Michael Bisping: Whittaker is claiming to be a champion, he's not really. GSP retired and I'm out...

Lol Bisping.. who cares what he says now on his podcast.. he ain't holding the division up with his ducking and select opponents so I don't care, I'm out.

nope. he's staying relevant and therefore making money. his brain (and his plan) is working perfectly.

as a fighter he was never more than a very strong journeyman. maybe slightly better than other journeymen who got a title (like Serra & Forrest), and his longevity was incredible, but a journeyman nonetheless. with two big wins in 2016, his lifetime stats against highly ranked fighters is 1-6 (or 2-6 if you count 2016 A Silva a ranked fighter, which sherdog and most other lists didn't, source).

but he is now primed to make lots of money with his mouth. and we have to admit, he's pretty damn good in that department.

we agree he was a journeyman at best.
do you know why silva wasn't ranked (I personnally think the win is not legit as he got ko'ed in my eyes but whatever that's not the subject) was it because silva had been inactive after the legbreak plus the first failed test ?
he's trying to stay relevant through talking, good for him but I don't have to agree either and I don't think he'll get anymore great paydays, regardless of how much he talks (one at best if retirement fight in england)
finally the brain remark was second degree obviously, you should have picked that up, but I DO expect bisping to be one of the fighters with CTE and age badly, due to the violent KO's he suffered in his long career.

"LINEAL" belts is one of those mythical creatures, like "P4P GOAT" and "Leprechauns". so the definition is, of course, subjective and disputed. was Couture's HW belt "linear" two title fights after Bas voluntarily left the UFC HW division? what about two title fights after Mir got stripped? are any LHW belts "linear" after F Shamrock voluntarily left the UFC LHW division, or does GSP actually hold three "linear" belts (F Shamrock --> Renzo --> Hughes --> BJ --> Diaz --> Condit --> GSP)?

it all depends on how far along the stupid spectrum you want to take this mythical creature we like to call "lineal champion".

cheers.

When you start talking true lineal it gets really hard to follow.

But fun at time

With a loose “lineal “ belt if the one that runs off never comes back or doesn’t quickly then after the first defense of the new belt we should start anew.

When did henzo best Hughes in mma?

When you start talking true lineal it gets really hard to follow.

But fun at time

With a loose “lineal “ belt if the one that runs off never comes back or doesn’t quickly then after the first defense of the new belt we should start anew.

When did henzo best Hughes in mma?

no, hughes beat henzo. henzo beat f shamrock. via a combination of stupidity on Frank's and Dean's parts

we agree he was a journeyman at best.
do you know why silva wasn't ranked (I personnally think the win is not legit as he got ko'ed in my eyes but whatever that's not the subject) was it because silva had been inactive after the legbreak plus the first failed test ?
he's trying to stay relevant through talking, good for him but I don't have to agree either and I don't think he'll get anymore great paydays, regardless of how much he talks (one at best if retirement fight in england)
finally the brain remark was second degree obviously, you should have picked that up, but I DO expect bisping to be one of the fighters with CTE and age badly, due to the violent KO's he suffered in his long career.
1. coming off a PED suspension.
2. no fights in the prior year.
3. no win (0-2-1) in the prior 2.5 years.

any one of these might push a guy out of the rankings. combined....

1. coming off a PED suspension.
2. no fights in the prior year.
3. no win (0-2-1) in the prior 2.5 years.

any one of these might push a guy out of the rankings. combined....
"For the first time in nearly a decade, Anderson Silva is gone from the middleweight rankings.

Since February, the former Ultimate Fighting Championship ace hung around the top 10 on a technicality: “The Spider” had been temporarily suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission due to a failed drug test at UFC 183, but he had not yet received a formal penalty due to repeated postponements of his hearing. On Aug. 13, Silva finally went before the NAC, which handed him a one-year suspension and a total fine of $380,000. Sherdog.com’s ranking guidelines call for any fighter suspended for one year or more to be stricken from the rankings, and so vanishes the formerly second-ranked Brazilian.

The suspension is not the only valid reason for Silva’s removal from the middleweight top 10. While his only losses in the Octagon have come against current divisional ruler Chris Weidman, Silva has not recorded a win against a ranked middleweight since beating Chael Sonnen in July 2012. His victories since then: a short-notice bout with Stephan Bonnar at 205 pounds and a now-overturned decision against inflated welterweight Nick Diaz. While he remains the greatest middleweight champion MMA has seen, Silva’s time as one of the sport’s elite may be over."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/1/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-90747

"For the first time in nearly a decade, Anderson Silva is gone from the middleweight rankings.

