News Mayra Bueno Silva: I got popped by NSAC

It’s comically easy to receive a diagnosis for ADHD and get a prescription for these medications, even in America. Many places don’t even test you, they just take your word for it and write you a script. Any athlete could claim they have ADHD (I’m surprised more don’t).

I too have taken ADHD meds. If you don’t take it for a test, you still gain massive benefits from taking it every day prior studying for the test, regardless of whether you actually have ADHD.

Is taking it on competition day the biggest issue? Of course. But taking it out of competition still provides benefits.
In my experience it's not that easy to get an ADHD diagnosis if you don't actually have ADHD. A lot of people do have it though and like I said I believe Mayra was diagnosed with it long before she ever started training MMA or jiujitsu.

In my experience it's not that easy to get an ADHD diagnosis if you don't actually have ADHD. A lot of people do have it though and like I said I believe Mayra was diagnosed with it long before she ever started training MMA or jiujitsu.
People here seem also to forget that ADHD meds don’t work the same way if you really have ADHD, or if you just take the meds without the need. A person with ADHD does not get a similar boost or what ever you want to call it, they can just fuction ”normal”.

I have a hard time believing the Simone Biles story. I don't see how a person can become an olympic champion and claim they NEED medication to help them with focus. Like you don't have to focus, and be extremely consistent to become the best in the world at something? Personally, I think anyone who uses adhd meds in high level sports, is probably knowingly using it as a ped.

She's had ADHD treatment since childhood, not just after becoming a high-level athlete - she maybe wouldn't have become a champ without it (the only reason I say "maybe" and not "probably" is because as a kid she would have had parents, coaches and a school system there to offset some of the negative effects of ADHD by enforcing rules and organising things for her), since people with untreated ADHD usually massively underachieve in their academics (compared to what their brain can do when focused), career and have problems in their personal life, health, finances and social life. It's even been estimated going untreated takes about 9 years off the life expectancy of someone with ADHD.
The meds might help her focus in training, but they're probably mostly so she doesn't waste all her time in between training, fuck up her diet, sleep etc and generally unravel her life.

You’re mistaken, Ritalin is still regularly prescribed.

Regarding Silva- it depends what her levels were at fight time. If she took some extended release Adderall the week before and there were still trace amounts present, then let her slide with a warning, because it didn’t affect anything except maybe give her an irregular heartbeat.

If she actually took some just before the fight, then hang her out to dry because that shit will absolutely enhance her reflexes and speed.

You’ve never done adderall. She would take it everyday. as anyones prescription for adderall as ya know. She’s pretending she can’t go day to day with adderall.
“Extended release the week before “. that’s a 24 hour thing. it wouldn’t be in anybodies system if you ate 20 a day. It wouldn’t b in your system in week. Let alone a single extender release.

your comment is about as naive and just flat out wrong as one can read about drugs.

Back