Media Leon Edwards on Colby Covington getting the next title shot: “I don’t know how that makes sense"

Man.

You gotta get your Will in order,before going in there and locking up with Shavkat The Unassailable.
Feel bad for him I can't lie. He's annoying and boring asf but he earned his title shot. Now Shavkat is gonna ruin him and he will never get his title shot. Brutal.

And this rank squatter comes out of nowhere and gets the title shot. Inactive for over a year and his last win is a washed Masvidal. Goofy ass sport. No justice at all.

At least Masvidal would have to win a fight in this century to earn the shot,and against a top fighter no less. Colby couldnt say the same

Number one I doubt Jorge wins, its a punchers chance and even if he lands a lucky punch he’s not a better fighter than Colby, we know this because we watched not just 3 rounds, but 5 rounds of him getting dominated by Colby.

Number one I doubt Jorge wins, its a punchers chance and even if he lands a lucky punch he’s not a better fighter than Colby, we know this because we watched not just 3 rounds, but 5 rounds of him getting dominated by Colby.
Countin fuckin chickens ova hyeah.

Him fighting burns,shavkat or belal is still better than colby

Feel bad for him I can't lie. He's annoying and boring asf but he earned his title shot. Now Shavkat is gonna ruin him and he will never get his title shot. Brutal.

And this rank squatter comes out of nowhere and gets the title shot. Inactive for over a year and his last win is a washed Masvidal. Goofy ass sport. No justice at all.
I'm not annoyed by Belal. He's a bit of a dork,but thats just how he is. He cant help it really. Better he be himself than try to be someone else. I wish him luck.

To be fair, Jorge fight is personal.
Let him do his personal shit after he loses the belt, or clears out top contenders.

The champion should fight the best fighters, Colby owned Jorge.

What has Jorge done since he landed that lucky knee?

If he was calling out Shavkat or something you wouldn’t get any argument from me, but wanting to fight that bum because he is much easier than Colby or any other top contender is pure ducking.

All 4 are better options than Jorge, so why does he want to fight the easiest most overrated guy?

He will probably never mention Khamzat or Shavkat, he don’t want that smoke.

Colby fights vs Usman were both closer than the burns fight.

Belal has worst standup and can’t sell ppv, which is why ufc is avoiding giving him a title shot and is feeding him to shavkat.

If Leon doesn’t want to fight Shavkat(he doesn’t because he will lose) Colby fight makes the most sense and will sell ppv.

All 4 are better options than Jorge, so why does he want to fight the easiest most overrated guy?

He will probably never mention Khamzat or Shavkat, he don’t want that smoke.

Colby fights vs Usman were both closer than the burns fight.

Belal has worst standup and can’t sell ppv, which is why ufc is avoiding giving him a title shot and is feeding him to shavkat.

If Leon doesn’t want to fight Shavkat(he doesn’t because he will lose) Colby fight makes the most sense and will sell ppv.
We KNOW why. He wants revenge for takin the 3 piece and the soda. Plus fuck Colby. it's not Leon's job to throw down a ladder to that idiot.

We KNOW why. He wants revenge for takin the 3 piece and the soda. Plus fuck Colby. it's not Leon's job to throw down a ladder to that idiot.

You can hate Colby but he’s still better than Jorge, fuck his three piece, IDGAF.

If he wants to fight a real fighter like Shavkat or Khamzat, fine, but Him calling out Jorge over Colby is pure ducking.

Okay so the likelihood of Masvidal even getting a title shot is pretty low because chances are Burns is going to submit him or even knock him out straight up but if Masvidal gets through this and eeks out a win...

I think Masvidal might have a shot?

That straight right hand KO is one thing but he got caught with it on an unlucky day.

That first fight with Usman was all Usman clinch, footstomp, and a grapplefest. Edwards might avoid doing that because he's mostly a defensive wrestler at this point and choose to stand with Masvidal and it takes a LOT of power for a punch to KO Masvidal straight up.

The type of power that Edwards has, but only in his kicks..

So if Colby wants to grab and play title challenger that's all fine (his knees not being shot gives Colby a huge leg up over Usman now) but Edwards vs Masvidal has a potential chance of an insane finish via KO somewhere should the match materialize.

If you're the best, you can beat anyone. There is no need to cherry pick fights.
Masvidal ? Sure Leon, BIG Challenge./s
Colby DESTROYED Masvidal, his sarcastic mouth will make sales jump.
Largest PPV cash is their goal.

Leon wants the money, cool, give it to him. He will tool both of those fools anyway.

Usman ruled over those two, and he beat Usman, twice in a row, convincingly.

Leon is the man right now.

Yeah, Colby needs to string together some wins before he's even part of the conversation.

Edit: isn't he about to be unranked due to inactivity, and can't even win 2 in a row? how in any sane reality is he under consideration? At least get a top 10 win and prove that you didn't retire.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Leon wants the money, cool, give it to him. He will tool both of those fools anyway.

Usman ruled over those two, and he beat Usman, twice in a row, convincingly.

Leon is the man right now.

Leon will be the man for about 2 seconds, Colby might beat him, Shavkat murders him, even old wonderboy fucks him up if they fight.

Usman has deteriorated, you could see he was not the same guy as a couple of years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back