Lol at the fake outrage for Lee's weight miss.

He missed weight by 1 pound? Ooh boo hoo who cares, as long as the fight is still on

<LikeReally5>

Wasn't it that you got half their purse if your opponent missed weight? What's this agreed upon 20% shit?

Wasn't it that you got half their purse if your opponent missed weight? What's this agreed upon 20% shit?
I thought it was always 30%. Whatever, it still sucks to take a hit like that. But, if thats what it takes to incentivize fighters to make weight I suppose I’m ok with it.

Wrestling is by far the best background for mma. Best athletes who has weight cutting down to a science. No one is as tenacious and as disciplined as a wrestler. Folkstyle!!!

if it's just one pound, why couldn't he make the weight?

missing weight is unprofessional, and should be heavily criticized. he had trouble vs tony, now he flat out missed it. there's no excuse for that.

It's only cause he talks a lot of shit, its a style of promotion. Gotta make the weight if you're gonna act all cocky

But if it's just one pound, why not let everyone fight 4-5 pounds over the weight limit? It's just 4-5 pounds...

Relax, he missed weight by 1 pound. Too bad he isn't a Sherdog darling like Yoel or Khabib lol.
Even more interesting, Brian Ortega takes PEDs and apologizes and all is well in fairyland. LOL

It seems like for one irrational reason or another, some fans choose to hate certain fighters, and soon as that fighter does something that they can legitimately point out as unprofessional, then they use that to rationalize their initial baseless hate. Initiating a cycle of confirmation bias against that fighter.

It seems like for one irrational reason or another

Not that you don't have a point, but I disagree with the word irrational here. It's perfectly rational to dislike a fighter who talks as much shit as Lee does. It's more irrational to like someone who behaves like that.

Personally I don't care much about it. Actually I almost missed it.

MMA fans in general just love to shit on their fighters. It's pathetic but it's the truth.

Those who talk trash and do stupid shit deserve some backlash. But in this day and age fighters get shit for getting injured which is really ridiculous.

Missing weight is unfortunate. But as long as the fight is still on and it's not for the title the fighter missing weight usually just harms himself.

He doesn't look like a big LW to me, he's shorter than most of them and doesn't look to be bigger in any of his fights. So it's a bit of a surprise to see him fail to make it.

It's still piss poor to miss weight though, whoever it is that does it.

It's probably the BBC adding the extra pound.

Not outraged about anything in the slightest.
I would suggest UFC force him up to welterweight. His fight with Ferguson was barely worth watching. You could see he was drained after 1 round. He might be the same again.
They'll probably give him 1 more chance. I was hoping he would beat Barboza since he could be a new title challenger soon but now I want Edson to take this.

Back