Media Max Holloway: "Don't put a limit on me" vs Justin Gaethje, "Gladiators don't carry a scale"

It's absolutely cringe when fighters talk like this.

Max fighting at his "natural" weight class would be fighting at 185, because you can guarantee he's way over the 170 limit when he's not dieting down and cutting to FW.

So he's fought basically his whole career 3 weight classes below his natural, and now he thinks he can credibly say "I don't care about weight that I fight at. I'll fight Francis Ngannou".

Well, why have you spent your whole career dehydrating yourself and compromising your health if you don't care about weight? Why do you alter your calorie intake and diet to such a degree to get down to FW when you could just eat whatever your like? Why are you pretending you'll fight Francis Ngannou when you wouldn't even permanently move to LW after achieving all you could at FW?

And then you have fans lapping it up like "What a warrior! What a mentality he has!"

Yes, a real warrior cutting 3 weight classes below his natural and then claiming he doesn't care about fighting bigger men. Absolute clowns.

And before you say it, no I'm not criticising him fighting at 145, he's doing the right thing. Just don't lie and pretend you don't care about the size of your opponents, because you obviously do.

Nobody fights at their own "natural" weightclass anymore. If he were to fight at ww hed be fighting giants who weigh 30-70 pounds more than him.

Nobody fights at their own "natural" weightclass anymore. If he were to fight at ww hed be fighting giants who weigh 30-70 pounds more than him.
I don't think you actually read my post did you?

I'm not saying he should fight at 170 or 185, he's the one bragging about how he doesn't care about the weight of his opponents.

Of course he's doing the right thing fighting at 145, but don't lie and say you'll fight Francis Ngannou when you won't even make a permanent move to LW, it's embarrassing.

Max is too tough for his own good. I hope he doesn't end up like Ferguson.

I don't think you actually read my post did you?

I'm not saying he should fight at 170 or 185, he's the one bragging about how he doesn't care about the weight of his opponents.

Of course he's doing the right thing fighting at 145, but don't lie and say you'll fight Francis Ngannou when you won't even make a permanent move to LW, it's embarrassing.
"Perception is reality"
-Kenny Florian

It's just about maximising that perception and if someone buys the story good for them.
(You are absolutely right if we go into details - but thats not the point. Point is to sell the story of a man who fights anyone, anytime and Max has a bit better claim to this than some others. Thats why he is making such a fuss about it.)
It's just how the world is. The absolute truth might be somewhere but atm it's just not very relevant.

Gladiators got killed for the amusement of rich people. Don't go Full Andy Wang, there is no prize for a beating.

Sometimes you say something so monumentally stupid that I can't even make sense of it sir.

There's literally a handful of heavyweights that are worth a damn.
Half of them have zero takedown defense, and even less of them have a competent ground game whatsoever.

Whereas 125-135 are full of well rounded talent, and you're over here trying to shit on them...really?

I guess watching 2 big guys gas out after a round is what you consider "better"... smfh.
Weird post man.

Who wins a fight is better

Just like being tall is a talent in basketball

Lmao, why don't you piss up a rope son.

Im surprised you didn't come back with one of your masterpieces like "sausage" or "hand sanitizer boy"...your cleverness will never fail to amaze us all you tit.

View attachment 1037394

Ur probably old and fat criticizing ppl online. Lol. Too much flower in ur life. Get to the gym ya tosser. It might make ya happier. U seem bitter.

I think Max is not only better than he was 5 years ago when he fought Dustin, I think he will be in much better physical condition too. He has had ample time to put the weight on the right way.

Yeah Justin is a tough matchup for him with the leg kicks and power. But I actually wouldn't be surprised if Max lit Gaethje up on the feet in some moments too.

Ur probably old and fat criticizing ppl online. Lol. Too much flower in ur life. Get to the gym ya tosser. It might make ya happier. U seem bitter.
Im not bitter son, you're just a clown that thinks he's better than he is.
It would be different if you didn't whine about the Gordon fight...which you clearly lost.

Then you barely beat Tony, which 4 years ago he would've torn you limb from limb.

You're simply a product of the times with entitlement dripping from your pores.

It would be different if you didn't whine about the Gordon fight...which you clearly lost.

Then you barely beat Tony, which 4 years ago he would've torn you limb from limb.

<lol>

I think Max is not only better than he was 5 years ago when he fought Dustin, I think he will be in much better physical condition too. He has had ample time to put the weight on the right way.

Yeah Justin is a tough matchup for him with the leg kicks and power. But I actually wouldn't be surprised if Max lit Gaethje up on the feet in some moments too.

A few months is not ample time.

If you've ever wrestled, its easier to understand just how bonkers a 10lbs gap is in people this size. Max would need a minimum of 6-8 months working on building functional muscle and then several more months sparring long rounds to understand what it means to carry that weight in a fight.

He is not the size of a fully formed lightweight right now, and he's going to look under-powered against Justin. If he was actually moving up a division, he would start with a lower ranked opponent to make the transition and adjust before fighting one of the top.

Love Max but this fight is bad news.

I got respect for any fighter that steps foot in the octagon. They are modern gladiators. So even though I have a hard time understanding paddy when he talks half the time, you got to respect him for making the walk.

Back