News Maycee Barber vs Rose Namajunas set for main event on July 13th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Maycee should fighting Manon Fiorot for the interim 125 title, Rose needs another fight to get in that upper echelon

Interim title lol. Nah Maycee hasn't done enough yet to fight for any belt.

Pay Fiorot to train to be the backup for Grasso/Shevchenko 3 so she's not just sitting around waiting for the winner.

Why would Fiorot need to take another fight, she's already done more than literally anyone who has fought for the flyweight title.
Even if Maycee wins this fight, she's STILL at least 1 fight behind Manon, walking in her footsteps

Tough fight for Macyee because Rose is fast and hard to finish but I'll be rooting for the Future.

Maycee-Barber.jpg

U are new to the sport? Welcome! They're called apex events
This one is actually planned to be set in Colorado which is Maycee's hometown hence why shes headlining. (Rose is actually fighting out of Denver, Maycee is from Greeley)

Last edited:
"sources say" --

Dana gotta find that mole.

It's probably the fighters.
Ariel makes deals every chance he gets:
"I will pay you $5000 per scoop on the condition that you never tell anyone about our deal."

Betcha he has 100 of those deals just laying around.
Adds up to about ten scoops per year, keeps him relevant.

That's my guess.

Yep, this is the right fight.

I get the reservations at the time of Rose's last fight that she didn't deserve to be in a contender eliminator, but I never felt this would directly be a contender eliminator. There's just too much traffic in front of them.

Grasso-Shevchenko III is in the works (sometime after August per TUF timelines), then you've still got Manon a clear number one contender to face the winner in my opinion, what, December earliest?

That means, at best, the Barber-Rose winner gets a shot a quarter way through 2025.

So yeah, it's not a contender eliminator as such, but it's a damn good reminder that this division is looking pretty healthy. Rose-Maycee loser probably gets Erin Blanchfield, winner might even have to fight the loser of Grasso-Val!

I love this booking.

This seems like one of those changing of the guard bouts. 25 on the way up vs 31 on the way down. I think Maycee takes it.

I like Rose so we'll see!

Barber will have to literally barrel forward every second in the hope that she can tire Rose out and not get knocked out herself along the way.

Otherwise, this should be pretty light work for Rose. The skill gap between her and Barber is astronomical lol.
I just hope Rose doesn't let herself get bullied.

Back