Deadlift MG
135lbs: 1x5
225lbs: 1x3
275lbs: 1x1
285lbs: 1x1
295lbs: failed rep
-belt-
295lbs: 1x1
-That max was enough to make me motivated, I need to look through my log and figure out where I used to be. It's time to get crackin on these.

Bench
140lbs: 3x5, 2x4
-Going to have to find somone so I can figure out my max on this. Gym was pretty empty tonight.

Squat
135lbs: 1x5
155lbs: 5x5
-My hip was tight from the deadlifts, took it easy today.

Pull Ups
BW: 10, 7, 5

SOHP
70lbs: 3x8

I feel like you worked up to 335 for some singles at one time. Definitely 315. In that dashing green belt o' yours. :redface:

I feel like you worked up to 335 for some singles at one time. Definitely 315. In that dashing green belt o' yours. :redface:

Yeah I feel like it may have been around there. My deadlifting last week was a very sad day, but at least I am back at it I guess. How have you been guy?

3 mile jog (soft j). Felt pretty good, going to try to do this a couple days a week.

AW FUCK. I just accidentally a refreshed a long response. Cliff's notes: I'm moving to a swank new place, close to becoming NSCA certified as a trainer, and my guns are getting joocey again. Are you still engaged? Married yet? Am I invited? Anyway, training is going pretty decent right now. Maaayybe on the verge of some decent PRs, we'll see. I'll try to update my most recent training log on here for ya.

AW FUCK. I just accidentally a refreshed a long response. Cliff's notes: I'm moving to a swank new place, close to becoming NSCA certified as a trainer, and my guns are getting joocey again. Are you still engaged? Married yet? Am I invited? Anyway, training is going pretty decent right now. Maaayybe on the verge of some decent PRs, we'll see. I'll try to update my most recent training log on here for ya.

That's cool, I don't know much about NSCA certifications, what is it like? Ah, still sneaking in the curls? I don't log mine honestly, but I do them when I have a good elbow day. Still engaged, the coundown has begun though. I have less than a year until M-Day. You're more than welcome to crash it, have you been back to around these parts recently? Nice, have you done any meets lately? How is the shoulder doin? Sounds good I'll look around for it.

NSCA is supposed to be the boss hog cert for trainers. That's the association that provides the CSCS cert for strength and conditioning coaches. Most gyms look for it, but I'll probably work freelance for a while.

No curls to speak of, but my weighted pull-ups are finally closing in on 300# total weight, which I'm stoked about. And those are the best for gunz. No meets lately, but I may try to sneak in a comp at 205 (I think some orgs have a 205 division now), by the end of the year. Shoulder is off and on, but I got some bands finally, and band face pulls/shoulder traction seems to have really worked for it. I've had some decent heavy bench sessions recently with no pain. Weirdly, my squats today really killed it, though.

I have been back through town, just for a second, to see my dad and then drive down to Disney World for my birthday last month. If I head back over the summer, I'll give you a shout. Maybe I'll have a better jerk (I set a 300# OH goal for myself this year, but haven't even started training for it yet, lol) and we can strut into Coffee's like we're hot shit, just jerking everything in sight.

...no homo. What month is your wedding? I won't crash it (unless you want me to). I don't do well around polite company, lol.

NSCA is supposed to be the boss hog cert for trainers. That's the association that provides the CSCS cert for strength and conditioning coaches. Most gyms look for it, but I'll probably work freelance for a while.

No curls to speak of, but my weighted pull-ups are finally closing in on 300# total weight, which I'm stoked about. And those are the best for gunz. No meets lately, but I may try to sneak in a comp at 205 (I think some orgs have a 205 division now), by the end of the year. Shoulder is off and on, but I got some bands finally, and band face pulls/shoulder traction seems to have really worked for it. I've had some decent heavy bench sessions recently with no pain. Weirdly, my squats today really killed it, though.

