Media Michael jai white need a ego check

In a striking fight, MJW would crush Perry like a bug.

He would dick him down so hard and forcefully that Perry would cry in the cage, after begging for mercy.

ADCC Perry has a shot tho
I really do wonder. He's a lifelong martial artist, he's boxed for decades, he's worked out and sparred with a lot of fighters, he grew up streetfighting as a martial artist. All the same as Perry.

He didn't make a career out of it and that's the difference. But if it were a striking match with headgear on I would really wonder. No headgear gives Perry (and maybe White) more of a chance. MMA means Perry wins even the striking, and easily, with just the threat of the TD.

But just hands and feet and headgear? I'd watch. White is way bigger and faster but probably not as conditioned as a pro athlete. Perry has more recent fight experience for sure and more conditioning. But worse technique and he's smaller.

I'd have to bet on Perry since he's a fighter but, DEPENDING on what White can really do, I might not be shocked if he could beat Perry in striking alone. Well, not shocked anyway. It's at least possible. I do recall a hockey player who swore up and down that he witnessed one of his teammates KO a drunk Tito somewhere in Europe when Tito was in his prime. He gave enough detail (including that none of them knew what MMA or Tito was at the time but they were told he was a champion fighter and looked him up and found out) and was an honest enough character that I actually believe him.

And I have a friend who has sparred a few pro MMA guys including one UFC fighter, in boxing only and felt very comfortable in leading them. He is not a fighter - just trains boxing at a well known MMA gym in Mtl and is a technically minded boxer. So I've learned that when you take away the MMA skillset, fighers aren't invincible at any one particular skillset over others who also train that skillset.

I'd bet on Perry but back White for sure.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
You care too much, countless pages defending an actor skills in fighting and you are still upset when people say you are an idiot.

But but snowflake, want an apology, hur dur

<Dany07>
Finallyyyyyyyyy you attempt to make a point. Too bad I never defended any actor in my posts like you’re claiming here lol did you mean to reply to @MescalineDreams in the first place? Because I’ve only made a handful of posts ITT and with this post only one more than you pointing how much of a fail troll you are lol so what countless pages of me defending an actor is your retarded ass talking about lmfao??

You are so butthurt and salty you’re claiming things I never did or posted LMFAO<45><45><45>

Yeah I'm done with this clown. The only reason I ever engaged him previously was because he was very abusive towards other posters.

I have noticed that a lot of well established posters seem to tolerate if not like him but are nowhere to be seen when he goes off on one. Someone needs to challenge him but it is draining as fuck.
Yea, he’s little off & bit weird. Dude comes off like a asshole whenever anyone disagrees or questions his intelligence or background. I for one don’t believe any of what he says pertaining to his credentials, but that’s just me. He’s never proven it otherwise. The way he talks down on people is something that caught my eye, but the more this thread goes the more it comes out the he believes he’s just a authoritarian figure in fight knowledge. I just don’t bother with it, he’s already gave off a pompous attitude towards actual fighters in this thread without even knowing it. Imo he’s a keyboard warrior trying to convince everyone he’s some bad ass. Can’t prove or prove it otherwise. At this point he’s just another.

This has brought some quality entertainment lol

Surprised it hasn't been locked

Are the mods on holiday?
HotGraciousHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

Or

Secretly I think they’re enjoying it.

HotGraciousHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

Or

Secretly I think they’re enjoying it.

