Michael Chandler: I beat Khabib 10/10 times...

Its weird how many of you think Eddie is a bad matchup for Khabib. I mean it may be a slightly harder style matchup but I still think he eventually tosses Eddie all over the place.

Eddie Alvarez beat the actual champion to become a legit champion.

Khabib beat Iaquinta to become a "champion"

Sit down.
He beaten 4 fighters at UFC 223. Khabib beat Tony without even fighting. Beat Holloway who cannot make weight at 155 when he fight at 145 lol. Beat Pettis for not taking the fight. Beat Al for the belt. He have beaten 4 fighters to be the champ.

He beaten 4 fighters at UFC 223. Khabib beat Tony without even fighting. Beat Holloway who cannot make weight at 155 when he fight at 145 lol. Beat Pettis for not taking the fight. Beat Al for the belt. He have beaten 4 fighters to be the champ.

Well there it is...

The dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog.

Congratulations.

Tony would have worked, but those two can't seem to be reliable enough to get into the ring and face off.

Regardless, no one should ever become champ by beating a fringe top 10 fighter
Tony beat a number 8 to get the belt and you seem to think that is legit.

You Khabib fan boys make me laugh.

Even you know his belt is a joke.

At least they know how titles work, which is something you don't seem to have grasped.
Get a belt and fight to keep it if not you get stripped and 2 people fight for a vacant title. How hard is that to understand ffs.

Khabib won a FS1 type main event against a guy outside the top 10.

Hell, maybe he beats everyone at LW, but at the moment his belt is the most disputed "undisputed" belt in history...

No point trying to deny that, the LW division is still a mess, with Tony out injured the only fight possible to legitimize the division is Conor vs Khabib.

Unfortunately I can't see the fight being made until after Conor's court date.

Conor, Tony and Khabib are all responsible for the current mess, each has blew opportunities to cement their status.
The fact of the matter is Khabib isn’t ducking though. DJ, Connor,Woodley,Bisbing,Rockhold,Whittaker all were or are belt holders that want to hand pick their own opponents. Khabib put everyone on blast and said he doesn’t care who the UFC picks. That Son, is a champion !

Exactly. Barboza has high level striking but what good is it if you are always tentative of the takedown and can't open up.

The same way Thiago Alves, despite being a dangerous striker, got completely shut down by GSP.

You don't need elite striking to beat Khabib, just good enough wrestling to not be afraid of the takedown.
Quasi true, however Khabib hasn’t lost the striking part of his fights either so it would take a “little” more than just TDD.

The fact of the matter is Khabib isn’t ducking though. DJ, Connor,Woodley,Bisbing,Rockhold,Whittaker all were or are belt holders that want to hand pick their own opponents. Khabib put everyone on blast and said he doesn’t care who the UFC picks. That Son, is a champion !
He did now...

Couple of weeks ago he was singing from a different hymn sheet, "Conor can go to the back of the line"

Last week Porier told Ariel that Khabib's manager had call him and told him he's the guy they want next....

I suspect the reason he's now saying he'll fight any of the contenders is that his PPV numbers for 223 are underwhelming and Dana has told him he doesn't have the leverage to dictate his opponents.

Quasi true, however Khabib hasn’t lost the striking part of his fights either so it would take a “little” more than just TDD.
He hasn't lost exactly why I stated. Because the strikers being wary of the TDs aren't striking as they would otherwise. I'm not saying Khabib is a slouch on the feet, but his striking is very very basic. I compare his striking to that of Jake Shields.
Simply put do you think Khabib would outstrike the people he has beat in a pure striking match?

Yeah, there have never been terrible decisions in MMA...

Are you dumb or just new to MMA?

Are you legitimately trying to argue that MMA decisions are wrong more often than not?

I won't get caught up in your need to start an insult war on an internet forum, not here for that chief.

Its possible he could beat Khabib...but doubt it, Chandler isa tough sob and imo a top 5 LW in the world of MMA....but I would put money on the Eagle.

Sit down.
lol, as if this is AT ALL Khabib's fault. He fought who they put in front of him. It isn't his fault everyone else pulled out/ got hurt/ couldn't fight.

Are you legitimately trying to argue that MMA decisions are wrong more often than not?

I won't get caught up in your need to start an insult war on an internet forum, not here for that chief.
What kind of retarded statement is that?? Of course they aren't "mostly" incorrect. That has nothing to do with it. We see awful decisions all the time.

This guy and Asken have been talking shit on the sidelines. UFC is where real competition is at yall some sideline bitches.

Sit down.

Neither Conor, the champ, nor Tony, the interim champ were willing to get in the cage with him.

He had to fight somebody.

GTFO, that fight could have gone either way and several people had it for Alvarez.

Nah, that was a close but clear win for Chandler. Eddie kept blatantly gouging Chandler's cuts to make it look like he did more damage than he actually did, thats basically what won him the fight.

I love the self belief.

Reality would hit hard and hit often though.

Back