Mgtow thread

The MGTOW movements seem to have a lot of former married men as well.

Yep. My friend is a divorced MGTOW'er. Caught his wife cheating, then she stabbed him with a knife 5 times. Guess who was awarded custody of the kids after that? Her.

It took him 3 years in court to finally get the kids back. The whole experience ruined him mentally for life. He wants nothing to do with another girl now. Just wants to look after himself and his kids.

The MGTOW movements seem to have a lot of former married men as well.

I personally think it's a mistake to base your complete happiness around relationships with others, because they'll ultimately fail you; that, or someone or something beyond your controll will try to take that happiness away.
It seams to my reading that a lot of MGTOW guys are dudes recovering from seriously bad relationships. It kinda makes sense when you just got hurt that badly to want to shy away from the thing that causes pain. The problem is at some point you have to learn their game and be a master of it and play life at your own rules. MGTOW should be the first stage, not the end.

Don't date toxic women, have boundaries, not complicated. Lol @ becoming mgtow over a relationship gone south. If you want to be immature and remove yourself from the dating pool, go ahead.
Gone south does not begin to describe some of the things I have read on those forums. Those are guys who legit need therapy before rejoining the dating pool. A lot of them were done seriously wrong, and it is totally understandable that they are lashing out in pain. No one makes good decisions fresh from emotional trauma.

Yep. My friend is a divorced MGTOW'er. Caught his wife cheating, then she stabbed him with a knife 5 times. Guess who was awarded custody of the kids after that? Her.

It took him 3 years in court to finally get the kids back. The whole experience ruined him mentally for life. He wants nothing to do with another girl now. Just wants to look after himself and his kids.
Yet there are people in this thread that think he should just move on and get back on the horse.. How in hell is he supposed to even look at another woman romantically after such a horrific, emotionally scarring event?

I think there's three general breeds of MGTOW.
(i) Burned badly by a single woman who they trusted.
(ii) Jaded daters. (Not matter how successful/unsuccessful)
(iii) Those who never entered the dating population and are looking for narrative to explain their actions.

( i && ii ) I'm not sure about.
( iii ) These guys need to be honest and just say they're not interested in interpersonal sexual relationships. There's no need for a complicated explanation about a poisoned society needed especially when it doesn't relate to them in the slightest.

I have experience with the emotional hell a misandristic family court system can inflict on fathers. I know for myself that I'll never marry or have another child. I worry about my son getting caught up in that mess when he gets older.

Jesus, entitled to feel bitter after that shit.

I think there's three general breeds of MGTOW.
(i) Burned badly by a single woman who they trusted.
(ii) Jaded daters. (Not matter how successful/unsuccessful)
(iii) Those who never entered the dating population and are looking for narrative to explain their actions.

( i && ii ) I'm not sure about.
( iii ) These guys need to be honest and just say they're not interested in interpersonal sexual relationships. There's no need for a complicated explanation about a poisoned society needed especially when it doesn't relate to them in the slightest.
I'm a combination of i and ii though it's generally assumed that anyone who would go the mgtow route has no other option. I've had decent success in dating and had an attractive girlfriend who wanted me to impregnate her 2 years ago. I love having sex with women but I also enjoy the personal freedom that comes with being single. I'm not full blown mgtow though I definitely can empathize and relate to guys who are.

I have experience with the emotional hell a misandristic family court system can inflict on fathers. I know for myself that I'll never marry or have another child. I worry about my son getting caught up in that mess when he gets older.

I'd say the court system is one of the biggest reasons of the MGTOW movement existing. I'm a happy single dude and never gone through that pain, but I've had some good friends go through hell.

I wouldn't rule out getting married, there are a lot of great girls out there in the world. Relationships take work and if you have two comparable people who are willing to work and grow together, then it can be a very positive thing in life.

I'd say the court system is one of the biggest reasons of the MGTOW movement existing. I'm a happy single dude and never gone through that pain, but I've had some good friends go through hell.

I wouldn't rule out getting married, there are a lot of great girls out there in the world. Relationships take work and if you have two comparable people who are willing to work and grow together, then it can be a very positive thing in life.
What's the benefit of marriage for a man? Can't you have the things you mentioned without getting married?

The only legit gripe I see with these guys are divorce laws. Those are way too lopsided.

A lot of them got burned in a relationship and obviously after that you need time to recoup. They start to lose my sympathy though because they start becoming bitter at every women on earth as if the whole world wronged them. Its a horrible way to think and will ensure they stay miserable the rest of their lives.

But the worst are the entitled perma-virgins who blame others for their ineptitude in dating.

If you don't want to get caught up in relationships and just want to do you that's fine, but if you need to wear that on your sleeve and need a support group for it you probably have other issues to deal with not involving women.

I think the worst part of these guys is their bitterness about women and sexual frustration impacts their political views.

What's the benefit of marriage for a man? Can't you have the things you mentioned without getting married?

Sure, absolutely.

Just back from a weekend of debauchery in Pattaya where I had a 5-some in large jacuzzi, so if you're looking for someone to extol the virtues of marriage, I'm probably not the person to speak to.

I guess a long term relationship is based on commitment and marriage is the traditional way of making that commitment official/binding.

MGTOW, the genuine movement as removed from Red Pill :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, seems to be an overcorrection from people who based their happiness in relationships.

If your only happiness comes from relationships with women, you'll blame women for being unhappy when you are. You can invest your time in your son, your interests, your hobbies, and your work while using a small slice for relationships.

Just avoid the old funk of trying to gain your happiness from women.

I'm a combination of i and ii though it's generally assumed that anyone who would go the mgtow route has no other option. I've had decent success in dating and had an attractive girlfriend who wanted me to impregnate her 2 years ago. I love having sex with women but I also enjoy the personal freedom that comes with being single. I'm not full blown mgtow though I definitely can empathize and relate to guys who are.

i and ii could just try again; no matter how fool hearty it may be if you can easily obtain another woman it's an option.

iii is another matter. I could be that they're just horribly unattractive in some way; and as controversial as this may be to say it's usually because they're unstable in a very feminine way. I do believe some people are very close to being A-Sexual and with masturbation and easily forgo sexual relationships, I think Salvatore Dali might be the most obvious popculture example if he wasn't a closeted homosexual.

Yeah, if you want to have a family with a traditional, conservative female...you're probably gonna have to marry her.

Also, MGTOW doesn't have to involve immaturity, fear, and removal from the dating pool. I view it as simply living your life in a manner that best suits you, and not just following the herd of sheep headed for slaughter. Thinking outside the box and not being concerned with societal expectations is a big part of that, also.

Back