Let's have a vote on Max/Volk

Who won?

• Total voters
I thought Max won 3 or even 4 of the rounds.

The only round Volk clearly won was 5.

Max clearly won both 1 and 2 with a knockdown in each.

I thought Max won 3.

I can see arguments for Volk winning 4 but I thought Max landed the heavier shots.

So IMO it was either
1, 2, 3 Holloway, or
1, 2, 3, 4 Holloway, or
3, 4, 5 Volk

Volk is a great fighter but I thought Max showed far more versatility, and he had Volk hurt multiple times.

Max 3-2, complete robbery.

We won. RESPEK to both. Claiming “ robbery “
is moronic and an insult to all the hard work Volk put. Could have gone either way.

These threads are always useless without demanding people score round by round, which is what counts.

Max IMO looked better overall, but Volk edged rounds 3, 4, 5

This fight was another in a long, long line of fights that show how the 10pt system sucks for MMA and why fights should be judged as a whole. MMA is the only sport that took it's scoring system from another sport in boxing.

Had it Max 1-2-3. The two most significant moments in the fight by far were both Max's: the knockdowns at the end of rounds 1 and 2. Volk didn't do any significant damage and never had Max in trouble. Do not like that decision.

Though 1-2 Max, 4-5 Volk and 3rd a toss up, not a robbery could have gone either way

The UFC really wants a champion form that part of the planet, and to my eyes Max 3-2 pretty clearly tbh. The takedowns showed Volk's desperation.

Close fight, but Max edged out the rounds he won, and Volk obviously got the rounds he won.

Two good guys, very entertaining scrap.

Max kicked his ass and was coasting the last round. Either way 49-46 is a terrible score for Volkanovski.

Coasting with his mouth wide open and giving up takedowns? Volk was landing some great strikes and it was better than any round max won.

Holloway clearly won 124
3rd was a toss up
5th had volk panicking for takedowns

Judges score Salikhov 30-27 which he clearly lost

Now Max become the victim too.

Max 1,2,3 (the stats of R3 easily give the round to Max)
Stats don’t matter and aren’t even available to judges. We really have to discard the idea that subjective striking stats are relevant to the decisions.

I had it 4-1 Max.

Volk won the last round and arguable the third.

Max won 1,2, and 4 pretty clean.

Back