Logan Paul vs KSI

Now for the next celeb boxing match i want michael jai white vs wesley snipes.

If you're an adult and you're genuinely invested in this shit show you are absolutely pathetic.

And he looked like a Youtuber with four months of training and a 30 lb size advantage. Competent against who? That was the furthest thing from competent. That's the furthest thing from a massive achievement. Lmao, you children act like this guy just won a golden gloves and is a natural boxer.
Do you understand the concept of relativity?

If a kid, who'd never used a stove before, made you scrambled eggs that ended up being your typical fucking scrambled eggs, would you say "No seasoning!!! They're not fluffy enough!! And no sides!?!? LOL you'd never make it as a chef."

That's basically what youre doing. No one's saying he looked like an all time great, theyre saying for a guy with minimal, and thats putting it mildly, boxing training he looked pretty good. And as for the fight, it was 2 beginners having an amateur bout. Why hate on it? Cause a bunch of people watched it? That's some dumb elitist shit. Like Shannon Briggs said, it brings eyes on boxing and people are having fun, so what's the issue?

I really enjoyed the event, though I can't say I recognized many of the people. All the competitors seemed like they'd taken training at least somewhat seriously and the fights were surprisingly entertaining. Combined that with the goofy atmosphere and commentary and I was getting some flashbacks to when I used to stay up late watching DREAM events live lol.

I had Logan winning 4-2 pretty clearly, but I wasn't exactly in analyst mode lol. Was a little underwhelmed by KSI's skill, as I assumed that he's be the more refined of the two but Logan's timing and smoothness were leaps and bounds better. Found it pretty interesting that both Paul's, despite having more musclebound physiques, leaned so heavily on their jabs and seemed pretty hesitant/anxious about throwing their right, a big issue I had as a beginner.

Thought both fights were good considering they are only amateurs with little experience. Thought the commentary was horribly bias in favor of Deji and KSI.

I actually believe that the whole organization was in favor of Deji and KSI. Just look also at the face to face interviews. The black interviewer is saying everything he can to make the Pauls incomfortable.

Do you understand the concept of relativity?

If a kid, who'd never used a stove before, made you scrambled eggs that ended up being your typical fucking scrambled eggs, would you say "No seasoning!!! They're not fluffy enough!! And no sides!?!? LOL you'd never make it as a chef."

That's basically what youre doing. No one's saying he looked like an all time great, theyre saying for a guy with minimal, and thats putting it mildly, boxing training he looked pretty good. And as for the fight, it was 2 beginners having an amateur bout. Why hate on it? Cause a bunch of people watched it? That's some dumb elitist shit. Like Shannon Briggs said, it brings eyes on boxing and people are having fun, so what's the issue?

I really enjoyed the event, though I can't say I recognized many of the people. All the competitors seemed like they'd taken training at least somewhat seriously and the fights were surprisingly entertaining. Combined that with the goofy atmosphere and commentary and I was getting some flashbacks to when I used to stay up late watching DREAM events live lol.

I had Logan winning 4-2 pretty clearly, but I wasn't exactly in analyst mode lol. Was a little underwhelmed by KSI's skill, as I assumed that he's be the more refined of the two but Logan's timing and smoothness were leaps and bounds better. Found it pretty interesting that both Paul's, despite having more musclebound physiques, leaned so heavily on their jabs and seemed pretty hesitant/anxious about throwing their right, a big issue I had as a beginner.

Seems like you're way too defensive over youtubers to me.

He looked like he should've looked. Whether that's a knock on him or not depends on his own intentions as a boxer. I can tell you that any boxer with pro potential would've looked better for certain, and anyone that's seen what true amateurs with potential can do in a gym can confirm that. I'm not knocking his skill as a youtuber, I'm knocking the people that are sitting here calling him a "natural" with a future career in boxing.

I also specifically said I don't care if people watched this event (I watched it), but I don't buy into the theory it doesn't do any harm to boxing when it's blatantly not true, so let's stop with that, please. And to be honest, I don't think anyone over 12 found this entertaining outside of the aspect of getting to see obnoxious youtubers knocked out. The fact that you're so giddy over it is pretty suspect, and pretty much tells me I'm not supposed to take anything you say over this subject seriously, because it's biased.

He looked like he should've looked. Whether that's a knock on him or not depends on his own intentions as a boxer. I can tell you that any boxer with pro potential would've looked better for certain, and anyone that's seen what true amateurs with potential can do in a gym can confirm that. I'm not knocking his skill as a youtuber, I'm knocking the people that are sitting here calling him a "natural" with a future career in boxing.

I also specifically said I don't care if people watched this event (I watched it), but I don't buy into the theory it doesn't do any harm to boxing when it's blatantly not true, so let's stop with that, please. And to be honest, I don't think anyone over 12 found this entertaining outside of the aspect of getting to see obnoxious youtubers knocked out. The fact that you're so giddy over it is pretty suspect, and pretty much tells me I'm not supposed to take anything you say over this subject seriously, because it's biased.
Some people have this love for social media, so if you bash on it then they get all weird.

