Mighty mouse thinks Anthony Joshua beats Francis ngannou in mma

Joshua isn't a young man. You folks really underestimate learning how to wrestle or defend takedowns. It isn't an easy thing to learn as an adult. Break falling or grappling live from standing isn't fun as a HW. It's not something you can pick up in a year. It's not even something you can train on a daily basis. There is wear and tear on the body. You still have to work on your kickboxing and MMA specific training.

People like Francis, Derick Lewis and Poatan look green on the ground but they been training in those aspects of the game for years.

Contrary to popular belief, elite boxers would be extremely dangerous in an MMA cage.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, it just comes down to how committed the individual boxer is. These top boxers can afford 3-5 million dollar camps easily, it's not the same.

Folks act like it takes a lifetime of training to get legitimate TDD and a half decent guard in BJJ, if an elite boxer is serious, he will be able to compete.

The conversation always comes down to can they survive low kicks and the grappling? If you can be decent at defending both you will be a championship contender. Elite and semi-elite kickboxers already have the low kicks on lock, so they come right over and dominate in MMA.

We literally saw former NFL player Greg Hardy come into MMA late as all hell with zero background, and he took Volkov to a decision and did pretty decent. The only thing stopping us from seeing the truth is that the pay in MMA is just not high enough for anyone to take a crossover seriously, they would have to be washouts from their respective sport.

For decades it's been said that a strong grappling base is the key to having a successful MMA career, but times are changing. Now we are seeing fighters build their game off of their striking, because you don't need to be a wizard on the ground, you just have to know how to stall rounds and mitigate damage. How many of the UFC champions right now even employ offensive takedowns? MMA rules are designed to favor strikers, it's why every round starts on the feet, and why fighters with a grinding style are penalized for "inactivity". I don't understand how folks can see Greg Hardy do half decent, and you don't think one of the greatest punchers on the planet with unlimited resources couldn't hold his own with the proper training and experience.

I'm not even saying Joshua could beat Ngannou in MMA, but the dismissal of true world class athletes is crazy to me. Boxing is a much harder sport than MMA, the guys at the top have incredible skill and talent. In MMA you can become a champ while having extreme deficiencies in your game, it doesn't work like that in other high level martial arts.

100 percent on point here.

All you have to do is look at the crop of heavyweights that are currently in the UFC.

These aren’t spring chickens or stand outs with special talent, ALL of them had less options than AJ.

Joshua isn't a young man. You folks really underestimate learning how to wrestle or defend takedowns. It isn't an easy thing to learn as an adult. Break falling or grappling live from standing isn't fun as a HW. It's not something you can pick up in a year. It's not even something you can train on a daily basis. There is wear and tear on the body. You still have to work on your kickboxing and MMA specific training.

People like Francis, Derick Lewis and Poatan look green on the ground but they been training in those aspects of the game for years.

Please don’t bring up age as if there is some magical barrier of entry for the UFC, there isn’t.

If Greg Hardy, Ciryl Gane, Despaigne can still make noise in 2024.

Just imagine Anthony Joshua.

Please don’t bring up age as if there is some magical barrier of entry for the UFC, there isn’t.

If Greg Hardy, Ciryl Gane, Despaigne can still make noise in 2024.

Just imagine Anthony Joshua.
Greg Hardy failed as a fighter and he had years to make change. Everyone screams about Gane not having any ground game. He has been doing this for years too. Anthony Joshua isn't going suddenly develop TDD or a ground game in less than a year. I am not even including the kicking part of MMA.

There is a huge difference between starting out in MMA and developing your skillset vs jumping into a title MMA fight for your debut.

Honestly Ngannous wrestling is shit, it only ever looked decent versus Gane who has zero ground game. That said I would still favor Ngannou in MMA as he has trained MMA most of his career, I doubt AJ would be able to deal with kicks, knees and elbows let alone wrestling.

Frances Ngannou is not some super athletic guy. He is very bulky and moves sort of clunky when compared to someone like Mike Tyson's movement. He has zero ground game. In fact I highly doubt Frances Ngannou has the flexibility to put someone in a triangle. So to me, yes, I think guys from boxing can beat Frances in MMA because he has no real threats other than hard punches.

Up until Gane, Francis built a HW championship career on being a technically poor power puncher who would overwhelm opponents with his physicality. He surprised everyone and wrestle-fucked Gane.

Why would it be such a stretch to think a technically elite power puncher who showed he can out-punch Francis would fare that much worse in MMA with some MMA training? Are we pretending that Francis was some kind of well-rounded MMA fighter, now?

What people need to realize is Francis Ngannou is mentally subnormal. He’s probably one of the most gifted athletes in the world, he’s wider than he is tall and he’s 6’4, but he’s not very bright.

Listen to one of his interviews. Does he come across as sharp between the ears to you? NO! When he attempts to trash talk it just reveals his very low fluid intelligence. He has a cap on what he can learn, and what he can learn is usually quickly unlearned. It’s really pitiable.
Seeing as how English is not his first language, he doesn't seem all that dim to me.

