News Lee Sun-kyun: Parasite actor, 48, found dead in apparent suicide

Also, I understand many of you is appalled by the drug law that "lead" to his death. But I'm extremely happy we have these strict laws protecting us. Singapore where I'm from have the strictest drug law is occasionally condemned and I remember a thread here couple of years back did the same with me defending our stance.

It seems sad for Westerners that we can't do what we want in our own time, but it works. It makes our environment extremely safe to live in, even for ladies walking alone at 2am. I'll take strict laws over potential crazy addicts messing up an area of the country turning into a slump or whatever it's called.

That said, What I disagree is it that it's crime for us to try recreational drugs even when we are in countries that are permitted. Most of the countries that ban drugs seems to have this law, which I find ridiculous. Many people get into trouble with weed marijuana consumption overseas upon returning to their country. I think this should not be the case. Banning the use in our own country is perfectly fine, but making it illegal for its citizens to use even out of its borders, is bonkers.
While I kinda agree wit a lot of what you’re saying , the hypocrisy of Asian countries like Korea , Singapore. Taiwan , Japan and China is staggering. Alcohol has destroyed more lives in human history than any drug imo . It’s legal in these societies ,and is highly encouraged if not outright mandated as team bonding after work. I don’t wanna debate you on booze vs drugs because alcohol IS a drug , it’s just a socially accepted one in these countries. At least the Muslims ( not supporting them ) go full on with their drug ban.

That’s really sad to hear.

In history, China fought whole wars against the British to try and stop the proliferation of opium in their country because, they at least have the common sense to know that certain things are bad for your country and it’s populace.

The pro-drug lobby are the most short-sighted, immature, careless group of people in politics.

“Freedom is freedom, bro” … yeah, you don’t just stand by and let your loved ones get hooked on heroin or fentanyl, dummy.
Yeah allowing people to die in the street of a fetavyl overdose seems like a perverse type of freedom fo allow . But also allowing people fo be drunk in the street , urinating in public and just being a general asshole out and about seems perverse too. These countries are too permissive with alcohol too. Given the choice of going into a strange house party where everyone is blitzed on booze or one where they’re just high on weed , I’ll take the weed house anyway . Alcohol brings out the absolute worst, primal behavior in ALOT of people and yet these strict on “ drugs “ countries not only allow booze but make it an integral part of their societies .

Yeah allowing people to die in the street of a fetavyl overdose seems like a perverse type of freedom fo allow . But also allowing people fo be drunk in the street , urinating in public and just being a general asshole out and about seems perverse too. These countries are too permissive with alcohol too. Given the choice of going into a strange house party where everyone is blitzed on booze or one where they’re just high on weed , I’ll take the weed house anyway . Alcohol brings out the absolute worst, primal behavior in ALOT of people and yet these strict on “ drugs “ countries not only allow booze but make it an integral part of their societies .

Not this argument again.

“But but, Alcohol is legal, so let’s legalize and allow everything!!!” …

Alcohol consumption, in the UK at least, has been on a steady decline since the mid-00s.

Gen Z is largely turning away from booze.

When the trend is moving towards more positive, healthy directions, why are drug advocates so hellbent on pushing in the opposite direction??

You would rather be in the “weed house”?? With cannabis, people who don’t even smoke are also affected by second hand cannabis smoke. Think of how many young children have now been exposed to second hand cannabis smoke since it’s legalization. How have these chemicals affected their young, developing brains??

Do you even give a shit?

Last edited:
If you guys think this is crazy, let me share another story that is bonkers. I'm not sure if you guys can find English article to confirm my sharing but *shrug*

Earlier this year, a teacher of 20 years experience committed suicide due to bullying by parents over a span of 4 years.

4 kids bullied their classmate and the teacher stood up to them, sending them to the Principal's office. Their parents instead claims the teacher abused her authority to punish their kids. They even forced her to kneel and apologise in front of their kids. She did.

But they refused to let her off, even after she was no longer their kids class teacher and moved to another school after 3 years. The same parents kept writing complaint letters to their Ministry of Education accusing the teacher of abuse. News claims 370 of these letters per month was sent during this few years.

When the teacher finally committed suicide, Netizens doxxed the parents. Some of them were small business owners.

The most infuriating thing is one of the parents tried to defend her acts, and she said during a play session, her sons hand got slapped by his classmate face. And the teacher overreacted and caused stress to her kid.

Yes, no translation error, she claimed her sons hand got slapped by his classmate face.
Is it this one?

In B4 “But but, muh Portugal!!”, “Portugal decriminalized drugs and it’s f**king utopia now!!”

Yeah … I’m not so sure about that.

It all boils down to what kind of country you want to live in and what kind of behavior you want to tolerate.

Not this argument again.

“But but, Alcohol is legal, so let’s legalize and allow everything!!!” …

Alcohol consumption, in the UK at least, has been on a steady decline since the mid-00s.

Gen Z is largely turning away from booze.

When the trend is moving towards more positive, healthy directions, why are drug advocates so hellbent on pushing in the opposite direction??

You would rather be in the “weed house”?? With cannabis, people who don’t even smoke are also affected by second hand cannabis smoke. Think of how many young children have now been exposed to second hand cannabis smoke since it’s legalization. How have these chemicals affected their young, developing brains??

