Manny Pacquiao had a heart issue right before Matthysse fight had catheter inserted in heart

That is fucking insane.

Irritable people and people who like to get angry and fight usually have horrible gut microbiome, once they clean up their diet you begin to see a change, they start smiling more, they are no longer ashamed, more happy and willing to be goofy and not care and many times these guys start becoming more attractive to women and its due to the positive aura and lifestyle change the present.

Whether it's attributed to me cleaning up my diet or not, I've noticed a lot of these changes within myself. I've always had a bit of a fun loving side to me around the house, but nowadays 90% of what I say to my wife and son is said with the sole intention of getting them to smile or laugh. I've basically turned into a complete goofball who mostly makes fun of myself with them. Probably annoys the hell out of them at times, but hey. Doing simple things like going out to a restaurant or going to the beach is much easier for me. I've done both of those things with my wife within the last few days and both were my idea. A few years ago my anxiety made me really reluctant to do things like that, and when I did do them it was always my wife's idea. I only went along for her sake when she could get me to agree, but I always wanted to get them over and done with as soon as possible. Nowadays it was my wife telling me that it's time to go home from the beach. But yeah, you're speaking a lot of truth here, TW. At least from what I've experienced the last year or two. I'm a much happier/goofier person around the house. Much more open to being in public places. My attitude has changed a lot when it comes to things that really aren't worth worrying about. And of course, the stares from the women around town feels good to. Okay that last part is a lie. Maybe if I shaved off this "I don't care" lazy grey beard of mine then I'd get a look every now and then. But most of what you said is true with me.

Cheers man. Yeah, we do get free health care up here. Thankfully. It would suck shit if a decision between living and dying came down to how much money you have in your bank account. I had no excuse for not calling for help besides maybe some denial as to what was happening and that stubborn macho bullshit that you talked about earlier in the thread. I had only been to the doctor once from the time I was a kid til my heart attack, and that was forced upon me by my boss at work. I fell at work one day (10 feet or so off a scaffold), landed on my side on a pile of 2x4`s and thought I only knocked the wind out of myself. I kept working for three more days, but my boss saw that I was struggling, so he forced me to get checked out for the company`s own protection I`m assuming. Broken ribs is what I had. If the decision was left up to me I would have taken the weekend to rest up and try again on Monday. Or I would have taken the financial hit with some additional days off if I needed them. But because the decision was made by someone else for me I got at least 6 weeks off with injury insurance pay and then it was back to work. Like you said, a lot of us men avoid the doctor like it`s a badge of honour as far as our toughness goes. It certainly has been for me.
ya, i had broken ribs, skipped the doctor, i frustrated the man you see in my av, he couldn't take it and hit me with two shots in the ribs, breaking 3 if i remember right and no, i didn't go to the hospital and actually continued training with the broken ribs. I've gotten injured on the job one time, of course, in america, they'll freak if something like that happens, the company made me sign a bunch of waivers and everything. right now i have a knee injury i got on a job, i am actually kind of afraid to find out it might need surgery or something but it's not right. I can only thank god that I was skeptical enough of the mma folks that i did limited work with them, i'd be a wreck just like they are, and broke like many of them are.

ya, i had broken ribs, skipped the doctor, i frustrated the man you see in my av, he couldn't take it and hit me with two shots in the ribs, breaking 3 if i remember right and no, i didn't go to the hospital and actually continued training with the broken ribs. I've gotten injured on the job one time, of course, in america, they'll freak if something like that happens, the company made me sign a bunch of waivers and everything. right now i have a knee injury i got on a job, i am actually kind of afraid to find out it might need surgery or something but it's not right. I can only thank god that I was skeptical enough of the mma folks that i did limited work with them, i'd be a wreck just like they are, and broke like many of them are.

Moz, if you're pissing off a guy like Mo then my guess is that you probably deserved those broken ribs. Haha. Nah, I don't know. But Mo did have a reputation for being one of the nicest and coolest guys around in the game back in the day.

Growing old sucks doesn't it? Guys like us can't "tough it out" like we were able to 20, 30 years ago. We probably should get things checked out now at our age since we're only asking for worse problems another 20 years from now. If we even make it that far.

