Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Gaethje vs Fiziev

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Neal vs Rakhmnov

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Periera vs Adesanya II

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
I got pantoja-Moreno it was the perfect mix of skill, determination, blood and guts war with championship stakes.

Islam vs Volk I is probably the highest level of skill displayed in a fight that I’ve seen but it was kind of just really excellent technical fight until the last 90ish seconds of the 5th round when Islam got dropped

3 years of inactivity. Comes back and wins the belt in 2 minutes.
View attachment 1020449
But from the list mentioned volk Islam 1
Highest level of display from two legends at the top of their division

Nah maybe that can be the performance of the year, not fight of the year. FOTY has to be at least somewhat competitive, same way you wouldn't give Emmett vs Topuria FOTY. :D

Nah maybe that can be the performance of the year, not fight of the year. FOTY has to be at least somewhat competitive, same way you wouldn't give Emmett vs Topuria FOTY. :D
Fair enough. I wasn't too sure what FOTY meant. Best performance? Most entertaining? Best to watch and rewatch etc
But yeah the fight didn't show too much of Jones on the feet from and gane didn't really show anything but his lack of grappling
What was your pick for fight of the year

Also, I may be a tiny bit biased towards Jones lol

We didn’t have any real barnburners this year? Can’t remember off the top of my head but… Oh well. Out of those fights I voted Volk/Islam.

Hopefully that youtuber learnt a lesson that night.

<BC1>
Apparently he never saw Bully Beatdown or one of the multiple videos of randos getting trucked at mma gyms. 🤦‍♂️

Fiz vs Justin at #2 for me

I thought the surging Rafa was going to be a bit too much for JG but he showed lots of resilience and calculation during the fight that I didn’t know Justin had in him

That Islam/Volk fight was just too good and too full of skill

Pantoja v Moreno I thought was for sure come thirs round but then suddenly Moreno just had no answer for the back takes and the drama really vanished in thin air. And Pantoja was tired as fook just lacked the drama with the way it played out.

Out of list Islam-Voll gets my vote.

Back