I have been back through town, just for a second, to see my dad and then drive down to Disney World for my birthday last month. If I head back over the summer, I'll give you a shout. Maybe I'll have a better jerk (I set a 300# OH goal for myself this year, but haven't even started training for it yet, lol) and we can strut into Coffee's like we're hot shit, just jerking everything in sight.

...no homo. What month is your wedding? I won't crash it (unless you want me to). I don't do well around polite company, lol.

Seems like you are in the right place to be a trainer, CO has a lot of good athletes training there. Oh uhhh me either, totally joking, yeah... curls pshhh. Nice, glad to hear that injury is starting to be less trouble. Squats actually make my elbow sore, funny that it makes your shoulder hurt as well. I squat highbar, trying to figure out if it's my hand placement or something. Happy Birthday, how was Disney? Yeah I don't know if I could show my face there, they gave me a lot of free lessons thinking I would be competing eventually... but I went to Ireland and came back focusing on BJJ for a while instead. My wedding is going to be next March, so it's still pretty much a year from now (just slightly under). That would be cool if you came, just don't go nuts on the open bar broseph. That's one thing I'm looking forward to doing, gotta make sure we got some good beer at this shindig.

Don't worry. For a bro, I'll pregame hard. The open bar will barely know I was there. I've heard that wide hand placement can help elbow soreness on squats. I go highbar, too. If you have the cash and a gym that would let you use it/keep it there, maybe a safety squat bar would help. I'm considering one.

And thanks, the bday was pretty great. I stuffed my fat piggy little face and drank good wine and rode rides. Pretty solid bday.

Your situation with Coffee's sounds like mine with Alliance, lol. I signed up once, then cancelled early because I left for school. Then I signed up again, and decided it wore me out too much for lifting, so I just stopped showing up. I'm such a shit. :icon_chee

Although...I did hear tell that they're opening a school in CO. Ohhh yeeeeeah!

Don't worry. For a bro, I'll pregame hard. The open bar will barely know I was there. I've heard that wide hand placement can help elbow soreness on squats. I go highbar, too. If you have the cash and a gym that would let you use it/keep it there, maybe a safety squat bar would help. I'm considering one.

And thanks, the bday was pretty great. I stuffed my fat piggy little face and drank good wine and rode rides. Pretty solid bday.

Your situation with Coffee's sounds like mine with Alliance, lol. I signed up once, then cancelled early because I left for school. Then I signed up again, and decided it wore me out too much for lifting, so I just stopped showing up. I'm such a shit. :icon_chee

Although...I did hear tell that they're opening a school in CO. Ohhh yeeeeeah!

I tried widening my grip a little these past few days, not sure if I can tell the difference yet. May have to move my grip out a little more or try to warm up my elbows before squatting. I don't think you can ask for much more than that on a birthday. I remember I did something like that when I first started training, it kept me from getting some stripes on the ol' belt for quite a while even when I was still progressing from studying BJJ in my spare time. Man do I want to get back to training, I have been studying the darce for fun lately. I'm trying to make it one of my go-to moves, it's what I was working on when I got my knee injury and had more time (man I feel like tito with all these excuses). I wonder if the CO one will be cheaper than the ATL alliance?

Ok time to update the log, I have been a lazy bastard and just keeping a written version in my gym bag.

4/3/12

Squat
BW: 1x10, 155lbs: 1x5, 195lbs: 5x5

SOHP
Bar: 1x10, 75lbs: 5x5

BORs
135lbs: 5x5

Pull Ups
BW: 8, 7, 5

4/9/12

Deadlift
135lbs: 1x10, 225lbs: 5x3

Bench
140lbs: 5x5

SQUAT
135lbs: 1x5, 165lbs: 5x5

Pull Ups
BW: 9, 7, 6

4/11/12 (today)

Squat
Bar: 1x10, 135lbs: 1x5, 195lbs: 5x5

SOHP
Bar: 1x10, 80lbs: 5x5

BORs
135lbs: 5x5

Pull Ups
BW: 9, 7, 6

Dips
BW: 3x10

I need to add a rear delt exercise in here, I have a fairly visible muscle imbalance going on because of bench over the years.

