Media Michael Bisping exploring new hobbies outside of fighting

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Michael “The Ping” Bisping has spent his entire life as a fighter and I have been keeping an eye on him since his retirement because it can be difficult to transition to life outside of fighting. Glad to see him participating in non-CTE activities. Harmless hobby or midlife crisis? You be the judge.

Before having a career in MMA he worked in factories, slaughterhouses and as an upholsterer, a postman, a tiler, a plasterer, a double-glazing door salesman, production line operative making barbecues at Rectella in Clitheroe and also a relatively successful DJ around the north-west club scene.

It’s a good thing to do. After an adulthood of doing something obsessively for a couple decades to suddenly not have it anymore and just have a void of time. That’s where you see athletes get fat or hit the bottle. Gotta find something to occupy that attention and time of an obsessively dedicated mind.

Michael “The Ping” Bisping has spent his entire life as a fighter and I have been keeping an eye on him since his retirement because it can be difficult to transition to life outside of fighting. Glad to see him participating in non-CTE activities. Harmless hobby or midlife crisis? You be the judge.

Hell yeah love that late 90s early 00s electronic vibes. He probably was heavily influenced by the early kings in tiesto, pvd, oakenfold, carl cox, pete tong

Good for Mike. Learning and practicing music is a great way to keep the brain sharp

Hell yeah love that late 90s early 00s electronic vibes. He probably was heavily influenced by the early kings in tiesto, pvd, oakenfold, carl cox, pete tong
Saw most of those guys in NYC around 99-2003.

Good times.

I'd add Sasha and Digweed, their nights at Twilo were magical. Just a room full of happy, comfortably dressed kids dancing and having fun.
No drunks. Perfect recipe.

Mid life crisis.

Saw most of those guys in NYC around 99-2003.

Good times.

I'd add Sasha and Digweed, their nights at Twilo were magical. Just a room full of happy, comfortably dressed kids dancing and having fun.
No drunks. Perfect recipe.
I was thinking of sasha and john digweed as well lol basically anyone that was a regular on bbc radio 1 essential mix.

I was too young at the time, i lived vicarously through my brother who saw alot of these guys around that time.
I've only seen tiesto and armin van buuren since about 2011.

Getting to see oakey for the first time in april. So amped. Cheers!

33axrut-jpg.gif

Back