Mayweather vs Tenshin on Rizin 14, dont worry, you read it right!

Where you at @Yodsanan? You went to boxing forum and made claim about how well Tenshin would do. Where you at motherfxxxxxx?

/s Joke, I dont think anyone really sees early knockout coming.
If Tenshin and Floyd were identical weight, I think PBF would be in trouble. Tenshin landed clean on a lot of punches, but Floyd simply walked through them and sent Tenshin flying with a counter. Floyd ended it quickly BECAUSE Tenshin was going 100% and landing. If they were similar weight, Floyd would start covering up like he did against Conor, and wouldn't be able to do as much damage.

If Tenshin and Floyd were identical weight, I think PBF would be in trouble. Tenshin landed clean on a lot of punches, but Floyd simply walked through them and sent Tenshin flying with a counter. Floyd ended it quickly BECAUSE Tenshin was going 100% and landing. If they were similar weight, Floyd would start covering up like he did against Conor, and wouldn't be able to do as much damage.
Floyd would still win even if Tenshin was bigger. Stop it.

It's not like a few more kilos on Tenshin would have made him win or even survive those punches. As soon as he got hit he looked like a god damn newborn giraffe.

He landed one pretty hard shot to Mayweather head from what i can remember. The rest were to the body and mayweathers gloves. That one hard shot was prety nice though, the way he countered the punch and evaded mayweathers counter

He landed one pretty hard shot to Mayweather head from what i can remember. The rest were to the body and mayweathers gloves. That one hard shot was prety nice though, the way he countered the punch and evaded mayweathers counter
PlushCanineIbadanmalimbe-small.gif

Serious thought though, does this change how you think Floyd VS Tenshin would go under full kickboxing rule set?

I still think Tenshin could beat Floyd under kickboxing rule, but I definitely underestimate Floyd's punching power against a guy 4 weight class below him.
Mayweather always had decent punching power especially fighting at
super featherweight and lightweight his hands kept getting hurt though so you never really saw too much of it at 147 and 154. Shane Mosley said Floyd and Canelo hit about the same this being a 3 round fight and having a few weightclasses on Tenshin didn't hurt it much either.

Do you guys think your chin gets stronger as you move up in weight? A lot of small guys started at around 125 lbs and moved up to 147 lbs without getting knocked down so easily. I don’t know exactly what makes a good chin but i guess stronger neck muscles could play a role in absorbing the punch?

Last edited:
Do you guys think your chin gets stronger as you move up in weight? A lot of small guys started at around 125 lbs and moved up to 147 lbs without getting knocked down so easily. I don’t know exactly what makes a good chin but i guess stronger neck muscles could play a role in absorbing the punch?
I'm not sure what kind of bro science is involved in answering this question, but it is for certain that power does increase with size. Perhaps Tenshin doesn't have a chin for 147, or perhaps he was being hit by a guy with 30 pounds (more power) who also happens to be the GOAT of Boxing.

Someone like Jomthong, who is a better more accomplished Boxer than Tenshin managed to get flat lined when he faced his highest level opponent in that field and they were the same weight.

On a tangent...

The only way this fight could have played out well is if they literally took this match like an actual exhibition like some Buakaw shit and just played in the ring like a light sparring session. Tenshin and Mayweather hugging and smiling after the "fight" with Tenshin leaving with some respect. Instead he left crying because he legit came after Floyd and paid for it.

The idea of this fight being a fix is hilarious. People were so adamant that this was a big fix that they stick with it even though the result was the opposite. This was a complete fail job by Rizin and I'm saying that after had been defending it. Just poorly executed. I left feeling sorry for Tenshin, not thinking he was a "Prodigy".

I don't think so, otherwise guys like Overeem would have great chins.

I think the only thing more weight would influence is as you say more muscle and mass to reduce head knockback + also heavier/stronger legs & body meaning your body is less likely to be pushed back and lose balance from the force of the hits so instead of falling / being knocked down you're more likely to just get rocked but stay on your feet.

I'm not sure what kind of bro science is involved in answering this question, but it is for certain that power does increase with size. Perhaps Tenshin doesn't have a chin for 147, or perhaps he was being hit by a guy with 30 pounds (more power) who also happens to be the GOAT of Boxing.

Someone like Jomthong, who is a better more accomplished Boxer than Tenshin managed to get flat lined when he faced his highest level opponent in that field and they were the same weight.

On a tangent...

The only way this fight could have played out well is if they literally took this match like an actual exhibition like some Buakaw shit and just played in the ring like a light sparring session. Tenshin and Mayweather hugging and smiling after the "fight" with Tenshin leaving with some respect. Instead he left crying because he legit came after Floyd and paid for it.

The idea of this fight being a fix is hilarious. People were so adamant that this was a big fix that they stick with it even though the result was the opposite. This was a complete fail job by Rizin and I'm saying that after had been defending it. Just poorly executed. I left feeling sorry for Tenshin, not thinking he was a "Prodigy".
Not claiming it was a fixed fight, just trying to better understand the nature of knockdowns better.

