• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

"Loopholes" in your state gun laws

Is it easy to get you're class 3 licenses out here?

I personally don't have one so I can't say first hand how difficult it is. But the basic process is find a Class III dealer that can even sell one. Not all shops are class III. There are some forms you hav to fill out with the state. You will need to get yourself finger printed for the paperwork and I believe you will also have to get signed approval from the local Sheriffs dept or possibly the police Chief if yo live in a City.

There will be some fees involved with even applying. Right now I believe the app fee is around 2 or 3 hundred. That is non refundable even if you gt turned down. You get background checked and assuming you get approved your done. Also there will be a tax fee you will have to pay. i believe it is annually.

The best thing to do honestly is find a Gun shop that is a class III and just ask them. They will help you out becasue they want the sale.

Also if you are buying full auto it will have to be a pre 86 made firearm.

Last edited:
I personally don't have one so I can't say first hand how difficult it is. But the basic process is find a Class III dealer that can even sell one. Not all shops are class III. There are some forms you hav to fill out with the state. You will need to get yourself finger printed for the paperwork and I believe you will also have to get signed approval from the local Sheriffs dept or possibly the police Chief if yo live in a City.

There will be some fees involved with even applying. Right now I believe the app fee is around 2 or 3 hundred. That is non refundable even if you gt turned down. You get background checked and assuming you get approved your done. Also there will be a tax fee you will have to pay. i believe it is annually.

The best thing to do honestly is find a Gun shop that is a class III and just ask them. They will help you out becasue they want the sale.

Aren't class III firearms really expensive too?

I don't know why you guys say loopholes and lax

How about not fucking stupid

While I do like th fact that I can own a firearm . I personally think it is a pretty lax attitude that in a lot of states there is no regulation on person to person sales.

I mean I have to at least register a car if I buy it a person.

Its a gun not a lawn mower.

...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

While I do like th fact that I can own a firearm . I personally think it is a pretty lax attitude that in a lot of states there is no regulation on person to person sales.

...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No one said infringed. But really. I can just sell what ever to who ever with no trail or accountability.

This isn't the 1700's and we are not talking about the rifle/musket we would use to feed and protect ourselves with on a daily basis.

I know, I know. What if aliens or zombies attacked and because the government made me do some paperwork to buy a gun from neighbor I don't have it, and thats why I couldn't save the planet.

You register a car to drive it on the road. You can sell a car person to person all you want with no regulation if you don't go on a public road.

You register a car to drive it on the road. You can sell a car person to person all you want with no regulation if you don't go on a public road.

Look I know you can rationalize anything you want if you try hard enough. Watch me do it.

No one buys a car to never drive because they are afraid of letting the gonvernment know they own a car.

Its just my opinion. And I know 2nd amendement lovers really like to dig there heels in on the governement knowing what guns are out there. I personally don't get freaked out over the government knowing that I own a firearm( or more than one because I do own more than one). I almost exclusively buy from dealers and not from random people just so I can have at least some peace of mind that I'm not buying some gun that has been passed through ten diferent people and been used for who knows what. I just choose to not help fund a grey market for firearms. Is it full proof that no gun sold in a licensed FFL has never been used in an illict adventure. No. But it is better than buying one from the dodgy guy down the street that is willing to sell me a dirt cheap AK because he needs fast cash and he knows there is no trackability involved in the sale.

Do you need to have your gun registration(s) with you if you go to a shooting range/gallery?

Look I know you can rationalize anything you want if you try hard enough. Watch me do it.

No one buys a car to never drive because they are afraid of letting the gonvernment know they own a car.

Its just my opinion. And I know 2nd amendement lovers really like to dig there heels in on the governement knowing what guns are out there. I personally don't get freaked out over the government knowing that I own a firearm( or more than one because I do own more than one). I almost exclusively buy from dealers and not from random people just so I can have at least some peace of mind that I'm not buying some gun that has been passed through ten diferent people and been used for who knows what. I just choose to not help fund a grey market for firearms. Is it full proof that no gun sold in a licensed FFL has never been used in an illict adventure. No. But it is better than buying one from the dodgy guy down the street that is willing to sell me a dirt cheap AK because he needs fast cash and he knows there is no trackability involved in the sale.

Do you have a brand new car, if not it could have ran someone over
Do you have any tools, someone may have been beat to death with your hammer
I bet someone died in your house
Do you eat fast food, it kills all kinds of people

I have mixed feelings about person to person firearm sale regulation. I don't necessarily think it's the best policy, but I tend to believe that criminals selling firearms are going to be able to do so whether or not it is within the confines of the law. I would also rather err on the side of freedom, than err on the side of reducing it. I also don't think cars should have to be registered by the state. I will admit I do not like the idea of unregulated fully automatic firearm sales.

No one said infringed. But really. I can just sell what ever to who ever with no trail or accountability.

This isn't the 1700's and we are not talking about the rifle/musket we would use to feed and protect ourselves with on a daily basis.

I know, I know. What if aliens or zombies attacked and because the government made me do some paperwork to buy a gun from neighbor I don't have it, and thats why I couldn't save the planet.

To address the first part of your post, I don't think it's the government's business to regulate private sales of lawful property from one citizen to another. Expansion of government bureaucracy and power is usually not a good thing, no matter how well intentioned it is.

As far as the bolded part: many Americans hunt as a major food source. A large number of Americans also use their guns to defend themselves and/or stop crimes (up to 2 million a year according to one study). So while feeding and defending yourself with a firearm might not be a reality to you, it is for a large amount of people in this country.