Since February, the former Ultimate Fighting Championship ace hung around the top 10 on a technicality: “The Spider” had been temporarily suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission due to a failed drug test at UFC 183, but he had not yet received a formal penalty due to repeated postponements of his hearing. On Aug. 13, Silva finally went before the NAC, which handed him a one-year suspension and a total fine of $380,000. Sherdog.com’s ranking guidelines call for any fighter suspended for one year or more to be stricken from the rankings, and so vanishes the formerly second-ranked Brazilian.

The suspension is not the only valid reason for Silva’s removal from the middleweight top 10. While his only losses in the Octagon have come against current divisional ruler Chris Weidman, Silva has not recorded a win against a ranked middleweight since beating Chael Sonnen in July 2012. His victories since then: a short-notice bout with Stephan Bonnar at 205 pounds and a now-overturned decision against inflated welterweight Nick Diaz. While he remains the greatest middleweight champion MMA has seen, Silva’s time as one of the sport’s elite may be over."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/1/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-90747
yep. nice find.

now, the old timers didn't get to take "official" rankings for granted the way new fans can (http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=). and we used to have lots of debates because different lists had different fighters in different orders. and some i'm sure did have A Silva ranked.

which is of course why i was so careful with my original wording:

his lifetime stats against highly ranked fighters is 1-6 (or 2-6 if you count 2016 A Silva a ranked fighter, which sherdog and most other lists didn't, source).
all this is an aside to my main point, which is that Bisping was a journeyman fighter who had - regardless of where A Silva was officially or unofficially ranked - an exception 2016 (most journeymen do have a good year), and will now go on to make even more money with his mouth.

Whittaker is a "paper champion" because Bisping refused to fight him and chose to fight GSP instead. Bisping, as usual, goes from cool guy I agree with to obnoxious guy who should shut the fuck up from one interview to the next.

Whittaker was too busy beating the best guys in the divison for ya while you fought a retiree and a geriatric on his way to retirement, Mikey.

Glad Kelvin rearranged his brain so it's reasonable he's talking this nonsense

First off: Fuck Bisping.

Let's be honest dude was a very decent fighter for a long time that strung together two wins against Silva and whatever the fuck showed up in Rockhold's place. Those are his two career top five wins.

He had the belt for as long as he did because he got to defend against an geriatric Henderson then tried to get the GSP fight and when GSP couldn't fight Bisping was 'injured', GSP is allowed to fight at MW again and all of a sudden Bisping is good to fight.

Luckily for Bisping he isn't in the league of the worst champ of 2017 since GDR pulled some all time ducking bullshit.
GDR?

yep. nice find.

now, the old timers didn't get to take "official" rankings for granted the way new fans can (http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=). and we used to have lots of debates because different lists had different fighters in different orders. and some i'm sure did have A Silva ranked.

which is of course why i was so careful with my original wording:

his lifetime stats against highly ranked fighters is 1-6 (or 2-6 if you count 2016 A Silva a ranked fighter, which sherdog and most other lists didn't, source).
all this is an aside to my main point, which is that Bisping was a journeyman fighter who had - regardless of where A Silva was officially or unofficially ranked - an exception 2016 (most journeymen do have a good year), and will now go on to make even more money with his mouth.

Which is where I disagree (the last point) the gastelum fight lowered his stock a lot I don t see how he could get any big fights except a retirement one

I think Bisping actually believes the shit that comes out of his own mouth.

Bisping shut the fuck up.

literally the 2nd worst champ every. Bobby Knuckles actually fights top 10 opponents his belt is as legit as can be.

Bisping lost the real belt when he ducked a stacked top ten to fight Hendo (Which was only booked so that GSP has a favourable fight to return to).

PPV wise it was close to the lowest MW title fight ppv of all time and there were at least 5+ deserving challengers who would have owned Bisping.

The only reason the UFC booked Hendo v Bisping is because GSP wouldn't return against Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Jacare, Mousasi or Whittaker.

imagine gsp or biscuck against jacare and romero

it'd be a straight up massacre.

neither bisping or gsp touches the top 5 at mw
Lol

MindlessFaintBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

I used to like Bisping. Tough as nails still like went out instead of tapped to GSP so still somewhat do, but ducking he pulled after getting belt shit he talks about other great fighters, most better than he ever will be is just too much. Fuck him.

yes, we all know he fluked a win against a cocky cuckhold :rolleyes:

the rest of his career is a better indication of where bisping is at. a good fighter, but never the elite of the division.

even when he was 'champ' he'd be a betting underdog against weidman, rockhold, romero, jacare, whittaker and mousasi.

He has to be "trolling" at this point? Surely he is not this delusional.

Whittaker is the legit champ, shut it Michael ur just being an ass now, give the guy his props.

Back