Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

You do realize that the vast majority of those who rely on EBT benefits are the working poor, do you not?
In fact, many employers like Wal-Mart actively encourage their employees to apply for benefits because they know that they don't provide a living wage. So, what would you suggest to those individuals who work full time ( or close to it ) but still can't afford to feed themselves & their families? Should they go hungry?

I suggest they not make life decisions that result in a Walmart job.

I am all for a social safety net, means tested, drug tested, and short term for able bodied adults.

I shouldn’t have to pay for some lazy asshole who made bad decisions all their life.

I just picture dropped shipments of MRE's in the middle of town.

No way they could deliver that plan efficiently while saving costs -- and they know it, hence why they are passing out the cost of that to local governments.

airdrop-deirezzor.gif

gettyimages-451798650_custom-ee212bcb44e9f2d26fb42d61393f532a5f99f398-s800-c85.jpg

This is brilliant strategy. Further humiliating the poorest is pure heroin for the Trumpster voters.

Forcing the poor to ride the bus or train to a pick up location and then carry their Scarlet Letter box home so their kids don't starve to death will fill Trump's base with glee and make them forget about the fact that there will never be a real border wall, tariff's on US companies manufacturing overseas or a Clinton prosecution.

Forcing the poor? I didn't know "the poor" are somehow second class citizens and they don't have the same opportunities to get go to school, get a job or start a business as the "rich people" do.

Sounds more like a way to punish the poor than to help people.

This fires up a certain part of the Republican base though, the "I only want to pay for Aircraft Carriers and Farm Subsidies!" crowd.

It's amazing when people support Trump administration policies. Nobody seems to ever ask how this administration, loaded with incompetents and corrupt businessmen, will actually implement their schemes. They always fall apart, and when they are implemented, it's a fuckin disaster, like that little child detainment trial run.

If you guys really care about helping hungry people and have a little extra to spare, this is a charity that I give to:

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/

I actually donate to my local food bank at a local church. All goes to helping the needy and is direct. I donate can goods and boxed foods in addition to cash to buy clothing. It likely works out to over 500 per year.

Ross the near billionaire and Lara the wife of a Trump telling people to get a loan and take a little pain A-Holes. Republican polestar trying to explain Ross reply she realized it was idiotic.

Last edited:
I suggest they not make life decisions that result in a Walmart job.

I am all for a social safety net, means tested, drug tested, and short term for able bodied adults.

I shouldn’t have to pay for some lazy asshole who made bad decisions all their life.

Benefits for those who qualify for cash assistance are capped at two years nationwide.
And, drug testing has been proven to cost taxpayers much more than not testing the individuals receiving benefits. Are you saying that you'd impose term limits on those that are working full time but still need EBT benefits in order to make ends meet? If so, then how do you feel about a nationwide overhaul of the minimum wage so that those working full time would no longer need assistance?

You do realize that the vast majority of those who rely on EBT benefits are the working poor, do you not?
In fact, many employers like Wal-Mart actively encourage their employees to apply for benefits because they know that they don't provide a living wage. So, what would you suggest to those individuals who work full time ( or close to it ) but still can't afford to feed themselves & their families? Should they go hungry?

Maybe they could eat their 1,000 dollar iPhones and 70" televisions.

It's amazing when people support Trump administration policies. Nobody seems to ever ask how this administration, loaded with incompetents and corrupt businessmen, will actually implement their schemes. They always fall apart, and when they are implemented, it's a fuckin disaster, like that little child detainment trial run.

You mean the child detainments that happened under Obama?

Blue Apron is not a bad company, I don't know why they are doing so bad. It isn't a bad idea in principle. It is mainly healthy food with instructions. I had an ex who volunteered to teach nutritious cooking to poor people. They need education and how to prepare healthy meals on a budget. Which is very hard to do with the current EBT system. 200 a month max for one person. and one kid doesnt make it 400. There is some kind of scaling. Basically, I have no idea how any family or even individual can survive on that much money for groceries a month.

Another problem is the lack of real grocery stores in the inner city. You see mostly corner stores. Big grocery has to be bribed to go in there. These inner city residents often don't have access to fresh and healthy foods like produce.

I don't see why it is funny. It couldn't be worse than the current system.

Blue Apron is fucking great. The only issue is the cost, which after I did the math, costs me 10 bucks a meal. Each meal is between 750-900 calories so if you are an athlete it ain't gonna cut it but for the average person it's actually on point, especially if you want to trim a few pounds. I trimmed a few inches off the waist after only 6 months.

As far as the taste goes, they do a good job of making balanced meals taste good. None of them are weekend BBQ quality, but they are balanced, which is key. Meat, a grain, and a good vegetable.

I'm trying to convince my bro to get it for his family. His wife literally can't cook so they eat like shit.

It's not only cost inefficient, it's destroys one of the very few places people of all social strata still intermingle; which has social costs we see every day.

Blue Apron only sends dinners, dum dum. You still need to grocery shop for milk, juice, eggs, bread, fruit, snacks, etc.

hello The ScorpioN,

i can see the pros and cons of it.

on one hand, i like the idea that if folks are to get a food subsidy, they are forced by the government to eat the food the government wants them to eat.

on the other hand, the italicized part bugs me.

- IGIT

No one is forced. Being a deadbeat is a choice.

I actually donate to my local food bank at a local church. All goes to helping the needy and is direct. I donate can goods and boxed foods in addition to cash to buy clothing. It likely works out to over 500 per year.
{<redford}

Why not feed them expired MREs? I'm sure the military needs to get rid of some crap they have in stock. Poor people would eat a lot better and they could potentially earn some money on Youtube doing reviews. Not to mention they would get their cigarettes for free. It's a win win situation!

That MRE review guy is funny he eats all minds of shit.

Back