whatever her name is into NBA play off commentary. But it's the times we live in.

Political correctness and appealing to masses for their bottom line are what it's all about.

I'd give her 3, only because she speaks well.

But hey, it's better than MLB plugging softball players into coaching gigs and commentaries.

If you do have any experience with martial arts, AND you listened, it was very apparent that she did her homework.

I'm guessing you just assumed that she didn't say anything insightful.

Cormier was a spectacular fighter, even if his style was ugly as shit, but his commentary is garbage.

If you genuinely wanna learn martial arts, go break a sweat at the gym.

There's more to it than that. Surely you've watched good PowerPoints and bad PowerPoints at work, right? Was the difference how much the presenter prepared? Or was it their delivery, fluency, and eloquence?

the difference was about both. It's a conjunction of factors. Some of it is natural disposition and the rest is work that you put to acquire it. Honestly not that hard

I'd give her a 7.5. Definitely above average.

If that's her first go at it and is only likely to get better at her job then she is a good addition.

I would say a 6, early on she had a hard time finding her footing and when she would get talked over she would go silent. She seemed very unsure of when to jump in.

As the main card rolled on she hit her stride and pointed things out missed by the others which pushed her over.

I will say as a unit they aren't overly exciting especially when a huge moment happens. Rogan can be annoying but he enhances that moment.

yall just wanna smash she dont read sherdog forums bros...average commentary
<{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}>

I think you underate very much how much work coaches have to do to coach, compared to tv commentators. I mean workload in and out of itself are just incomparable.

I'm not trying to call him just a comedian. He's a commentator and a rich celebrity. He does have BJJ background in black belt and TKD too.

I don't consider him an expert. Just because you commentate on something for that long, doesn't make one an expert. I've been studying MMA also for 20+ years. Does that make me an expert?

Of course, the standards of being an expert outside professional criteria are entirely subjective things.

I think Joe Rogan as a comedian who commentates on fights, nothing more, nothing less.

If I'm wrong, then I guess I'm wrong.

@MXZT But Joe Rogan is the last thing on this earth I'd get into debate about. Cheers and Happy Sunday.

Hold on just a fucking minute.

Joe Rogan attained the belt ranking of expert level of knowledge and technical skill, in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and TKD (and competed well in TKD), and also John Danaher recruited him to teach George. St. FUCKING PIERRE how to do a sidekick, but you don't consider him to be an expert?

Okay bro. I guess we'll raise Bruce Lee from the grave or clone some monks from ancient DNA because according to you expertise doesn't fucking exist lol

How can he not be an expert he's been studying MMA for 20+years like you said? Just because you haven't fought in MMA officially, doesn't mean you can't be a great commentator/analyst for it.

Just look at the best coaches in the NBA, there usually people who never really played the game. If the guy makes sense and explains what's going on beautifully. That's all that matters. To call him just a comedian is being narrow minded.

Bro he's trolling us. Claims to have trained in MMA for 20 years but doesn't consider Joe an expert who is a black belt in multiple arts who John fucking Danaher considers an expert in martial arts. You can't take people like that seriously. If you have done martial arts for 20 years and aren't some level of expert it's because you fucked around and didn't train seriously or you hopped arts so often you never reached anything but a rudimentary understanding of any of them. I was guilty of that after I got my black belt in shou shu and hopped around a lot.

<LikeReally5>

I really have no idea who clicks zero and pretends to have working testosterone. Their doctors told them their endocrine system was a complete failure, so they just figured they'll fake it, but think having it just turns you into a fucking nimrod

Meh. I'm thinking those guys are the ones who voted 10. I personally found her average with very low input. 5 on 10 and not one point more. But because of breast horny idiots will upgrade that 4 or 5 pints.

Meh. I'm thinking those guys are the ones who voted 10. I personally found her average with very low input. 5 on 10 and not one point more. But because of breast horny idiots will upgrade that 4 or 5 pints.

if you're in the 4-7 or maybe 4-8 range, I think you're being genuine. If you're voting 0-1-2-3 or 9-10 I think you're just being weird and jacking yourself off to prove a point.

Back