Moz, if you're pissing off a guy like Mo then my guess is that you probably deserved those broken ribs. Haha. Nah, I don't know. But Mo did have a reputation for being one of the nicest and coolest guys around in the game back in the day.

Growing old sucks doesn't it? Guys like us can't "tough it out" like we were able to 20, 30 years ago. We probably should get things checked out now at our age since we're only asking for worse problems another 20 years from now. If we even make it that far.
nah, mo is a super nice guy, nice to a fault but i was making him look bad, wasn't hitting him at all, just making him miss and countering, the mma guys just couldn't work together like boxers could. I'm really not sure why he did it, my best guess is as i said, i was making him look bad, it wasn't because i was hitting him, just showing him that i could. every time i worked with those guys they'd do that kind of thing so i stopped, i did however tell him when he said i was being competitive "if I was competing, you'd be on the floor" and i meant it. Also, i never pegged Mo as i guy who would go full retard like that with anyone, that's why i wanted to work with him, fight under him too. That was surprising that he ended up pulling the same stuff the beginners did.

getting old does suck but as i mentioned, compared to some people i'm truly blessed, lots of guys my age have undergone several surgery's, hip replacements, my biggest worry is my weight and my energy level and drive, i've sacrificed everything between music and martial arts and I never cashed in, most guys my age can afford to coast, i'm gonna have to figure out something because i'm broke. I'm gonna have to do it soon because i'm worried about getting older, truly worried and i can't count on music ever bringing money and of course martial arts was never really a consideration for money, even though most of the guys I know ended up opening gyms or becoming trainers. I never wanted to unless i could do it well and right, which most of those guys probably don't.

Last edited:
nah, mo is a super nice guy, nice to a fault but i was making him look bad, wasn't hitting him at all, just making him miss and countering, the mma guys just couldn't work together like boxers could. I'm really not sure why he did it, my best guess is as i said, i was making him look bad, it wasn't because i was hitting him, just showing him that i could. every time i worked with those guys they'd do that kind of thing so i stopped, i did however tell him when he said i was being competitive "if I was competing, you'd be on the floor" and i meant it. Also, i never pegged Mo as i guy who would go full retard like that with anyone, that's why i wanted to work with him, fight under him too. That was surprising that he ended up pulling the same stuff the beginners did.

getting old does suck but as i mentioned, compared to some people i'm truly blessed, lots of guys my age have undergone several surgery's, hip replacements, my biggest worry is my weight and my energy level and drive, i've sacrificed everything between music and martial arts and I never cashed in, most guys my age can afford to coast, i'm gonna have to figure out something because i'm broke. I'm gonna have to do it soon because i'm worried about getting older, truly worried and i can't count on music ever bringing money and of course martial arts was never really a consideration for money, even though most of the guys I know ended up opening gyms or becoming trainers. I never wanted to unless i could do it well and right, which most of those guys probably don't.
So you sparring a K1 and MMA champion whilst being near half his size and you tell him "......if I was being competitive you'd be on the floor." ???
And then you wonder why he broke your ribs ?!!

{<huh}<Huh2><{outtahere}>

Tbh he was probably trying to liver shot you hard and busted your ribs instead.

I've known you for a lot of years on here, Moz. You've talked about your struggles at times on here to. To be honest you've always struck me as more of a small town type of person rather than a big city guy. Or at least someone who would benefit a bunch from the peace and serenity of small town/outdoor life rather than having to deal or getting stuck with the pressure of the big city life. Obviously I don't know you all that well of course. But just based on what you've said on here I've always got the impression that a change in your environment would be good for you. You and I have talked about that a couple of times on here, but have you ever gave it serious thought?

So you sparring a K1 and MMA champion whilst being near half his size and you tell him "......if I was being competitive you'd be on the floor." ???
And then you wonder why he broke your ribs ?!!