It's brought a bit of traffic and let's be honest

It is nice to get away from another goat debate and khabib v conor

Nothing wrong with flexing our invisible lats every now and again and throwing down for entertainment lol

Ironically it was a fighter that created the thread, then the alphas took over

<36>

Yea, he’s little off & bit weird. Dude comes off like a asshole whenever anyone disagrees or questions his intelligence or background. I for one don’t believe any of what he says pertaining to his credentials, but that’s just me. He’s never proven it otherwise. The way he talks down on people is something that caught my eye, but the more this thread goes the more it comes out the he believes he’s just a authoritarian figure in fight knowledge. I just don’t bother with it, he’s already gave off a pompous attitude towards actual fighters in this thread without even knowing it. Imo he’s a keyboard warrior trying to convince everyone he’s some bad ass. Can’t prove or prove it otherwise. At this point he’s just another.
You're entitled to whatever you want to believe

Clearly whatever I am is enough to school u boys in any kind of debate tho

<TheDonald>

I really do wonder. He's a lifelong martial artist, he's boxed for decades, he's worked out and sparred with a lot of fighters, he grew up streetfighting as a martial artist. All the same as Perry.

He didn't make a career out of it and that's the difference. But if it were a striking match with headgear on I would really wonder. No headgear gives Perry (and maybe White) more of a chance. MMA means Perry wins even the striking, and easily, with just the threat of the TD.

But just hands and feet and headgear? I'd watch. White is way bigger and faster but probably not as conditioned as a pro athlete. Perry has more recent fight experience for sure and more conditioning. But worse technique and he's smaller.

I'd have to bet on Perry since he's a fighter but, DEPENDING on what White can really do, I might not be shocked if he could beat Perry in striking alone. Well, not shocked anyway. It's at least possible. I do recall a hockey player who swore up and down that he witnessed one of his teammates KO a drunk Tito somewhere in Europe when Tito was in his prime. He gave enough detail (including that none of them knew what MMA or Tito was at the time but they were told he was a champion fighter and looked him up and found out) and was an honest enough character that I actually believe him.

And I have a friend who has sparred a few pro MMA guys including one UFC fighter, in boxing only and felt very comfortable in leading them. He is not a fighter - just trains boxing at a well known MMA gym in Mtl and is a technically minded boxer. So I've learned that when you take away the MMA skillset, fighers aren't invincible at any one particular skillset over others who also train that skillset.

A respectable and balanced take

<mma4>

and yeah. Take MMA fighters out of that rule set and they're a lot more human than people tend to realize.

It is well noted that Bruce was quite a good boxer, or at least had potential

He could have been pacquiao, before pacquiao lol

In all seriousness it was well documented that Lee was mesmerised by Muhammad Ali footwork and implemented that fluent movement into his own teachings

Ali was a big man, 6'3 and about 210 plus bodyweight. The guy moved like he was 140lb
GivingInferiorDingo-size_restricted.gif

And the story writes itself.

oof. <Neil01>

Being a fighter or martial artist doesn't make someone infallible.

analysis is a different kind of game.

There's a lot of meat head types out there who aren't really thinking too deeply about much. There are lots of fighters, martial artists, boxers who are just average In the way they think and approach the game.

Having experience doesn't always necessarily mean someone is credible or sees the bigger picture when it comes to analysis. it's a different sort of muscle.

There's a reason why some of the best analysts, coaches are never the most elite competitors.

Although typically those with legit tangible experience tend to be a lot more knowledgeable, reasonable, balanced and easy to talk with even when not seeing eye to eye. That isn't always the case.

Ultimately we are judged by our fruit first and foremost.

Last edited:
I asked you to produce footage

1. Didn't know you were Chinese?

2. Didn't think you were over 70 now?

<mma4>

That’s no sherdogger. That’s the great Bruce Lee. You know, the guy in the post I was replying to?

There's a lot of meat head types out there who aren't really thinking too deeply about much.

Having that experience doesn't necessarily change anything when someone exposes the holes in the way they think.

Although typically those with legit tangible experience tend to be a lot more knowledge, reasonable, balanced and easy to talk with even when not seeing eye to eye. That isn't always the case.

Bro........

I'm 6'3 240 u fucking nobody

far from fat.

I've also trained under a pro boxer and been boxing / striking for over a decade.

Perry is shit. Plain and simple. There's nothing impressive about being able to beat him.

any decent boxing gym is full of fighters who provide an infinitely greater challenge them that dude.

