Lawler was out (GIF inside)

Was Robbie out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Askren's head was holding Robbie's right arm up, Ben moves his head and Lawler's lifeless arm drops to the canvas. That's a wrap, son.

Any footage after this point is irrelevant.

View attachment 536759
good job ignoring robbie shaking away herbs arm and giving a thumbs up after this happened lol

Yea he was flash kod from a bulldog choke that he didn't submit to.

Hi retard.

The point you're making of him going limp only applies to someone who is unconscious and the ref literally saving them from dying. Clearly that isn't the case.

You are the retard, the point is Lawler was not defending the choke or position at all, arms on the mat doing nothing is not a good sign to the ref when someone has their arms wrapped around your neck and cranking. Get a clue dipshit.

Askren's head was holding Robbie's right arm up, Ben moves his head and Lawler's lifeless arm drops to the canvas. That's a wrap, son.

View attachment 536759
So why did dean check his arm? There’s literally no argument.

If he was out he would've went face first into the mat as his arms would not have continued to keep him up.

Plus there are views of him giving the thumbs up right after his arm "went limp".
Robbie was propping himself on a knee.

Lawler himself said that the choke was covering his ears, so he couldn't hear Herb. He said that he was letting Askren burn his arms out

he was out and woke up in seconds , but 100 percent herb did the right move, you see his other hand is kind of limp as well until he wakes up

ive never seen a hand behind someone head drop like that, that is a bizarre strategy on robbies part if he was awake.

Yes, I know what a carotid artery is, which is why I mentioned it. Please tell me with a straight face that Askren is not compressing his carotid in this pic.
View attachment 536767
You honestly don't lmao you gonna argue with Cruz when he says that does nothing to cut off blood flow? I'm gonna believe Cruz over you buddy. You never stepped foot in an octagon.

View attachment 536749
View attachment 536751

You're telling me this is the proper way to defend a bulldog choke? Both arms are limp. Come on, he was out.

ben-askren-robbie-lawler-ufc-235-16.jpg

All that is, is the wrong angle.

He relaxed because this "choke" (which is not a choke) would not take him out. So he was waiting for Askren to burn his arms and then he would get out.
There's another angle that shows clearly that when Herb touched Robbie, he made the OK sign right before Herb stopped the fight.

Re was NEVER out. He was merely waiting.

Sucks for Robbie, but that is what happened.

Trying to change reality is idiotic.

You are the retard, the point is Lawler was not defending the choke or position at all, arms on the mat doing nothing is not a good sign to the ref when someone has their arms wrapped around your neck and cranking. Get a clue dipshit.

Except you’re wrong. Look at Robbie’s left hand - he locked up Askren’s ankle to defend the headlock. Never let go, the entire time. It’s clear in video and the photos.

You honestly don't lmao you gonna argue with Cruz when he says that does nothing to cut off blood flow? I'm gonna believe Cruz over you buddy. You never stepped foot in an octagon.
Amazing "rebuttal", my man. Cruz had only one angle to watch the fight from, we now have multiple. If you think a bulldog choke does not interrupt the blood flow to the brain then you've never grappled a day in your life.

You missed where he gives the thumbs up. Nice one sided obvious bias. GFYM

That would actually contradict Robbie's claim that he couldn't hear Herb to respond. That thumbs up is also a fraction of a second but people and happens at the moment Herb is grabbing Askren to release the hold. People freeze frame it and act like Robbie had his thump up for days.

Why would he go unconscious and come back to when the "choke" was still tight?
I think it was the position of Robbie's right arm is what completes the choke. Similar to a Von Flue in that regard. Once the arm goes limp and falls, that releases the choke on that side and Robbie starts to slowly come to.

Yeah and if his body went limp he wouldn't have been able to keep himself up.
Robbie's weight was shifted forward and Askren was stabilizing his head with his choke. Robbie could have fallen either forward or to the side, but this was not possible due to Askren holding him, thus he remained propped on his knee.

View attachment 536759

Robbie's right arm was both vertical (under exertion) and behind both his and Ben's head. It wasn't a question of being "out", it was due to strength being sapped. He was never out, and you posted a GIF that suited your (incorrect) opinion.

Robbie reset his position, and Herb fucked up. Robbie's hand didn't drop when Herb let it go, regardless of whether or not Herb saw the thumbs up from Robbie. The very second Ben released the choke hold, Robbie didn't drop, and immediately rose and looked at Herb.

In hindsight I don’t think he went out, but his arms went limp like he was.

I’m not giving Herb 1 ounce of shit for that call.
Yeah he got it wrong, but at that moment he saw Robbie’s arms go limp, Robbie wasn’t responding verbally and Herb had a limited line of sight due to them being against the cage.

I probably would’ve made that same call in the moment. A good ref errors on the side of the fighters’ safety.

i honestly dont know but herb did the right thing, your health is nothing to play with

Herb did the right thing by checking a guys arm, ignoring the resultant thumbs up that was less than 3 feet from his face, and THEN stopping the fight? {<huh} If you're trying to determine a fighters condition, it actually pays to WATCH their response, otherwise what's the point of checking?

Except you’re wrong. Look at Robbie’s left hand - he locked up Askren’s ankle to defend the headlock. Never let go, the entire time. It’s clear in video and the photos.

People can see that's not true by the second picture in the OPs post. His left hand looks limp too right there and obviously not around Askren's ankle.

Back