{<huh}<Huh2><{outtahere}>

Tbh he was probably trying to liver shot you hard and busted your ribs instead.
that's the point, he had no real business doing it as I wasn't throwing anything at him. so you pretty much answered the question yourself, k-1 ufc etc.., etc.., and people were seeing him look foolish, it wasn't my intention. also, i said that after the session, not during or before so that's not the reason. I did however used to invite guys to take their best shots, (what we're talking about, stupid macho shit) and he wasn't hurting me with headshots even when i let him hit me. Stupid as hell when i think about it but i always did have a self destructive streak. either way, he did believe I could "make some money" unfortunately, he was scared to cross the gym owner by taking me under his wing. It's all over now, I struggle to come up with the drive to train anymore and I'm fat as hell.

Last edited:
I've known you for a lot of years on here, Moz. You've talked about your struggles at times on here to. To be honest you've always struck me as more of a small town type of person rather than a big city guy. Or at least someone who would benefit a bunch from the peace and serenity of small town/outdoor life rather than having to deal or getting stuck with the pressure of the big city life. Obviously I don't know you all that well of course. But just based on what you've said on here I've always got the impression that a change in your environment would be good for you. You and I have talked about that a couple of times on here, but have you ever gave it serious thought?
I have, a lot but there really isn't anywhere to go where i'd be able to make any cash. at least not right away. Being a native alaskan, there is always that but as you know, the indians living conditions are worse than what I have here in the city, in AK they are treated like third class citizens and as you probably can tell, i wouldn't like that too much. The indians up there are totally different than the old folks that are gone, i can't really relate to them. also, I could probably try living off the land but i'd have to pick up on alot of skills and the only people that know those have a lot of alcohol issues, it's all a mess up there, i try not to be judgemental of them but it's very frustrating. In retrospect, martial arts and music were big mistakes, but they were the only things I really wanted to do. I didn't know that they would have me stuck doing a lot of other hard, dirty, physical jobs for little pay. A lot of things i didn't know, one was that my talent would never be enough to get anywhere, there are so many other factors. Eventually i'll get out, i'm here but hardly really here as it is, little social life (a choice) so I don't get dragged down in a lot of issues that most people do. Being a fighter is to be stubborn too, and I've always been stubborn about things so it makes it hard to change.

that's the point, he had no real business doing it as I wasn't throwing anything at him. so you pretty much answered the question yourself, k-1 ufc etc.., etc.., and people were seeing him look foolish, it wasn't my intention. also, i said that after the session, not during or before so that's not the reason. I did however used to invite guys to take their best shots, (what we're talking about, stupid macho shit) and he wasn't hurting me with headshots even when i let him hit me. Stupid as hell when i think about it but i always did have a self destructive streak.
Hey man, I like you .....except for your weird love/ hate posts about Ali..... but if you did that with me, even being a normal amateur gym rat, I'd try n bust up on your ribs too. And so would most anyone I know.
Unfortunately, u had that coming.

And like I said, he most likely was trying for a liver shot to learn you but you got unlucky.

Hey man, I like you .....except for your weird love/ hate posts about Ali..... but if you did that with me, even being a normal amateur gym rat, I'd try n bust up on your ribs too. And so would most anyone I know.
Unfortunately, u had that coming.

And like I said, he most likely was trying for a liver shot to learn you but you got unlucky.
I'll say this and i'll let that go for now. I don't really know and neither do you what he was thinking. that's the whole awkward thing of doing it, it's awkward in real life too. "if i ask this girl that, will she do this?" "If she asks me that, how will I answer?" Sparring/fighting is like a conversation, "how's your chin?" I answer "my chin is fine" I ask "how are your reflexes" he says "my reflexes are shot" without really knowing people and knowing where they are coming from you'll never know. And I never complained about it at the time, it's only after that you think of those things, sometimes years after "what was I thinking?" A lot of times like that, injuries or not, were the best times of my life, now.., it is the rational part of my mind that says "I'm old now, and I'm glad my ego wasn't so big that I needed that so bad for the little they were giving or I'd be fucked up by now". The ego can get you in all sorts of trouble and I controlled my ego enough so that it didn't. Also, I think Mo may have been trying to get me to submit to him, I never liked the idea of submission, never and I forgot to mention I went a little nuts after that shot. You shoulda seen the whole gym come over to me like little kids after I got out of the ring, it was wierd. Either way, the window for whatever I could have done is closed forever now.

btw, in what way shape or form have I ever hated Ali, i'm sure sharks would tell you, i've never "hated ali".

Back