I'm pretty easily one of the smarter people on this site. some clown who gets shit on in every single debate you've ever had with me has no business calling me dumb.

projection at its finest. You haven't said one intelligent thing in any post you've ever made.

<WhatIsThis>Story writes itself.

There's a lot of meat head types out there who aren't really thinking too deeply about much.

Having that experience doesn't necessarily change anything when someone exposes the holes in the way they think.

Although typically those with legit tangible experience tend to be a lot more knowledge, reasonable, balanced and easy to talk with even when not seeing eye to eye. That isn't always the case.

I am 50% Japanese, my father put me to compete with my brother as a child, I participated in judo competitions to honor my father.

martial arts comes from Japan, my father is a tradional.

if I say that I would not compete, I would probably be beaten and be called a weak and fake martial artist.

aa60141343671c4020184415847dabc1.gif
giphy.gif

d0f16be914d26ad54bc6b9c73862f668.gif

e948ffe46ee95fd5-.gif

Bruce speed!

tenor.gif

Bro........

<WhatIsThis>Story writes itself.
means nothing

that isn't how I actually am deep down whatsoever

My points still stand.

if someone is a fighter or martial artist, it doesn't mean they aren't also capable of extreme ignorance in many ways.

the game of analysis is like a puzzle, a maze. It requires a different sort of intelligence. As I said, there's a reason some of the best analysts, coaches and trainers are never the most elite competitors.

I would say for the most part, I enjoy chats with fighters or competitors more than any, even when you don't always see eye to eye. There is a sort of foundation, ability to be impartial, objective and reasonable that's nice, makes things very easy.

Doesn't also mean I won't point out holes in the way someone thinks , regardless of their background.

Though, admittedly it can be done in a much nicer / more respectful way.

Last edited:

Finally a well thought out response.

I seem to feel that MJW def is a martial artist, and therefore entirely within the realm of possibility he could do well and win a few UFC fights. Without much proof as to where his skills lie in a more real based fighting style such as MMA there are def doubts, and well founded.

I think what drove peoplke are the first few pages where people were vehemently saying MJW would kill Perry and be a top ten fighter. There's one thing to admit hay, maybe with a training regime dedicated to MMA he could do fairly well, but come out saying he'd walk in and destroy fools, that got people riled up

As much as you will deny it, slowly you will begin to realize how retarded you sound.
No need to give me credit, just remember that you don't have to be a cunt to be heard
whatever your life circumstances were

deny what, you're not exactly being clear.

I can tell a lot just by how someone throws a jab bro

There's a lot of elements that go into each punch thrown. All of which are exposed in each subtle motion and movement of the body, regardless of what a person is doing.

he can box. For sure. That shouldn't be something this difficult to see. Not suggesting he's a world beater or anything, but the fact that he respects and approaches boxing In a purist way, puts him ahead of most elite karate guys.

That tends to be the biggest flaw In a traditional martial arts base.

In terms of skill, he's more advanced than a lot of guys. But I agree that a real fight where someone is trying to kill you is a different animal.

this whole idea that he's just an actor is just silly though. So, I'm happy this thread is at least moving past such ridiculousness.

Bruce Lee didn't compete either, it's like saying he was just an actor. at the very least, people need to give respect where it's due.
What you’re missing is that it doesn’t take a decade of boxing to be able to throw a jab. Or a hook. Or to show footwork around a bag. To sit on your punches. To distribute your weight appropriately. To show balance. To pivot. It really doesn’t.

what does take a long time is to be able to maintain all of those fundamentals against another person trained to apply those same fundamentals against you.

What takes a long time is knowing how to adapt your techniques depending on the skillsets of your opponent.

what takes a long time is learning how defense and offense work together. How spacing works. How to set up attacks.

you see none of that. You see a jab. And a cross. And dancing around a heavy bag.

Back