Liberals Three Times More Likely Than Conservatives to 'Unfriend' on Social Media Over Politics

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
That's also a big thing that people aren't factoring in, the content.

If someone goes full retard with the pizzagate type shit, why should people be obliged to listen to it? That doesn't have anything to do with political views, but there's one side in particular that engages in it.

It's basically trolling and then getting upset because you got told to fuck off. When you break a certain threshold, i'm just tired of listening to your shit, family or not.
Right wing politics on social media are memes and conspiracy theories.

Study shows that liberals unfriend more than conservatives and the leftists around here are like "naaaah, can't be true".

Conservatives shutting down their facebook pages isn't the same thing at all and happens for different reasons. Most conservatives don't trust government and surveillance type entities. They value privacy more while cosmopolitan libtards beg the government to put more cameras up everywhere.
This is absolutely not true. There's a big section of conservatives who are yearning for a Trump like figure (or Trump himself) to establish mass control over society. Most people I've known that wanted more cameras and more draconian punishments have been conservatives.

In my personal experience conservatives are far more likely to be unfriended sheerly because they are the only ones posting politics on Facebook.

I think our sample sizes are too small.

I only see friends on the left posting politics.

- Geographically most of my old American friends are from the deep south/central United States so should be more to the right.

- Socially most of my friends are semi-intellectuals or designers and so should be more on the left.

The most important point though may be the third point.

- Almost everything they post about politics makes absolutely no sense because most casual observes of politics either A. are too busy in life to really understand how the system works B. are just trying to look like a big smarty pants to impress all their friends or mistresses.

Back