I think any fighter would have gotten knocked down by uchiyamas punch, it was hard as hell and landed flush.

If course power increases with weight, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a 127 lbs fighter will get hurt that easily by a 147 lbs fighter.

I’ll assume increasing in weight doesn’t make your chin better, but having bigger body weight and a stronger neck could possibly keep you more stable when recieving a punch, so instead of getting rocked backwards you stay balanced.

To me there is a big difference between getting hit clean on the chin, so that your vision gets cut for a second and your legs become weak, causing you to drop and being hit by a big force to the head off balancing you and putting you to the ground. The latter doesn’t necessarily mean you have a weak chin.

In the case if Tenshin with all the punches it looks like he was rocked backwards flying to the ground because Mayweather was that much bigger, and also got hurt. He recovered pretty well after at least the first knockdown though

is "chin" even a real thing? I tend to think it is some big myth.

Whether a guy gets KOed or not probably depends on several factors or maybe it can be summed up to physics and the exact spot of contact. Some fighters have been KOed by seemingly light punches then survived harder shots later. it's not like we can explain everything and measure every fighter's chin.

What's the most interesting to me is how some fighters - usually on a latter stage of their careers - suddenly start getting KOed left and right but then again is it because their chin gave up? Or their defense gave up and they're getting hit flush more often? They lost confidence after getting KOed once and start making mistakes and get KOed more often? Who knows...

Lol. The Japanese called the challenge and bring their best fighter and thats all they have? Might aswell call him Hiroshima Nagasaki.

Lost all respect for this Tenshin Kid, he just fought garbage under an organization rize or rizen or w/e that crap is called full of weaklings.

Where you at @Yodsanan? You went to boxing forum and made claim about how well Tenshin would do. Where you at motherfxxxxxx?

/s Joke, I dont think anyone really sees early knockout coming.

There are two main things we learned today.
1. Weight class exists for a reason
2. Don't believe all the boxing hype about Tenshin you read on Wikipedia. I believe he could become a world champ, but he is not as good as Inoue, Lomachenko, etc.
I watch all the preview shows of this fight, and the Japanese media was hyping Tenshin as someone who could easily hop in and become Japanese boxing GOAT with Linares saying that he is really similar to Lomachenko and would want Tenshin to be his sparing partner if he would ever rematch to p4p#1.
3. Floyd clearly wanted to carry Tenshin until the end of the exhibition, but the moment Tenshin threw a haymaker, Floyd went probably 5-10%? and Tenshin just got destroyed.

I never said he would win. Said multiple times that I think Tenshin will get jabbed in the face for three rounds, and I hope he will do well. Obviously didn't play out like that as well.

Sure I quoted all those stuff, but this was more to get non-kickboxing fans more informed. Might be more of substance than "whos this Midget boxer?".

And I still think Tenshin will do really well in boxing.

Last edited:

Whether a guy gets KOed or not probably depends on several factors or maybe it can be summed up to physics and the exact spot of contact. Some fighters have been KOed by seemingly light punches then survived harder shots later. it's not like we can explain everything and measure every fighter's chin.

What's the most interesting to me is how some fighters - usually on a latter stage of their careers - suddenly start getting KOed left and right but then again is it because their chin gave up? Or their defense gave up and they're getting hit flush more often? They lost confidence after getting KOed once and start making mistakes and get KOed more often? Who knows...

I'd say that it's a mix of both. Sure a big part is physics in terms of how much force was generated and the spot where it landed, but I also think genetics and the state of the brain play a part.

So while I don't think people have "stronger chins" per say, some people are better at receiving hits than others because of genetics, but I also think the state of the brain in terms of how hydrated it is, how tired, how many times it got shut from KO's before and so on also plays a massive part - bigger than how much neck muscle you have for instance IMO.

Last edited:
I never said he would win. Said multiple times that I think Tenshin will get jabbed in the face for three rounds, and I hope he will do well. Obviously didn't play out like that as well.

Sure I quoted all those stuff, but this was more to get non-kickboxing fans more informed. Might be more of substance than "whos this Midget boxer?".

And I still think Tenshin will do really well in boxing.

I think you miss the sarcasm alert.

Of course we can't measure it unless in a laboratory setting but i definitely think it's a real thing. Some fighters can take harder punches than others. I'd also assume if you have had a couple of concussions it's easier to get new ones. It has more to do with the brain than your chin though.

Just from my own experience, i only once got hurt in sparring by a left hook which made me lose my vision for a second and my legs almost shut off. I was also punched pretty hard by some bigger guys a couple of times but it just rocked my head backwards, without really affecting my nervous system. I guess not seeing the punch coming can also be a big factor.

Last edited:
I also think Tenshin can do well in boxing but he would need to build himself up. He showed some nice speed and counters, but he needs more experience in boxing

I also think Tenshin can do well in boxing but he would need to build himself up. He showed some nice speed and counters, but he needs more experience in boxing
Would need trains in boxing for real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back