Not sure, but 2 things

Anthony Joshua isn't a fat man james Toney
Francis ngannou isn't Randy corture

Of course the mma fighter is favourite, huge favourite, but with some training? There is a risk that Francis gets knocked out

You better believe he would be nervous going into any type of fight with Aj after that brutal beat down. He's bound to have some scars

Now someone more rounded like Jones, Aspinall, etc who didn't get smashed, would just take him down and pummel him

Now I'm not saying Aj beats him, but he would have a chance imo. Certainly a better chance than ngannou has in a rematch inside the ring

Can't stand Aj, but he's a bad fucking dude

Cro Cop, coming from a full career of boxing and kickboxing, developed an excellent tdd in a very short time and at some point he was one step from being the number 1 in mma... btw that step was Fedor.

Inclined to agree with DJ.

Francis lost to Stipe, and Derrick Lewis,
which really shows it is possible to survive against Francis in MMA.

If Anthony had mma training, good coaching,
studied Francis vs.Gane, and Jones vs.Gane.
Anthony is still a hard working, fast fighter,
who remains calm under pressure.
Francis can visually appear nervous in fights.
Not counting Francis out, but inclined to agree with DJ.

Francis vs Fury in mma... and Francis all day.
Nobody can picture Fury turning into Josh Barnett.
Aj is already a specimen fighting at the highest level.

He took both Gane and Stipe down. He's finished fights via armbar and arm triangle choke. He'd have his way with Joshua easily. You guys are delusional. Hell, he could destroy him with only leg kicks. Boxing isn't MMA.
Joshua proved he's a great boxer against a badass novice who overestimated his prowess as a Boxer. Francis Is A Vicious Fighter who had limited weapons.

Boxing Is In No Way, Shape, or Form, a fight where ALL weapons can be used.

Joshua is smart enough to know he wouldn't last one MMA round vs Francis.

its not a sure thing, he has a very good shot against someone as limited as francis.

Pitiful (or really good) trolling... that's gotta be all it was.​

Contrary to popular belief, elite boxers would be extremely dangerous in an MMA cage.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, it just comes down to how committed the individual boxer is. These top boxers can afford 3-5 million dollar camps easily, it's not the same.

Folks act like it takes a lifetime of training to get legitimate TDD and a half decent guard in BJJ, if an elite boxer is serious, he will be able to compete.

The conversation always comes down to can they survive low kicks and the grappling? If you can be decent at defending both you will be a championship contender. Elite and semi-elite kickboxers already have the low kicks on lock, so they come right over and dominate in MMA.

We literally saw former NFL player Greg Hardy come into MMA late as all hell with zero background, and he took Volkov to a decision and did pretty decent. The only thing stopping us from seeing the truth is that the pay in MMA is just not high enough for anyone to take a crossover seriously, they would have to be washouts from their respective sport.

For decades it's been said that a strong grappling base is the key to having a successful MMA career, but times are changing. Now we are seeing fighters build their game off of their striking, because you don't need to be a wizard on the ground, you just have to know how to stall rounds and mitigate damage. How many of the UFC champions right now even employ offensive takedowns? MMA rules are designed to favor strikers, it's why every round starts on the feet, and why fighters with a grinding style are penalized for "inactivity". I don't understand how folks can see Greg Hardy do half decent, and you don't think one of the greatest punchers on the planet with unlimited resources couldn't hold his own with the proper training and experience.

I'm not even saying Joshua could beat Ngannou in MMA, but the dismissal of true world class athletes is crazy to me. Boxing is a much harder sport than MMA, the guys at the top have incredible skill and talent. In MMA you can become a champ while having extreme deficiencies in your game, it doesn't work like that in other high level martial arts.

I think your over speculating the ease of learning take down defense in general. Removing Francis from this conversation. A very solid wrestler or elite wrestler can take down guys who are very good wrestlers who are trained to defend takedowns for decades. This isn't something you drill for six months and are good to go. Now bringing Francis back into the conversation, six months is probably enough to give him some problems and being HW's one KO punch is all it takes. I don't think Mighty Mouse is really that far outline suggesting that as we all know Francis loves to stand and bang in MMA. If Francis was a good wrestler and showed it off many times in the cage throughout his MMA career Mighty Mouse would never say that.

Probably the dumbest thing DJ has ever said. Francis would soften Joshua with kicks, then take him down. And no, a boxer can't get good enough takedown defense with 12 months of training, no matter how much money they spend.
When have you seen Ngannou do that ever

Not sure, but 2 things

Anthony Joshua isn't a fat man james Toney
Francis ngannou isn't Randy corture

Of course the mma fighter is favourite, huge favourite, but with some training? There is a risk that Francis gets knocked out

You better believe he would be nervous going into any type of fight with Aj after that brutal beat down. He's bound to have some scars

Now someone more rounded like Jones, Aspinall, etc who didn't get smashed, would just take him down and pummel him

Now I'm not saying Aj beats him, but he would have a chance imo. Certainly a better chance than ngannou has in a rematch inside the ring

Can't stand Aj, but he's a bad fucking dude

It took Cro Cop over 3 years to develop the TDD game. In his first 10 fights be only fought favorable style match ups and strikers. He he first fought a good grappler he got taken down and submitted pretty quick. Even in his fight with Randleman where he lost by KO in 2004, 3 years after he started his mma career, you can see he still wasn't too comfortable with the level changes. It was at that point where he started to develop his TDD.

Cro Cop also had the advantage of fighting a long career in the ring and doing mma in a ring. He already had an understanding of the surface, space and movement, and how to use his offense. Going from boxing in a ring to fighting mma in a cage is quite different.

It would take AJ sometime, a few years to develop a good mma game.

Back