What a fckin pile of shite. If people want to watch ami boxing they should do a local show, and will see far better fights than these pair of clowns put on
Anyone paying for this, or stumping up for the rematch is a mug

Lol not even. Ive been to MANY ammy shows and these guys are not that bad at all. Their cardio was tremendous all things considered.

i was very impressed with the paul brothers , the younger brother showed good distans and calmness but he was a little bit slow . the older brother was very impressive ,especially when you think on how short of time they have boxed . KSI had very good conditioning and toughness but that was about it with him.
the undercard is what normal fighters look like when they have only trained for a cuple of months , they did not look good at all :p. but they are new to boxing so i fully understand .

Lol not even. Ive been to MANY ammy shows and these guys are not that bad at all. Their cardio was tremendous all things considered.
I have to agree, I've seen plenty of amateurs who were much worse than this. The boxing on display considering that both were relative noobies were pretty damn good.

800k buys per meltzer. Pretty low imo considering the size of their followers and $10.00 ppv

800k buys per meltzer. Pretty low imo considering the size of their followers and $10.00 ppv

Millions watched it for free on twitch, huge lawsuit going to happen to twitch for not taking the streams down

So you don’t think the company will get sued? JustinTV (twitch original site) got sued by the ufc for that very reason.
They might get sued but nothing will come of it. Buff streams or whatever has existed for years with no repercussions

I'm getting defensive over shitting on fighter's (lol in this case let's just say competitors) skills in a hyperbolic manner. I have the same reaction when I see anyone who isn't top 5 in a division called a can. Just because someone isn't the best or even good doesnt mean they're shit, there's a gradient.

You really think the average person with a few months of training would look like that in their first fight? Come on lol no shit he doesnt have a future in boxing, doesnt mean you can't admit he looked better than expected. And who the fuck is saying he has a future in boxing lol it's a completely fair statement to say he has some natural talent, that ain't saying he's gonna be an olympic medalist.

If an amateur bout between 2 people with records of 1-0 and 0-0 damaged boxing, then an 0-0 fighter going against a 49-0 all time great must've absolutely killed the sport. Just like the world's premier mma organization signing a 0-0 fighter with zero athletic background killed mma. That's the shit I would argue hurts sports not an amateur bout between two guys with one fight between them.

Damn man you literally didnt refute or even address any of my points besides my completely subjective opinion that the card was entertaining. You're never gonna get on the harvard debate team with that shit lol and people were saying you had a future as an attorney lol what a joke. You went up against a guy with a 1/10 of your posts and a cat av lol you looked how you shoulda looked.

Damn man you literally didnt refute or even address any of my points besides my completely subjective opinion that the card was entertaining. You're never gonna get on the harvard debate team with that shit lol and people were saying you had a future as an attorney lol what a joke. You went up against a guy with a 1/10 of your posts and a cat av lol you looked how you shoulda looked.

What the fuck are you smoking?

I'm getting defensive over shitting on fighter's (lol in this case let's just say competitors) skills in a hyperbolic manner. I have the same reaction when I see anyone who isn't top 5 in a division called a can. Just because someone isn't the best or even good doesnt mean they're shit, there's a gradient.

You really think the average person with a few months of training would look like that in their first fight? Come on lol no shit he doesnt have a future in boxing, doesnt mean you can't admit he looked better than expected. And who the fuck is saying he has a future in boxing lol it's a completely fair statement to say he has some natural talent, that ain't saying he's gonna be an olympic medalist.

If an amateur bout between 2 people with records of 1-0 and 0-0 damaged boxing, then an 0-0 fighter going against a 49-0 all time great must've absolutely killed the sport. Just like the world's premier mma organization signing a 0-0 fighter with zero athletic background killed mma. That's the shit I would argue hurts sports not an amateur bout between two guys with one fight between them.

I'm not shitting on fighters, I'm shitting on youtubers, and I'm not even shitting on youtubers because I'm pointing out facts. Top 5 fighters aren't the only ones capable of receiving criticism.

I also never said he isn't better than the average person. The average person can't box. He's clearly a solid athlete. That doesn't make him a good boxer. He had half of a year of top notch training that normal kids don't get. He didn't look better than expected, because I know what good shit actually looks like, and that wasn't it. I'm not going to sit there and praise a guy just because I'm 8 and I like watching him on TV. The only reason I'm knocking the guy at all is because people are saying he's going to be a professional, and pointing out from what he showed - he isn't. Maybe you should read the rest of the thread before making blanket statements, but I'm sure that's not what you're concerned with. You're just concerned with defending a train wreck.

And celebrity fights don't kill boxing. What a ridiculous statement to make.

Millenials and teenagers knew how to watch the fight for free. That's why the number was low.

They should've just broadcast on yt for free and put ads all over the fight. That would've likely made them more money.

Back