News Marvin Hagler has passed away

I never had the opportunity to meet him in person but he's one of my top all time favorites. My Hagler story is almost getting into a fight with a UK fan at the IBHOF induction ceremonies weekend around 10 years ago.

They had an autographed picture, the one where he's wrapping his hands, and it was the type of auction that was set for a certain time period and you'd write your bid down on a sheet. I knew as soon as I saw it that I had to have it but didn't expect there'd be another fan there that wanted it as much as I did.

We got into bidding war and by the time the clock started winding down we were there snatching the clipboard and pen away from each other raising the bid. I don't recall much foul language but one of the employees there wound up calling the Sheriff that told us to mellow down or he'd take us in.

After all that, in our rush to outbid each other, we weren't filling out the form properly and most of our bids were invalid. The enterprising employee though asked us if we'd both be willing to pay the highest bid for it. We both agreed and she informed us she had another copy in the backroom so we both ended up paying top dollar for it.

A buddy of mine had tickets to a banquet Hagler was attending that weekend and managed to get a glove of mine autographed so I feel I still have a little bit of a connection with him.

RIP Marvelous One.
Lol true boxing fan. The Canastota po po had a lil action that night, haha.

Your facts were not correct. I specifically pointed out how what you posted was inaccurate. You said the vaccine was not tested on animals, I provided you with the truth and multiple sources you can read on the subject, including articles posted by the NIH. Your article was from 2002, that is 19 years ago, about SARS. Mine were current, regarding Covid19.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you are telling people not to take a vaccination and using untruths as your reasoning. This is not a boxing opinion, this is a pretty serious issue.

I just gave you all the information you need, why did you choose not to read it?

Yes it’s a serious issue. It’s clearly the same “ type “ vaccine. I’ve posted two long term of the studies related to mRNA vaccines , if you want to discount them that is your prerogative.

Im pretty sure I said none made through the animal testing stage, a long established protocol. This stage can take years to flesh out, but I’m sure you know this. If you want to parse words and not look at the spirt of what was said whatever. I stand by the statement, “ no mRNA vaccine has made to though the animal testing phase”, current vaccines included ( now they may but we don’t know yet because they effectively skipped the step altogether by the fast track process). The challenges often come when one is re-introduced to a mutated form of the virus( all virus mutate) , this takes time. Clearly this was not done but roll w whatever you like.

btw , I was kind of pissed hearing the Marvelous One died and made an Instructive statement to Moz while emotional. He is a big boy and we have enough history I suspect he didn’t take it the wrong way, but that’s between us.

I don't know if I even have a candle in my house. I should reup incase the power goes out. Anyway RIP Marvin. I'll try to light a candle for the Mrs.

Yes it’s a serious issue. It’s clearly the same “ type “ vaccine. I’ve posted two long term of the studies related to mRNA vaccines , if you want to discount them that is your prerogative.

Im pretty sure I said none made through the animal testing stage, a long established protocol. This stage can take years to flesh out, but I’m sure you know this. If you want to parse words and not look at the spirt of what was said whatever. I stand by the statement, “ no mRNA vaccine has made to though the animal testing phase”, current vaccines included ( now they may but we don’t know yet because they effectively skipped the step altogether by the fast track process). The challenges often come when one is re-introduced to a mutated form of the virus( all virus mutate) , this takes time. Clearly this was not done but roll w whatever you like.

btw , I was kind of pissed hearing the Marvelous One died and made an Instructive statement to Moz while emotional. He is a big boy and we have enough history I suspect he didn’t take it the wrong way, but that’s between us.

Anti vax cringe

solid argument.

You might want to think a bit deeper about his subject in light of the Pfizer document release last week, just saying.

Over 90% of people who are hospitalized with covid are unvaccinated. Its something like 99% of people that die from covid are unvaccinated.

There's a pretty simple argument

Crazy it's been a year already. Still a hell of a loss. RIP Champ.

Over 90% of people who are hospitalized with covid are unvaccinated. Its something like 99% of people that die from covid are unvaccinated.

If you say so.

i don't get why the president and VP were saying that we had to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated months back. It should be the opposite way around lol, antivax mandate folks be droppin like flies

I don't know if I even have a candle in my house. I should reup incase the power goes out. Anyway RIP Marvin. I'll try to light a candle for the Mrs.

I didn't either and I'm not given to that sort of symbolic sentimentality but for Hagler, I did it. His wife seems the most hurt of everyone which is understandable, then, there are these assholes who are pressing her on his cause of death and the vaccination rumors, just tacky. She still posts great pics of him every day or so and is trying to keep the memory alive.

Back