Masvidal was winning the fight before the KO

Fruitsaladsushi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He had the cleaner, crisper shots , better footwork / head movement And better control of the ring

I gave him round 1 and 2 up to the lucky knockout .
A third match is needed to settle this, because Jorge actually looked better than usman

Masvidal may have won the first round but there was a lot of foreshadowing of what was going to come very early. Usman was getting to Masvidal's chin, he was throwing with mean intentions and landing some shots. He was trying to play them off but you can't just stand there and eat shots from Usman, he's not the biggest puncher but if he lands clean he can put you out.

And of course the obvious answer is when you end up taking a nap on the octagon floor, it doesn't matter what you did previously.

I was genuinely impressed with Masvidal's ground game in the first, looked really good. But Usman is soo well rounded at this point and with KO-power he's a scary man.

He had the cleaner, crisper shots , better footwork / head movement And better control of the ring

I gave him round 1 and 2 up to the lucky knockout .
A third match is needed to settle this, because Jorge actually looked better than usman
The nut huggers are out in full force at the Sherdog bro-down today!

Usman gets better as the fight goes on anyway. And Usman didn't look out of place on the stand up at all and countered him several times

I didn't think so.
I haven't heard this argument much for this fight, but the fight was under 1 and a half rounds. You barely judge who was "winning". I would understand if it lasted until round 3 or 4, but no Jorge wasn't winning and showed nothing significant.

Like I still don't get why people keep arguing Conor was winning until he lost in his last fight. Dude didn't get like a 10-8 round 1 and proceeded to get flash KO'd round 2, the reality is he barely won the 1st and got dismantled overtime. Same as this one.
These 2 guys(Jorge and Conor) were dismantled from the start and the fights didn't even get halfway through the 2nd round. Shit barely matters if the fights were that short.

Back