• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Masvidal was winning the fight before the KO

all jokes aside - Masvidal looked very off, like he was punked before the fight even began. Something was gone from his personality, probably 25 minutes with Usman in the cage really make you feel small and weak

He had the cleaner, crisper shots , better footwork / head movement And better control of the ring

I gave him round 1 and 2 up to the lucky knockout .
A third match is needed to settle this, because Jorge actually looked better than usman
Lol. No, he wasn't. Usman outstruck him in the first and took him down repeatedly.

I seriously hope you are trolling, because this is an ice cold take.

Masvidal may have won the first round but there was a lot of foreshadowing of what was going to come very early. Usman was getting to Masvidal's chin, he was throwing with mean intentions and landing some shots. He was trying to play them off but you can't just stand there and eat shots from Usman, he's not the biggest puncher but if he lands clean he can put you out.

And of course the obvious answer is when you end up taking a nap on the octagon floor, it doesn't matter what you did previously.
Don't take the bait. Masvidal did not win the first.

He was way too cocky and over confident. Usman has hands now.

This. Masvidal was landing and fucking up the leg but he was too relaxed in there. I guess this happens when you have loads of fights and never get knocked out.

He was acting all goofy and smiling

ezgif-com-gif-maker-1.gif

then just in seconds...

ezgif-com-gif-maker-6.gif

SMH tread-count built on crap like this is why so many great threads get passed up.

TS is a complete retard. How many fighters are up on the cards before getting KOed? Happens all the time dimwit. Jesus you’re stupid

This is also true, people made posts about his first round being sht was great in my book, he was prepared to go 5 rounds, first round Usman coulndt outwrestled him. But he defended the straight so bad that he is his fault.

Masvidal himself literally said “He (Usman) has my number”.

Narratives like TS’ are irrelevant.

He had the cleaner, crisper shots , better footwork / head movement And better control of the ring

I gave him round 1 and 2 up to the lucky knockout .
A third match is needed to settle this, because Jorge actually looked better than usman
You don’t sound like a fighter. There is no such thing as luck in fighting. When you throw a punch, or a kick, it is with the intention that it knocks or hurts your opponent. When you go for a submission, it is because you intention is to tap a guy out. There is no such thing as luck. So STFU.

Usman gets better as the fight goes on anyway. And Usman didn't look out of place on the stand up at all and countered him several times
The last 30 seconds of the first round he was hobling shots like a drunk

No, he wasn't... not by a long shot.

After witnessing some of the shots Usman landed in the first round, I thought to myself: "Goodness, this could get ugly for Masvidal in the later rounds." It turned out Usman didn't need those later rounds to finish the job, but I am sure he still would have had he needed them. Hard shots that accumulate are too much for anyone, I don't care how good of a chin you have.

No need for hyperbole. He was doing better than the first fight and looked smooth in the striking, and being able to get up from the takedown was impressive. That being said he still got cracked a few times and taken down and controlled for a period, and so definitively lost the first round. Second round was close before the finish, with Masvidal getting too cocky and paying for it. I do think he was the smoother striker and it would've been interesting to see the fight carry on down the stretch, but Usman's endless cardio and wrestling is an ever-present danger across all rounds, and on top of that he showed his power tonight. I think Usman beats Masvidal 9/10 times.

I am thinking that the TS was joking.
Unless getting picked up and dumped like the trash in Round 1 gave it clearly to Mas?
Anyways, loving the deep fake humour TS.

It's funny when I was watching the fight. I said oh Masvidal will get K0ed about 5 seconds later he gets KOed. You can't underestimate Usman striking/boxing now.

Masvidal edged the first round of their first fight but Usman clearly won the first round of the rematch. More effective strikes and grappling. Jorge was not winning.

Thought Horhay looked good. Was nasty great elbows from the bottom that clearly hurt Usman. In fact I think Usman let him up after those elbows.

Back