Mayweather vs Tenshin on Rizin 14, dont worry, you read it right!

I think he just got hit clean and didn't see the shots coming.

That and there seem to be a significant weight difference on fight night.

Probably why Tenshin was dazed so much from those punches.

It shouldn't take away anything from Tenshin. It's all down to his inexperience boxing. He's still a major kickboxing star and the potential to get better doesn't change.

Yes but remember there are levels to this. Thai's have good kicks because they've been kicking since they were kids and that's whilst learning other things like clinching, elbows and boxing. Floyd has spent most his life doing only boxing at the highest of levels. Technically Floyd is a 135lbs fighter (most fighters who walk around Floyds weight cut down to 135) and if Floyd spent a lot more of his career at that weight he would probably have a lot more KO's on his record.
Maybe it was just the difference in skill or weight, but every time Mayweather landed a flush shot it seemed to knock Tenshin completely off balance. The first knock down seemed like Tenshin tripped and then got hit on the way down and it totally threw him around. He took Rodthung's shots like a champ, perhaps Floyd's hands really are just that many levels above the rest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Of course, Floyd is probably the GOAT in boxing vs Tenshin who never had a boxing fight in his life. Obviously Tenshin was going to look silly against Floyd, but i'm mostly surprised about Tenshin going down so easily by some punches that landed on his forehead. But yeah i guess his chin was good at 126 lbs or whatever weight he fought at but not good enough against a bigger guy like mayweather.

What a bum this Tenshin! It just proves what a shitty promotion Rizin is. Who did this Tenshin fight? One top-10 guy at some moment? PLEASE? Tell me! It was even boxing and couldn"t stand some rounds against Mayweather. Junior knew about his weaknessess, he smelled blood.

An unnecessary display of gutness

fake fight ia fake
Explain what was fake about it and why a Japanese promotion would pay Floyd to win a fixed fight where the hometown fighter they're trying to promote loses badly in the first round?

Explain what was fake about it and why a Japanese promotion would pay Floyd to win a fixed fight where the hometown fighter they're trying to promote loses badly in the first round?
floyd always wins in his business ventures unless its tequila or teeth whitening

rizin gained viewership and ticket sales

Easiest money of Floyds life .

What a bum this Tenshin! It just proves what a shitty promotion Rizin is. Who did this Tenshin fight? One top-10 guy at some moment? PLEASE? Tell me! It was even boxing and couldn"t stand some rounds against Mayweather. Junior knew about his weaknessess, he smelled blood.
He fought Rodtang, Wanchalong and Suakim who are all better than any romanian fighter ever.

Maybe it was just the difference in skill or weight, but every time Mayweather landed a flush shot it seemed to knock Tenshin completely off balance. The first knock down seemed like Tenshin tripped and then got hit on the way down and it totally threw him around. He took Rodthung's shots like a champ, perhaps Floyd's hands really are just that many levels above the rest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rodthung is much smaller and doesn’t have the hands Floyd did at 14. Not sure why anyone thought the fight would turn out any different than it did. Where you at lawrence kenshin?

Rodthung is much smaller and doesn’t have the hands Floyd did at 14. Not sure why anyone thought the fight would turn out any different than it did. Where you at lawrence kenshin?

Besides the punches, Rodthung is a product of the stadium Muay Thai circuit, he is to kicks what any pro Boxer is to their hands and Tenshin went to blows with him. That being said, I still concede that Floyd has way better hands than Rodthung could dream of and the KO wasn't really far-fetched, I just didn't expect Floyd to try to spark him so quickly. The only other outcome I saw was it just being a little show and Floyd cruising to an easy decision; I'm happy he went with the more entertaining route.

I know who Lawrence Kenshin is and I sometimes watch his videos, but I'm not sure I understand the question you asked about him.

Besides the punches, Rodthung is a product of the stadium Muay Thai circuit, he is to kicks what any pro Boxer is to their hands and Tenshin went to blows with him. That being said, I still concede that Floyd has way better hands than Rodthung could dream of and the KO wasn't really far-fetched, I just didn't expect Floyd to try to spark him so quickly. The only other outcome I saw was it just being a little show and Floyd cruising to an easy decision; I'm happy he went with the more entertaining route.

I know who Lawrence Kenshin is and I sometimes watch his videos, but I'm not sure I understand the question you asked about him.
Simple man, I was being a smart ass and poking fun. Tenshin is clearly a magnificent talent but Tenshin and many other kickboxing and Muay Thai bloggers have propped him up as some kind of messiah. I know that hyperboly in headlines get clicks but the whole Tenshin thing wore on a bit thick dude. But in all fairness to Tenshin he is a phenomenal natural talent and I hope he uses this to get better and got a good pay day.

Lawrence Kenshin never said he'd beat Floyd
Lee Wylie did say Canelo would beat Floyd though, that was pretty embarrassing

For some reason I read Rodhung as Ruenroeng.

Lawrence Kenshin never said he'd beat Floyd
Lee Wylie did say Canelo would beat Floyd though, that was pretty embarrassing
No I was poking at the Tenshin hype train in general which in my opinion got way out of hand. As far as I know only people on message boards thought he had any real chance against Floyd.

Hopefully this teaches people your favorite Kickboxer/MMMA fighter can't box.
Tenshin looked hilariously bad crying like that. These kids gotta stop thinking their undefeated streak make them Floyd. It's silliness

Hopefully this teaches people your favorite Kickboxer/MMMA fighter can't box.
Tenshin looked hilariously bad crying like that. These kids gotta stop thinking their undefeated streak make them Floyd. It's silliness
There are a handful of muay thai fighters that have succeeded in boxing though. Just not on the level of Mayweather

Where you at @Yodsanan? You went to boxing forum and made claim about how well Tenshin would do. Where you at motherfxxxxxx?

/s Joke, I dont think anyone really sees early knockout coming.

There are two main things we learned today.
1. Weight class exists for a reason
2. Don't believe all the boxing hype about Tenshin you read on Wikipedia. I believe he could become a world champ, but he is not as good as Inoue, Lomachenko, etc.
I watch all the preview shows of this fight, and the Japanese media was hyping Tenshin as someone who could easily hop in and become Japanese boxing GOAT with Linares saying that he is really similar to Lomachenko and would want Tenshin to be his sparing partner if he would ever rematch to p4p#1.
3. Floyd clearly wanted to carry Tenshin until the end of the exhibition, but the moment Tenshin threw a haymaker, Floyd went probably 5-10%? and Tenshin just got destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious thought though, does this change how you think Floyd VS Tenshin would go under full kickboxing rule set?

I still think Tenshin could beat Floyd under kickboxing rule, but I definitely underestimate Floyd's punching power against a guy 4 weight class below him.

Back