• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Metamoris IV (NO asking for streams)

"come on guys, lets pour it on...pour it on"

I think Mir is the more talented grappler, but Josh has better awareness about when to implement it and uses his better in MMA matches.
Mir seems to have forgotten his and tries to KO people far too much.

I'd enjoy watching Mir and Josh compete in Metamoris, but I also feel as though we would see Mir on his back for 20 minutes trying to finish from the bottom.

Mir has poor positional awareness (which is ironic for a BJJ black belt) and Josh has amazing positional sense and knows how to ride heavy, really heavy. I rolled with Josh at a seminar and he feels on top of you like he is 400lbs because he grinds into you constantly and is constantly driving into the mat.

Mir has a great chance if he can catch Josh with a sub but I think he'd be stupid a lot and try to sub from the bottom instead of doing the smart thing vs Josh and fight for the top. Josh's bottom game is obviously lacking (due to his style) and if I was Mir I would constantly fight for the top because Josh is a great submission guy, but an average wrestler, we saw that vs Cormier who is a true Olympic level wrestler.

And we also saw in Josh's gi match at the California Open (i think) that he can be swept by elite guys.

The match between the two of them would be close, but I think it'd end up as a draw or a sub win for Josh.

Back