max holloway has shown again jiu jitsu has major flaws

If what you say is remotely true, then why did JDS KO Verdoom and Cain did big Nog? They’re only really known for the best jitz in the H.W. division! Please don’t say they tried to stand because sometimes that’s ur only option!

Jds stopped werdum with an uppercut standing, many strikers have ktfo grapplers, I’m just talking about stopping the takedowns...

Max could not have beat Ortega without jiu jitsu. Before you protest, stop and think thoughts about it

James Tony showed a major flaw in boxing

Overeem showed a major flaw in kick boxing

Lesnar showed a major flaw in wrestling

Thompson showed a major flaw in karate

Rustam showed a major flaw in sambo

Ronda showed a major flaw in judo

not what imm saying, there are flaws in bjj, and its probably obsolete.
There are flaws in every aspect of the sport. Holy shit:eek: Why the fuck do I watch this shit, it's so obsolete?

<Lmaoo>

the problem is when you have just pure jiujitsu without any real grappling skills. how can you impose your game when u can't take the fight where u need it

Exactly this. Elite BJJ artists have to also have more than adequate wrestling skills. If you can't get to a dominant position, you're not going to be effective.

Jds stopped werdum with an uppercut standing, many strikers have ktfo grapplers, I’m just talking about stopping the takedowns...
That’s what I’ve been talking about all along, how can you take someone down when he is trying to take your head off clean?

That’s what I’ve been talking about all along, how can you take someone down when he is trying to take your head off clean?

if your standing in there trying to punch you risk getting ktfo, how many strikes did Maia got hit with in something like 7 fights? 13 or something... you time your way in, duck get a deep double or single... Maia couldn’t do that do twood Colby and usman not because they were punching him but because they actually counter grapple him...pucning your way out of a td is not the best strategy and you will normally end up on your back... grapplers train for that... now no matter if your a grappler or not, if your staying in the pocket, you risk getting ktfo, which is what happened to werdum...

Heh, you miss the point.
BJJ is "not relevant" because literally EVERYONE trains it.

Besides, wrestling has always been the most favored aspect of MMA. The rules helps it tremendously.
Just think about it for a second:
If there's not enough action on the ground, they stand up fighters.
If there are no action on the standup, they don't put them on the ground.
Your own explanation undermines your theory that the rules favor wrestlers.
"If there's not enough action on the ground, they stand up fighters.
If there are no action on the standup, they don't put them on the ground."

I dont know whats sadder...
The TS moronic trolling or people actually biting.

I dont know whats sadder...
The TS moronic trolling or people actually biting.
A purple belt fighter fighting out of Gracie Technics is showing the major flaws of jiujitsu.

Your own explanation undermines your theory that the rules favor wrestlers.
"If there's not enough action on the ground, they stand up fighters.
If there are no action on the standup, they don't put them on the ground."
Standing up fighters goes against BJJ, not wrestling.
They would be happy to just press you against the cage and take you down once more.

Max Holloway has shown again that he's the best FW. That's it.

All Martial Arts have holes on their own.

3rd degrere black belt could get nothing going against a brown belt.

You need to know enough to stop them. That his all.

the tak down attempts and range were god damn awful
has jiu jitsu just become a Gracie propaganda piece to get monies
106_Max_Holloway_x_Brian_Ortega.0.jpg

how many champs r now jiu jitsu disciples, meaning their foundation is jiu jitsu
all 6/8 divisions are foundationally wrestlers and the other 2 are strikers
images

stipe-miocic-fabricio-werdum-mma-ufc-fight-night-werdum-vs-miocic-1.jpg

Standing up fighters goes against BJJ, not wrestling.
They would be happy to just press you against the cage and take you down once more.
So you think that wrestlers don't care if they get stood up and that is evidence that the rules favor wrestlers ? Okay got it.

So you think that wrestlers don't care if they get stood up and that is evidence that the rules favor wrestlers ? Okay got it.
Your questioning and what you deduct from answers are simply ridiculous.
do you make up shit as you go?

I mentioned the stand up while I was speaking about BJJ, not wrestling.

And wrestlers are more comfortable standing than BJJ guys.
For Wrestlers can take other fighters down or press them against the cage.
BJJ fighters need to keep the fight on the ground to be effective.

Back