It's despicable that self sufficiency is actually looked down on by some people in this time. I suppose you suggest we all rely on giant corporations with "just in time" production/supply methods to give us the most essential things necessary for life: food and water. Never mind that one natural disaster or other emergency cuts that all off.

Do you have a brand new car, if not it could have ran someone over
Do you have any tools, someone may have been beat to death with your hammer
I bet someone died in your house
Do you eat fast food, it kills all kinds of people

See this is the kind extremist view of gun control thought is where I leave the pack of gun owners. I love my guns. The fact I have a safe full of them and the dent I let it put in my paycheck is an a testament to that.

But trying to compare a hammer used in building my house or the cheesburger I ate for dinner as anywhere near on the same level of a gun is just arguing to beat your chest and say how right you are.

I just don't see why it has to be an all or nothing topic. Why can't there be some regulation? What is so evil about there being at least some kind of trail that can be used to at least track a guns lawful ownership path through law abiding people. Will it stop gun violence. Absolutely not. But why is having that tool such a bad thing.

I have mixed feelings about person to person firearm sale regulation. I don't necessarily think it's the best policy, but I tend to believe that criminals selling firearms are going to be able to do so whether or not it is within the confines of the law. I would also rather err on the side of freedom, than err on the side of reducing it. I also don't think cars should have to be registered by the state. I will admit I do not like the idea of unregulated fully automatic firearm sales.

To address the first part of your post, I don't think it's the government's business to regulate private sales of lawful property from one citizen to another. Expansion of government bureaucracy and power is usually not a good thing, no matter how well intentioned it is.

As far as the bolded part: many Americans hunt as a major food source. A large number of Americans also use their guns to defend themselves and/or stop crimes (up to 2 million a year according to one study). So while feeding and defending yourself with a firearm might not be a reality to you, it is for a large amount of people in this country.

It's despicable that self sufficiency is actually looked down on by some people in this time. I suppose you suggest we all rely on giant corporations with "just in time" production/supply methods to give us the most essential things necessary for life: food and water. Never mind that one natural disaster or other emergency cuts that all off.

I am on the same thought lines as some of the first part of your post. I just miss the all or nothing attitude. How is having a piece of paper that shows the ownership losing my freedom to own a firearm. I never said I wanted to outlaw them or restrict them. I just said that there being no regulation for a person to person sale to me is a pretty "laxed" rule. The rule being there is no rule.

As far as the bolded part you mentioned, I agree with your point as it would pertain to long guns. But I don't know anyone that hunts with a 9mm pistol.

Why is it such an evil thing for the government to be able to at least track and see where the guns are leaving the lawful owners community and entering the criminal world.

Am I saying I want to turn over my guns to the state and go get a sling shot for self defense, Hell no. But the established gun rights groups lose me when they go all out and want to have no regulation whatsoever like it actually was the 1700's and the British could pop up off the coast in a moments notice to take back the colonies.

I am on the same thought lines as some of the first part of your post. I just miss the all or nothing attitude. How is having a piece of paper that shows the ownership losing my freedom to own a firearm. I never said I wanted to outlaw them or restrict them. I just said that there being no regulation for a person to person sale to me is a pretty "laxed" rule. The rule being there is no rule.

As far as the bolded part you mentioned, I agree with your point as it would pertain to long guns. But I don't know anyone that hunts with a 9mm pistol.

Why is it such an evil thing for the government to be able to at least track and see where the guns are leaving the lawful owners community and entering the criminal world.

Am I saying I want to turn over my guns to the state and go get a sling shot for self defense, Hell no. But the established gun rights groups lose me when they go all out and want to have no regulation whatsoever like it actually was the 1700's and the British could pop up off the coast in a moments notice to take back the colonies.

You might change your tune now that the senate passed the indefinite detention bill. The government could easily go down the ATF registry and mark anyone with assault type firearms as suspected terrorists and you're off to G Bay, no trial no release. Another cool thing anout OK is you don't have to register any gun that's not NFA. I own over 50 and only the stores I bought them at have records of it. I fillef out 4473s but the ATF doesn't get copies, they can only view tje store's records to make sure all sales were legal, no straw purchases.

^^^Wow, lots of typos. I gotta get a laptop for home. But yeah, happy day, SMEAC and I finally agree on something. Lol

I saw a pretty nice M4 on gunbroker in my area, would i need a class 3 for that?

I saw a pretty nice M4 on gunbroker in my area, would i need a class 3 for that?

If its full auto yes you will have to have a class 3.

If it is a short barelled 14.5 then also yes. But if it is a 14.5 with a permanently attached flash supporesor that extends the lenght to 16 then no you don't need a Class III. But it has to be permanently attached. Just a pinned(which most are) flash suppressor doesn't count, because it could be removed.

Now just because gun broker said it was a M4 doesn't mean its a true M4. I see alot of people sell "M4 style" rifles just to get people interested. When in fact its just a 16 inch with a collapsable stock.

As I understand it short barrelled (under 16 inches) only can go to military or LEO. Unless you go through and get a Class III. Same as full auto and I believe for a sound suppressor.

Last edited:

Registration leads to confiscation.

You're not freaked out about your government taking your guns away because you have a government that, by and large, doesn't want to take your guns away (relatively speaking)...yet.

Try living in part of the Commonwealth, where registration does, historically and factually, lead to confiscation. Thank Chirst we in Canada are turning back the clock on that bullshit and getting rid of our Long Gun Registry in the very, very near future.

P.S. "Happy" Grave Dancing Day Canada, the opportunistic exploitation of a 22 year old tragedy will be seen for what it is, and will have no effect on Bill C-19, which is the first step to regaining some of our lost freedoms.

Back