Crime Michigan School Shooter's Mom on Trial for Manslaughter (Update: Guilty on all 4 counts) (Update 3: Father guilty on all counts)

This happened in Oxford Michigan.

I used to own a home there when I was younger and my son went to that school district for a few years.

Also completely ignored him when he's asking for help for his mental problems.
Well, maybe. However, that shit ain't free(or cheap). Not everybody is gonna get help(or anything resembling "proper" help), like the trailer trash parents can just pull thousands of dollars out of their asses to send him to a psychiatrist every week for therapy. They might have "ignored" it for financial reasons. You can't just snap your fingers and make that happen.

Normally not a fan of blaming others for someone's actions but damn dude it really does seem like they ignoring every single warning sign.

If it's a child, then yes you are absolutely allowed to blame the parents....

Well, maybe. However, that shit ain't free(or cheap). Not everybody is gonna get help(or anything resembling "proper" help), like the trailer trash parents can just pull thousands of dollars out of their asses to send him to a psychiatrist every week for therapy. They might have "ignored" it for financial reasons. You can't just snap your fingers and make that happen.

Just hours before the shooting, the parents were having a meeting with school officials because he had some really disturbing, violent drawings. Meanwhile, they withheld that they got him a freaking gun to a minor.

Just hours before the shooting, the parents were having a meeting with school officials because he had some really disturbing, violent drawings.
I wouldn't say that that is necessarily a sign of mental illness that needs to be seriously addressed at all times. In this case, there was obviously something more to it, but kids draw/are intrigued by violent shit all the time. Shit, I had a super religious supply teacher in the 5th grade, that me and some others would tease her with vague juvenile projects that were given to us(like "art" period, where we would just draw shit to pass the time), because we knew she was so sensitive. We just wanted to get a reaction out of the teacher, so we made crude and violent drawings to get a rise out of her. The world doesn't need to stop for that, like it's a definitive sign that someone is gonna kill a bunch of people.

when will we decide as a society that having kids is a privilege and not a right.

Part of the prosecutions argument was that they spent well over 10 grand buying, and then more taking care of, 2 horses instead of their, as the mom referred to him, "oopsie baby".

The wife's defense is that it was all the husband's fault.

Can someone merge my posts please?

Her defense attorney places blame on her husband for purchasing the firearm and on the school for failing to notify her about her son’s problematic behavior. Will it be enough to establish a reasonable doubt in the jury of her negligence?

Last edited:
Can someone merge my posts please?

Her defense attorney places blame on her husband for purchasing the firearm and on the school for failing to notify her about her son’s problematic behavior. Will it be enough to establish a reasonable doubt in the jury of her negligence?
Not when it comes to the husband for buying and storing the firearm. But... the only leg she has to stand on is the multitude of times the school DIDN'T call them about his behavior.

Part of the prosecutions argument was that they spent well over 10 grand buying, and then more taking care of, 2 horses instead of their, as the mom referred to him, "oopsie baby".
Sounds like Mom will see jailtime.

Jury asked a question about a half hour ago asking if there are "2 different ways to find someone guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter", the Judge replied back with yes.

The judge also said the jury doesn't all have to agree on WHY (Gross Negligence or Lack of Reasonable Care). But if they believe either or both, then the verdict would be guilty.

Of note, the jury has to be unanimous.

Jury asked a question about a half hour ago asking if there are "2 different ways to find someone guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter", the Judge replied back with yes.

The judge also said the jury doesn't all have to agree on WHY (Gross Negligence or Lack of Reasonable Care). But if they believe either or both, then the verdict would be guilty.

Of note, the jury has to be unanimous.
Tx for the updates.

Back