Michael Chandler: I beat Khabib 10/10 times...

So why would Chandler even talk about or message this if he has no plans to leave Bellator. Dont talk shit unless you gonna get in the UFC and have the opportunity to fight Khabib.

And no, he would not win 10/10.

It's really too bad we will never know for sure

And it's a matchup that has always intrigued me. Chandler isn't a spring chicken anymore and has been in a lot of wars, but that's not to say there couldn't be an upset happening

I don't think Chandler would fight Khabib scared either and would be in his face. He's more athletic, hits harder, and trains with good fighters himself. I'm going to be the odd man out and say Chandler would win

How great would it be if an American wrestler came in and shut Khabib down? I would love that

Chandler is legit, but I don't see him being able to stop khabib from doing what he does. It'd be a scrappy, fun fight but I see khabib controlling the majority of the fight through takedowns and grappling to a UD.

Too bad he's gonna hide in Shitator for the rest of his career

“We’ll see what happens, but to me, I don’t think there would be any other interest for me to go anywhere else besides Bellator or the UFC,” Chandler said. “Obviously, I’m very happy with where I’m at right now. But there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t constantly think about this career that I have moving forward.”

“That’s the thing: From the outside perspective, people always think, ‘Bellator, UFC, ONE FC, blah blah blah,’” Chandler said. “I don’t think about promotions, I think about the guys. How do I match up against Khabib? How do I take exactly what Al Iaquinta did, except with my wrestling, and my striking, and my wrestling offense and defense.

“How I would nullify his takedowns, how I would even take him down, how I would get in his face, and how he would finally have somebody put hands on him and hurt him like Michael Johnson did? I think that picture has been painted a couple of times, of how to beat Khabib. And I think I beat him 10 times out of 10.”

via mmajunkie
Tick tock Michael....

I swear when he decides to go to the UFC, he'll be WAY past his prime.

Chandler is near the end of his Bellator contract and Bellator isn't exactly looking healthy these days. Could see Chandler in the UFC very soon.

He would be a great addition to the LW division. His fights with Alvarez is proof the guy is top 5 or top 10 level talent. Time to leave the B league.

Would be a nice addition to the UFC!

Chandler clearly isn't fighting under usada

anyways, i like eddie or chadlers chances vs Khabib. Guys that can strike and wrestler are going to pose problems. Barboza and Johnson are not even close to the same level as these guys in wrestling or cardio
Exactly. Barboza has high level striking but what good is it if you are always tentative of the takedown and can't open up.

The same way Thiago Alves, despite being a dangerous striker, got completely shut down by GSP.

You don't need elite striking to beat Khabib, just good enough wrestling to not be afraid of the takedown.

The funny thing is he does.

As does Eddie.

It's a shame that all the Conor haters on here need to paint Eddie as some scrub.
Eddie is 2 judges away from having a mediocre ufc record

Eddie is 2 judges away from having a mediocre ufc record
Beat Dos Anjos fair and square to become a legitimate champion... which is more than what Khabib can say

100 percent disagree on this just purely on the heart he showed in both fights with Alvarez. He's been in 2 really bizarre fights with him being on the losing end (Primus and Brooks), but how you can question the guy's heart is a mystery to me. Some people just look at the world through dirty glasses I guess.
Lol u really think Chandler has more heart than Khabib the guy who grew up with death surrounding him and the mountains and bears and all that shit

Lol u really think Chandler has more heart than Khabib the guy who grew up with death surrounding him and the mountains and bears and all that shit

I didnt say anything about Khabib's heart, I pointed out that you're wrong about Chandler's heart, which has been on display numerous times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back