• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Metamoris IV (NO asking for streams)

I think in time people will accept peds like they have almost accepted Marijuana.

giphy.gif

Barnett's dominance was the only real surprise aside from the secret match obviously. After all these years his catch wrestling is still a problem. I picked him to win but wasn't expecting a masterclass like that. I know it wasn't an MMA fight but I still can't believe how many people were giving me crap in a previous thread for saying Barnett is a better grappler than Mir ...

Tonon schooled Dale as expected, and a rematch with Kron would be very interesting and his style is very well suited for Metamoris, won't be able to lose by being out-pointed like last time after he lost when he was comfortably in a good position to win, because of how he grapples. Tonon's my boy but I don't know about the MMA thing ...

The secret match was fun and Glover's an other guy who's style is very well suited for Metamoris. Comprido-Saulo was a bit more exciting that I thought it'd be too.

Cornelius dominated most of the match aside from that one heel hook attempt he had to scramble out of. Magalhaes is just one of the toughest guys to tap, especially to get an armbar on him is nigh-impossible.

Sonnen basically couldn't do anything against Galvao which was no shocker.

Even on every PED under the sun he still loses. I hope people realize that Peds don't make you superman. I think in time people will accept peds like they have almost accepted Marijuana.

Horrible, just plain stupid post...Sonnen, a white belt, got subbed by Andre a world champion in BJJ. When there is huge disparity in technique of course PEDS don't make the difference in match...

Barnett's dominance was the only real surprise aside from the secret match obviously. After all these years his catch wrestling is still a problem. I picked him to win but wasn't expecting a masterclass like that. I know it wasn't an MMA fight but I still can't believe how many people were giving me crap in a previous thread for saying Barnett is a better grappler than Mir ...

Tonon schooled Dale as expected, and a rematch with Kron would be very interesting and his style is very well suited for Metamoris, won't be able to lose by being out-pointed like last time after he lost when he was comfortably in a good position to win, because of how he grapples. Tonon's my boy but I don't know about the MMA thing ...

The secret match was fun and Glover's an other guy who's style is very well suited for Metamoris. Comprido-Saulo was a bit more exciting that I thought it'd be too.

Cornelius dominated most of the match aside from that one heel hook attempt he had to scramble out of. Magalhaes is just one of the toughest guys to tap, especially to get an armbar on him is nigh-impossible.

Sonnen basically couldn't do anything against Galvao which was no shocker.

I think Mir is the more talented grappler, but Josh has better awareness about when to implement it and uses his better in MMA matches.
Mir seems to have forgotten his and tries to KO people far too much.

I'd enjoy watching Mir and Josh compete in Metamoris, but I also feel as though we would see Mir on his back for 20 minutes trying to finish from the bottom.

I think Mir is the more talented grappler, but Josh has better awareness about when to implement it and uses his better in MMA matches.
Mir seems to have forgotten his and tries to KO people far too much.

I'd enjoy watching Mir and Josh compete in Metamoris, but I also feel as though we would see Mir on his back for 20 minutes trying to finish from the bottom.
Mir's positional BJJ is atrocious.

I'd pick Josh over Frank, assuming Mir doesn't steal a loose limb early.

I like Sonnen and the pro wrestling stuff was cool and funny when he was winning but once he kept getting his ass kicked the talk became corny. You just got choked out, trying to talk like you are the shit doesnt fly anymore.

Like when he beat Stann and was coming for that Silva rematch and gave his post fight pro wrestling style speech that was good but now its old.

When he was winning?He's like 7-8 in the UFC lol

The Barnett/Lister match was freakishly entertaining. War Catch Wrestling!

Having flashbacks to ADCC 2011 where Werdum had that fucking armbar and Magalhaes sat in it for something like a minute, maybe more until he finally escaped.

When he was winning?He's like 7-8 in the UFC lol

and in the middle of that over 6 fights he was 5-1 having beaten Nate, Okami, Miller, Stann, Bisping and dominating Anderson for 23 minutes before getting tapped out which at the time was kind of a fluke.

So yeah during that stretch is when his character really came out he was winning.

bjjwar just has an irrational dislike of Chael.

It's one thing to dislike his character, but he called Chael "the worst coach in the history of TUF".

Back