Luxury cars getting destroyed by American trucks

This trend will crash when Gas goes back up to 4-5$ a gallon.

Who the hell wants to actually drive a truck? I mean, it's one thing if you work in an industry where it's useful or you're a handyman. But as a commuter or family vehicle?

If I'm paying that much money I'm getting something that's actually enjoyable to drive. If I'm getting a truck it would be used, one I'm not worried about damaging.

My last 4 vehicles have been SUVs and I’m never buying a car again.

More comfortable, sitting higher, amd I actually spend a lot of time on gravel and dirt roads to go fishing and hiking in more remote spots.

Currently driving a 2017 Toyota Highlander and it is a really nice vehicle.
sorry bud, that's a unibody crossover. This is for body on frame REAL TRUCKS AND SUV's only.

I’m one of these exact cases. We were test driving the new 2017 E class Mercedes last year, down to pricing out different option packages when we just said “fuck it” and got an F150 Limited instead.

It’s nowhere near as refined as the Benz but it’s got way more pussy shit for options than you’d ever expect (or need) on a truck. And it’s a truck, not a phagot little sedan.

I’m one of these exact cases. We were test driving the new 2017 E class Mercedes last year, down to pricing out different option packages when we just said “fuck it” and got an F150 Limited instead.

It’s nowhere near as refined as the Benz but it’s got way more pussy shit for options than you’d ever expect (or need) on a truck. And it’s a truck, not a phagot little sedan.
way better resale value too
<{Heymansnicker}>

I'm suprised they aren't more popular here. Tradies all have UTES

it’s a truck, not a phagot little sedan.
RG0BS1U.gif

“ More Prestige” good goals for life...we are doomed..

Whatever floats your boat.

When I read this thread, though, it makes me think of guys that now not only need a truck to feel masculine, they want to drop 80k to now feel luxurious too.

I’m sorry but there is no way in hell I’m buying this narrative that a Raptor is more prestigious than a Porsche.

If I’m dropping 80k and I want fun and prestigious, I’m getting a Porsche without a thought. If I need a truck then I’m getting a truck regardless of prestige or price.

When I read this thread, though, it makes me think of guys that now not only need a truck to feel masculine, they want to drop 80k to now feel luxurious too.

I’m sorry but there is no way in hell I’m buying this narrative that a Raptor is more prestigious than a Porsche.

If I’m dropping 80k and I want fun and prestigious, I’m getting a Porsche without a thought. If I need a truck then I’m getting a truck regardless of prestige or price.
If by Porsche you mean a 911 (and its variants) then obviously it isn't- everyone recognizes that is the pinnacle of engineering. But compared to plebian German crossovers and sedans then luxury trucks destroy them in both prestige and luxury.

If by Porsche you mean a 911 (and its variants) then obviously it isn't- everyone recognizes that is the pinnacle of engineering. But compared to plebian German crossovers and sedans then luxury trucks destroy them in both prestige and luxury.

I used the same 80k budget the man in the article had. You can get a Cayman Chrono package for 80 and it will be must more prestigious than a Raptor or Denali.

To each their own. If you need a truck then you can get one without compromising much tech or luxury. For me personally, though, I would not trade my BMW for any truck within it’s price range.

Guy is a state trooper and buys an 80k truck? I guess Michigan state troopers make more than NC troopers.

I don't understand why the raptor is a F150. Why not start with a F350?

Or is it because none of the suspension is stock anyways, and it can't haul 1 ton?

I used the same 80k budget the man in the article had. You can get a Cayman Chrono package for 80 and it will be must more prestigious than a Raptor or Denali.

To each their own. If you need a truck then you can get one without compromising much tech or luxury. For me personally, though, I would not trade my BMW for any truck within it’s price range.
{<huh}
from the article:
When Lee Victorian was looking for an upscale car to complement his wife’s BMW last year, he was leaning toward an Audi A6 — a sedan whose acceleration, refinement and dazzling array of advanced technologies, like automatic braking and radar-based cruise control, he found alluring.
“Man, this truck is so slick,” Mr. Victorian said. “I stop at a light and people give me the thumbs up and take pictures of it. The truck is the celebrity.”

You can option an A6/S6 to 80k, but would it get any attention? This guy wanted admirers by the looks of it and the Raptor commands it. Literally no one notices an Audi.
Even here where I live where Raptors are common- they STILL get tons of fanboys honking and taking photos. It is this era's universally beloved muscle car. If you havent seen this then you aren't paying attention. America loves the fuck outta Raptors more than any BMW. Or any 'stang/Camaro for that matter.

The only other cars I see get this kind of love and attention are McLarens and Lambos.

More-Luxury-Buyers-Ditch-the-Imports-and-Pick-Up-a-Truck-The-New-York-Times-2018-11-17-19-33-59.png

More Luxury Buyers Ditch the Imports and Pick Up a Truck
merlin_133871898_68f70028-e776-4d29-8755-b92b7a9361e5-superJumbo.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/automobiles/wheels/luxury-trucks-suv.html

lol The Germans are getting destroyed by American trucks because customers are realizing these new land barges are more luxurious than a similarly priced offering from BMW or Mercedes. And the landscape has changed enough that something like a Denali or Raptor holds more prestige than an X5 or E class sedan. Body-on-frame cars dominating the marketplace. There's going to be a lot of pain when gas prices rise again.

Timing of this thread is weird.. I just picked up a fully loaded Dodge Ram (Big Horn). It’s insane how nice it is.

That said, American trucks have dominated sales over everything for a looong time.

Timing of this thread is weird.. I just picked up a fully loaded Dodge Ram (Big Horn). It’s insane how nice it is.

That said, American trucks have dominated sales over everything for a looong time.
no, they dominated mass consumer sales but their supremacy against luxury cars is a new phenomenon. The higher trim level trucks are battling it out against the Germans and smashing them at the same price points. This is what's shocking the industry. Now they are all rushing to fill this new demand by planning even more expensive trucks.

Back