Let's not forget that Tony Ferguson's still on the roster

He can job for certain matchups. That Paddy fight wasn't bad. He didn't take any damage. Tony is probably fine in terms of brain damage. He doesn't even spar. I think retirement might be worse for him because he will continue to do heavy drugs without a break.

Lol Guida isn't steamrolling anybody
Okay I shouldn’t say streamroll. Pitter patter strikes with takedown attempts to an easy 30-27 over Tony.

He has to pay the bills somehow. You guys gonna fetch his McDonalds application or pay his bills?
We are not talking about some small time fighter. Ferguson has earned millions in prize money alone. Add on that his sponsorships...etc he should be very well of. If he isn't another fight won't change that.

In the end it's his decision to fight on but money really shouldn't be the issue here.

Thought this was gonna be a "Y'all must've forgot" thread.

I thought Tony still had a believer left.

I want to see him keep fighting! Most people's brain wouldn't take anymore but he's got nothing to lose!

Give him one last legends fight against a fellow shot veteran. BJ Penn would be perfect. Pay him $100,000 a year to not fight elsewhere for maybe two years and he can do appearances for them. Two years removed and a record losing streak should stop other orgs from hiring him.

If Tony fights again for the UFC, let's hope he's not.... but if.
I mean there is not a single fighter on the roster I would favour him against, so let's go for the safest matchup who is at least somewhat of a "name". My vote would be Jordan Leavitt.

Jordan will probably only marginally decrease the lifespan of Tony.

Dana is just looking after the kid. Keeping him in the octagon keeps him out of a psychiatric facility.
I know you're joking but the UFC will actually take care of any injuries and there the PI he can train at for free and flights/hotels and such. So if he is gonna fight he's best off to do it in UFC those other orgs won't cover any costs and he will be fucked if he gets badly injured. imho

You guys are such pussys he’s a grown ass man if he wants to fight let him fight it’s his brain cells. Not to mention that Tony is completely nuts and that there is a good chance that he will never get another paycheck for the rest of his life after he is out of the ufc. If I was the manager at Burger King I wouldn’t hire him.

And this is coming from a guy who has rooted for Tony in almost every fight in his ufc career.

Most fighters don't retire unless the UFC kicks them out. I imagine they don't want to retire because they can't. (Money). The fight business is a vicious cycle

We are not talking about some small time fighter. Ferguson has earned millions in prize money alone. Add on that his sponsorships...etc he should be very well of. If he isn't another fight won't change that.

In the end it's his decision to fight on but money really shouldn't be the issue here.
I think a lot of fighters live beyond their means or have a lifestyle creep where they slowly get accustomed to luxuries than can only afford if they keep fighting. And then when they realize it’s not sustainable then they start saving and planning for their future in their later fights.
I’m not saying Tony is one of those guys, because honestly he doesn’t seem like it. But we don’t know his finances.

Sometimes one or two $100,000 - $500,000
fights can change your future prospects.

I think Nate Diaz is that kind of person and that’s why he keeps fighting

Give him Gaethge.

Ferguson vs Gaethge 2: This time it'll be different!

Back