Face pulls. Do them.

Done, I think I'm going to do...

SQUAT 5x5
SOHP 5x5
BORs 5x5
Pull ups 3x10 (if I can get that many)
Dips 3x10ish

Deadlifts 3x3
Bench 5x5
Squat 5x5
Pull Ups 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10

That's a pretty volume-tastic split. I'd throw in face pulls both days, though. I almost never go a gym session without doing face pulls.

That's a pretty volume-tastic split. I'd throw in face pulls both days, though. I almost never go a gym session without doing face pulls.

I feel as if my form is lacking on many of these lifts so I like the higher volume for extra practice. Starting to feel good about squats, I have got all my weight on my heels now. I am not sure if I'm supposed to try to stop my knees from going inward slightly out of the hole though. The BORs are starting to come together and I am starting to suspect that my form on SOHP is good, but I need to try to keep my intensity up on them. I think the reason my SOHP hasn't improved at all is mostly due to me not giving enough effort into the press right off of the chest. Alright I'll throw the face pulls in on both days. How is your exploded back doing?

3x10 of pull ups huh? Man I need to do those...

I feel as if my form is lacking on many of these lifts so I like the higher volume for extra practice. Starting to feel good about squats, I have got all my weight on my heels now. I am not sure if I'm supposed to try to stop my knees from going inward slightly out of the hole though. The BORs are starting to come together and I am starting to suspect that my form on SOHP is good, but I need to try to keep my intensity up on them. I think the reason my SOHP hasn't improved at all is mostly due to me not giving enough effort into the press right off of the chest. Alright I'll throw the face pulls in on both days. How is your exploded back doing?

Yeah, I'm not going to trash talk the volume. I feel like high volume is great for drilling form and getting a base for work capacity at higher intensities.

Exploding off the shoulders is important for press, but, at least for me, I need the perfect balance between volume and intensity. My very best press progress was using Hepburn triples. If I go too heavy for more than a week or two, I can expect back tracking. You probably don't have to worry about that, though.

My back is doing really well at the moment *knock on wood*. I just got 525x2 on the trap bar deadlift today, and things feel intact, so I'm stoked. Hartzell stretches are the bomb.

Well let’s give this another go folks. The most consistent and best shape ever had was by using this training log. It’s been 10 long years or so. Finished grad school, work full time, have a family now. New goals will be to lose some weight, try to get to a point where I can rep 225 on bench. My back ain’t what it used to be so I’m going to go easy on the squats and the deadlifts. I don’t know how I pull this off, but I do BJJ 2x nights a week again. Going to include my rolling reports in here also. Glad to be back folks.

Current BW: 160lbs
Bench 3x5: 155lbs
BORs 5x5: 115lbs
Deadlift 1x10: 115lbs
OHP: 3x15: 45lbs
Curls
BW squats: 20 reps
Some stretching

I’m learning BORs, so I’m just building up to these. For deadlifts taking it reallll easy. I’ve thrown out my back several times over the past couple years. Ended up in the ER at one point couldn’t even walk I was in so much pain. So anyway that’s my reasoning. I’m planning on doing lots of bench and BORs. Need to get some barbell squats going too.

Rolling Log 10/2:

We did some takedowns today to start with drilling and 3 different counters if people resist. Then for rolling we did ‘fight simulations’ and nogi. In these situations you wear mma gloves and throw super light strikes to give your opponent an idea of how they could be vulnerable to strikes. My best sequence I had was an omoplata from guard, opponent rolls out of it, I then re-roll myself forcing the guy back into an omoplata, then he flips and I hit an armbar. I too got caught in an armbar. This guy caught me in an armbar last week too. I think it was a similar situation where I’m escaping a back take and he locked it in. I have some homework to do or studying armbar escapes. Another issue I have been having lately is I can mount people, but when they stall and glue their arms to their chest I don’t get much offense going. My plan is to develop the collar chokes in those situations. I just don’t care for collar chokes very much.

Back