• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael B. Jordan is set to play as Hercules in Disney's live action Hercules

So what exactly is the issue with a black guy playing a God that wasn't a real person?

So what exactly is the issue with a black guy playing a God that wasn't a real person?

That’s he’s not white. It’s a very common sentiment amongst many of the right wing chuds in the WR. They had a fit when they made the little mermaid a poc as well. I think it is part of their “we’re losing everything” mentality.

That’s he’s not white. It’s a very common sentiment amongst many of the right wing chuds in the WR. They had a fit when they made the little mermaid a poc as well. I think it is part of their “we’re losing everything” mentality.
I love how liberals are calling people colored again....when did they bring that back.

I heard Ryan Gosling is playing Nino Brown and Michael Rapaport is playing ICE-T in the remake of New Jack City....
This post doesn't make sense. Nino Brown is a character with an established skin color and Ice-T is a real person that is black. Did you not understand my question?

The culture that spawned it is very real. It's also a character that already exists and we know isn't a black guy. It's an ancient story from western civilization that people are already familiar with.

It's cultural appropriation and it's weird and feels forced. In time it will look as silly as John Wayne playing ghangis khan.

There is nothing wrong with black leading men. Infact rather than race swap characters I would love for Disney to make a new story out of some other cultures folklore. When magic the gathering did that shit with the mirage block it was awesome.

This post doesn't make sense. Nino Brown is a character with an established skin color and Ice-T is a real person that is black. Did you not understand my question?
None of that matters to Hollywood anymore though because virtue signaling trumps anything remotely logical.....Next Thing you know the Seven Dwarfs won't be Dwarfs but homeless, malnourished Transformers.

I'm a firm believer that stories about the gods are stories of real people of a previous age. I'm pretty sure you'd find Hercules was a real person if you were able to look back in time.

Personally I feel it's pretty ridiculous to choose a black actor for the role, in the same way that a midget or a woman would be weird choices.

I'm not sure what the benefit is for choosing visibly inappropriate actors for roles. Maybe advertising?
I’m sure many stories have their roots of legends, like Davey Crocket, and eventually became more and more exaggerated. That said, the historical context is so diluted and irrelevant at this point that it doesn’t matter at all.

Major part of Hercules’s story is that he is half god, half human. In fact, that is more pertinent than his skin color, height, or even sex.

I love how liberals are calling people colored again....when did they bring that back.

Colored and POC are not even remotely that same thing. Colored is a term your parents used and probably still do. Nice try at defection though. Keep crying about fictional characters chud.

The culture that spawned it is very real. It's also a character that already exists and we know isn't a black guy. It's an ancient story from western civilization that people are already familiar with.

It's cultural appropriation and it's weird and feels forced. In time it will look as silly as John Wayne playing ghangis khan.

There is nothing wrong with black leading men. Infact rather than race swap characters I would love for Disney to make a new story out of some other cultures folklore. When magic the gathering did that shit with the mirage block it was awesome.
Just because the culture that spawned him is majority white doesnt mean a fictional God can't be a different race and as far as i am aware there is no Hercules story that specifically points to his skin color so idk "where you are getting thie we know this character isn't a black guy" from

Colored and POC are not even remotely that same thing. Colored is a term your parents used and probably still do. Nice try at defection though. Keep crying about fictional characters chud.
POC literally means Colored Person......I can't stop laughing... You limp wristed dolts brought it back all in the name of your unwarranted White Guilt.

Colored was the term everyone used because it was the socially accepted term, exactly the same as "POC".

I

POC literally means Colored Person......I can't stop laughing... You limp wristed dolts brought it back all in the name of your unwarranted White Guilt.

POC = pos person of color. Someone that can’t follow a simple acronym shouldn’t call anyone a dolt. Keep raging though pal.

POC = pos person of color. Someone that can’t follow a simple acronym shouldn’t call anyone a dolt. Keep raging though pal.
You just called people "Colored" again...laughing. If "raging" means laughing then I'll keep keeping on...Pal.

Back