News Metabolite found in Jon Jones’ UFC 232 VADA test results

the problem is not jones but rather the UFC having turned into a corrupt WWE style joke organisation. any proper regulatory body would have removed the license of this ridiculous organisation 15 years ago when clowns like Dana, roidgan and goldberg showed up

I think it is unreasonable at this point to think Jones would get the max. No less than his second violation is about three years suspension, minus a year and a half for more snitching. Jones won't ever get more than two years. It's pretty obvious they are gaming the system for him at this point.
Why. He got the max first time, and only got three months off his actual sentence before cooperation the second time

Jones had 33 picograms of 4-chloro-18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl,17α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3α-ol (M3) (or DHMCT) in his system, per the commission.
Jones has more M3 in his system than a BMW factory.

All in line with what USADA found and publically reported. Also in line with previous findings. The articles I have read explain everything but few around here are reading..

20121227_jla_ar5_625.0.jpg

it's not unreasonable. his arbitration agreement says a 3rd violation will result in no less than double the period of second violation and up to lifetime ineligibility.
There is no violation..

This is a dog bites man story. The real scoop will be if he ever passes a drug test at any point in the rest of his career.

How much was the original dose of turinabol that it's metabolites are still in his urine , like if we added up the total amount of picograms found in all samples then extrapolated that for a 17 month time frame. Surely there would have had to be a lot of source material? If he excretes 1500 millilitres a day with 30 picograms average per ml for 500 days. Thats 45,000 picograms a day being excreted by urine.

How much was the original dose of turinabol that it's metabolites are still in his urine , like if we added up the total amount of picograms found in all samples then extrapolated that for a 17 month time frame. Surely there would have had to be a lot of source material? If he excretes 1500 millilitres a day with 30 picograms average per ml for 500 days. Thats 45,000 picograms a day being excreted by urine.
But we dont know how much hes excreted per day

I suppose knowing that hes tested for various ranges across various timeframes we could do per/time frame estimates based on the averages

Heres a conspiracy theory for you

What if Jones cooperation is USADA using him as a case study to observe excretion rates in athletes who have taken Oral tbol

What if Jones cooperation is USADA using him as a case study to observe excretion rates in athletes who have taken Oral tbol

nope, co-operation has to result in charges being brought against another person for an anti doping violation, or criminal or professional charges.

Heres a conspiracy theory for you

Could be. I think they stated it was (substancial help in another case) paraphrasing.

Jones is still the best fighter i've ever seen, my participation in the debate comes from my annoyance that folk are trying to feed my bullshit. I just think USADA are full of shit, i say this as a long-time cycling fan who knows almost everyone is on it.

nope, co-operation has to result in charges being brought against another person for an anti doping violation, or criminal or professional charges.
Bummer
That would have been a fun one

WTH?
The Dawson case is nothing like the Jones fiasco. Dawson didn't "pulse" nor was he punished and then allowed to continue to pop because of claims that there was "no re-ingestion". The Dawson case was dropped because it was determined that he wasn't under USADA rule at the time that the banned substance was taken.

What articles would those be?
USADA has made a questionable, and conflicting, statement. Otherwise it's been accountant Jeff Novitzki describing "pulsing" as a hypothetical example for what USADA claims is happening with Jones' tests. In the same breath they also go on to mention how there are no studies, nor any other cases, that would support the "pulsing" theory. How they don't know how long it may "pulse" for, nor that they don't know if there was re-ingestion (only that they can't prove that there was, because they basically didn't see Jones take it).

As far as everything I've read/heard/know, the test for the long term metabolite (M3) has improved, thus allowing detection for a longer period of time (went from just days to 4-6 months - but now USADA is saying possibly years even though they readily admit that they do not know much about turinabol "pulsing" and have no studies to prove/disprove any of this?). BUT, they seem to hinge the decision on re-ingestion on the short/medium term metabolites, which AFAIK still has a very short detection window (i.e. <20 days).

USADA found traces of this long-term metabolite and reported it publicly. VADA found traces of this long-term metabolite and reported it publicly. It’s the same. You just don’t like the conclusions that have been drawn from it. You don’t flunk the test one day, and then magically pass it one day later. He passed numerous fight night tests. The science Is very complex, people want to make this a simple black-and-white issue and it’s not. When attempts are made to explain it. People basically throw hissy fits and refuse to listen.

WTH?
The Dawson case is nothing like the Jones fiasco. Dawson didn't "pulse" nor was he punished and then allowed to continue to pop because of claims that there was "no re-ingestion". The Dawson case was dropped because it was determined that he wasn't under USADA rule at the time that the banned substance was taken.
in other words, they couldn't tell when dawson's ingestion was from so they let him go. exactly.

Back