Masvidal respond to sherbros obsessed with size.

Depends. Striking? Much easier to slow down a 6’5 roided freak than shooting a takedown without risk getting scrambled and squashed into oblivion.

Last edited:
Styles make fights and Ngannou wins because of his athleticism. Greg Hardy is the only guy that's a better athlete than Francis Ngannou. Just because of that, he'd negate all of Ngannou's strengths and he'd have a chance. Not a great one, but he has a good shot.

Brock had better combine stats than Hardy and had a legit wrestling background and people wouldn't give him a shot against Ngannou.

What do you see Hardy's chance being? He doens't have the cardio, hits a lucky shot?

I once saw a skinny scene kid beat the absolute fuck out of this 250+ metal head in ten seconds.

Masvidal knows.

my money would be on an NFL lineman to beat Michelle Waterson in a street fight.

You'd be literally retarded to not KNOW that EVERY NFL athlete, save for some of the kickers probably, would absolutely massacre Michelle Waterson in any form of combat, let alone a street fight.

"I can beat any 300 pounds guy in 10 seconds if h doesn't know what he's doing" So in other words with no fighting/martial arts experience.

I'm quoting him because there are a lot of you who believe that a guy without martial art experience will most likely beat a guy with years or martial art experience solely on size.

Minute 1

would love to see Masvidal vs Crocop/Fedor.

These athlete fanboys don't seem to understand this. Even if you're athletic you still have to have SOME degree of fighting spirit. You have to have the desire to inflict violence and also be fearless in a full contact fight. There's also the factor of being talented in one sport not guaranteeing success in another. A great baseball player don't be a great soccer player, for example.

Skills and physically ,.Phisically mma fighters are better conditioned for mma fights, mentally and phisically. You can run fast but someone who is less athletic overall, can swim faster, cause all they do is swim.

Check Marius Pudzanovski. That guy is athletic

An athletic 230lb guy with literally 6 months of decent training would fuck him up. It'd be a different story vs Usman or Colby because of their wrestling.

Masvidal is a great wrestler with legit bjj. Also, he probably walks around at 180-190. He would put the ball player with 6 months of experience to sleep any way he wanted.

You'd be literally retarded to not KNOW that EVERY NFL athlete, save for some of the kickers probably, would absolutely massacre Michelle Waterson in any form of combat, let alone a street fight.
I would take Amanda Nunes over every quarterback tbh

Frankly, I’m offended to share these boards with retards who think that football players with no serious training can beat a top 180lber. Absolute fucking retards. What are you even doing here?

plus those guys all punch like shit.

This fantasy that someone can fight just because they are athletic only persists among couch potatoes who have never set foot in a fighting gym.

Watch about mid way through this vid, when Olsen starts hitting mitts..

<36>

Now imagine what a guy like Masvidal, who knows what it’s like to fight bare-knuckle in the streets, would do to this arm-punching stiffmeister.

The "Ray" guy that he fought back in the Kimbo Slice days, was probably around 200 pounds.

He has definitely proven that he can beat heavyweights in a street fight.

Greg Hardy is a former all pro NFL player and he's had problems with some entry level heavies, of course Mas would beat the shit out of 300lbers with no experience or training

The "Ray" guy that he fought back in the Kimbo Slice days, was probably around 200 pounds.

He has definitely proven that he can beat heavyweights in a street fight.

This. Masvidal can back you what he’s saying. And he beat that guy multiple times.

Unfortunately this is exactly what it is.

The number of regular sized dudes foaming at the mouth over the size of big men (athletes, martial artists, boxers, actors... Hell even just big dudes out in public) is alarming.

Guys have become absolutely obsessed with size to the point that I think it's actually turned sexual. Look at the way Rogan acts over guys like Ngannou... All he can talk about is his impressive size and the relentless hunger with which he talks about it means there's an unsatisfied urge inside.

I honestly wonder, in a closed room and the prospect of nobody ever finding out, how far these guys would take their obsession with very big guys.

Sadly, this is not even exaggerated for the sake of humor. I’ve noticed this phenomenon myself a while back.

"I can beat any 300 pounds guy in 10 seconds if h doesn't know what he's doing" So in other words with no fighting/martial arts experience.

I'm quoting him because there are a lot of you who believe that a guy without martial art experience will most likely beat a guy with years or martial art experience solely on size.

Minute 1

This is obvious, but if the guy know what he is doing even 10 pounds is a lot as we see in the ufc time and time again... so the bigger the size gap the bigger the skill gap must be to win.

The size vs skill debate is ever present and has no clear cut answer ... one can overcompensate for the other, but there is no exact formula.

A UFC pro vs an untrained but much bigger fit guy? Easy, the pro.

A generic “martial artist” with some training / sparring / competition experience vs the same much bigger fit guy? Difficult, could go either way.

A low weight class UFC pro vs an untrained “monster sized” guy? Again, difficult, could go either way.

Certainly skill offsets size and vice versa, but by how much is impossible to tell as there are too many variables.

The only general “rule” I would hold true is that a high level pro fighter in the 170+ weight classes can beat almost any untrained man regardless of size and strength (including 300+ strongmen or NFL players).

I’m guessing the people who work out are the ones actually trying to argue.. Must suck to realize the only benefit to working out(to be physically intimidating) doesnt actually exist in reality. Working out to come off as big and tough or to get women, is a weak minded endeavor. The person you need to fear is a man with a brain thats calculating how to pick you apart. What makes humans an apex predator on this planet isn’t our brawn. Gay little Joey Rogan will even tell you that.. as he kicks harder than men 3x his size :)

With no martial arts training at all? Sure. But guys like greg hardy and brock lesnar are living proof that athleticism makes up for a lot of experience.

Edit: I know Brock Lesnar wrestled in college. My point was that I would pick Brock Lesnar before his first ufc fight to beat Masvidal now. Size matters when the big guy has even a little bit of skill.

I see ur edit but Brock is far more than a WWE guy or NFL reject, he was a freaking good collegiate wrestler

and I have been wanting to see Greg Hardy get somewhere but the only place he got was back to can crushing where his skills seem to have peaked

Back