Do you even give a shit?
Seriously bro? The alcohol lobby is billions a year . Billions a year in advertising . And so what if less people are drinking ? It’s still a huge social problem . “ but but weed is bad!” You’re an imbecile if you think weed ( I’m not oblivious to weeds affects on an individual ) is socially more destructive than booze. As a matter of fact , you’re a damn fool if you believe weed is more harmful fo society. LMAO x 100 ar weeds second hand smoke issues . Got you on ignore bud . You are a dumbass but gave you a reaction to remember me by .

In B4 “But but, muh Portugal!!”, “Portugal decriminalized drugs and it’s f**king utopia now!!”

Yeah … I’m not so sure about that.

It all boils down to what kind of country you want to live in and what kind of behavior you want to tolerate.

Who the fuck was talking about Portugal or legalizing drugs ?! Take that straw man elsewhere “ bro .”

Seriously bro? The alcohol lobby is billions a year . Billions a year in advertising . And so what if less people are drinking ? It’s still a huge social problem . “ but but weed is bad!” You’re an imbecile if you think weed ( I’m not oblivious to weeds affects on an individual ) is socially more destructive than booze. As a matter of fact , you’re a damn fool if you believe weed is more harmful fo society. LMAO x 100 ar weeds second hand smoke issues . Got you on ignore bud . You are a dumbass but gave you a reaction to remember me by .

Ignore me if you like. In the end, you will know that I’m right.

The west lacks the willpower to do the right thing with regards to drugs.

lol illegal drug use. Thank god I weren't born in one of those asian shitholes!

that's why chinese is a champion on conversative side, see what is happening with South Korea, natality is under the ground, social medias there are toxics, china knows it very well, toxics western media must not enter the sacred realm of asia.

Using drugs like fentanyl, heroin etc is immoral.
who tf cares what you think of what others do? doing that kind of shit is def extremely bad for their health and will fuck up their lives, but def not immoral and, regardless, why being "immoral" makes it illegal?

who tf cares what you think of what others do? doing that kind of shit is def extremely bad for their health and will fuck up their lives, but def not immoral and, regardless, why being "immoral" makes it illegal?

It is immoral because we live in a society and your behavior affects other people. We have an obligation to have certain standards of behavior in society.

It is immoral because we live in a society and your behavior affects other people. We have an obligation to have certain standards of behavior in society.

giphy.gif

Also, I understand many of you is appalled by the drug law that "lead" to his death. But I'm extremely happy we have these strict laws protecting us. Singapore where I'm from have the strictest drug law is occasionally condemned and I remember a thread here couple of years back did the same with me defending our stance.

It seems sad for Westerners that we can't do what we want in our own time, but it works. It makes our environment extremely safe to live in, even for ladies walking alone at 2am. I'll take strict laws over potential crazy addicts messing up an area of the country turning into a slump or whatever it's called.

That said, What I disagree is it that it's crime for us to try recreational drugs even when we are in countries that are permitted. Most of the countries that ban drugs seems to have this law, which I find ridiculous. Many people get into trouble with weed marijuana consumption overseas upon returning to their country. I think this should not be the case. Banning the use in our own country is perfectly fine, but making it illegal for its citizens to use even out of its borders, is bonkers.

The thing is nobody gave a shit about cannabis in Asia until the US pushed our drug laws on the world via the UN convention on drugs.

I guarantee you legalizing cannabis would not make Singaporean streets unsafe for women at 2 am.

Cannabis grew wild and was not a big deal in Japan, China, and the Korean peninsula for centuries.

Even though US voters are broadly decriminalizing it at state levels, many Asian nations still have incredibly draconic laws related to possession and use.

It's Americas fault Asian nations criminalized it in the first place, but after a century even the US is rethinking cannabis prohibition.

It's pretty huge here in Asia.

It's not just the drug allegation, he have been reported visiting VIP brothel which is another huge no no considering his image.

Korean Netizen is very infamous for being toxic, if you guys think Westerns social medias are filled toxic idiots, Korea's one is much MUCH worst.

One can assume the backlash of these reports caused him tremendous stress from Korean Netizens. I'm just shocked he couldn't handle it at this age, IF that is the real reason he committed suicide. There are plenty of teachers/young celebrities that commit suicides due to social pressure and bullying over the years. The number is shocking.
Wait.. you can't do drugs and bitches in Korea? What a shithole.

Huh, I didn’t know Korea was so fucking uptight, but I guess I shouldn’t have been all that surprised. My brother’s wife is Korean and he hates going to Korea with her. He’s travelled to China and Japan numerous times each and always loves it, along with travelling to Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines at least once that I recall, but he cannot stand going to Korea, which they do about every three years or so. Now I guess it makes a bit more sense if that’s the kind of culture that they have there.

I am staying out of this drug debate, just want to point out you have an AV of actor best known or pretty much only known for playing a meth cook/dealer.

I have my own reasons for choosing my av.

I also subscribe to the idea of hate the sin, not the sinner.

I don’t hate anyone that takes drugs, but if someone is going to sit there and try to argue that they are “good, healthy and legalizing drugs is a good, moral thing”, then I’m going to shoot down their arguments.

Back