MINDHUNTER Series Discussion

I think they’re throwing all their effort into doing “Cuties 2 - Electric Boogaloo”

Bill and the serial killers were supposed to be interesting. The main guy was supposed to be like an autistic savant for catching them. I loved this show.

Autistics are interesting. The protagonist was boring and bland.

some youtube video on ed kemper led me to this show. it is alarming that the only thing that kept him from being a cop is that the force he applied to had a height limit. with a 145 iq he probably could have gotten around a psychological test. he could have killed hundreds as a cop.

some youtube video on ed kemper led me to this show. it is alarming that the only thing that kept him from being a cop is that the force he applied to had a height limit. with a 145 iq he probably could have gotten around a psychological test. he could have killed hundreds as a cop.

Oh, no doubt, easily. Look at the Golden State Killer: had police training, was a cop for a few years. He got away with at least 100+ rapes, a dozen or more murders and more.

He turned himself in after killing his mother. I doubt he would have been much more prolific as a cop.

meh

I didn't think much of the show
it was my work show & never made it to my tv

Really enjoyed the 1st 2 seasons. Another just to tie things up would be good.

Autistics are interesting. The protagonist was boring and bland.
I think he was based on someone with having an obsessive personality disorder which is characterized by need for perfection and being cold and not showing much emotion. That's why he couldn't keep a girlfriend, couldn't establish true friendships and turned to Edmund Kemper because he was stimulated by him intellectually (people with OPCD usually feel they are smarter than everyone else and Kemper gave him a run for his money). So the fact that he was boring was precisely the point of his character. He is a tireless intellectual with a difficulty connecting with people on an emotional level and tends to intellectualize everything (as a predominant defense mechanism). So for me he was super interesting because I was learning about personality disorders at the time I was watching it, but I can understand how others would find him boring.

I loved mindhunter. Even just one more season to finish the story and id be happy.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. The first two seasons were phenomenal for me. Exactly the kind of thing we don't get much of on television, plus it's a show that doesn't treat it's viewers like they're idiots with short attention spans.

I thought the second season was probably even better than the first. Just gimme a few more episodes to wrap it up and I'll be happy.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. The first two seasons were phenomenal for me. Exactly the kind of thing we don't get much of on television, plus it's a show that doesn't treat it's viewers like they're idiots with short attention spans.

I thought the second season was probably even better than the first. Just gimme a few more episodes to wrap it up and I'll be happy.

I loved the side story with BTK and the cliffhanger they left it on. I get we know what happens with him eventually but I wanted to see how they were going to incorporate it into the show. When they cancelled it I was like shit

By odins beard...i hope this happens..even if its just to finish the series

I would be pleased by this. Unless they release it week-to-week... then I refuse to watch it.

I enjoyed mindhunter due to my odd fascination of all things serial killers

"Listen, for the viewership that it had, it was a very expensive show. We talked about, ‘Finish Mank and then see how you feel,’ but I honestly don’t think we’re going to be able to do it for less than I did season two. And on some level, you have to be realistic — dollars have to equal eyeballs."

Goddamn you, TV Watching Public.

Back