MNN (Trailer for Chris Evans' Gifted; Johnny Depp Joins Fantastic Beasts Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Look at Deathstroke, Reportedly Will Be the Main Villain in BATMAN Solo Movie

x3cpbo.jpg

Ben Affleck tweeted a video that appears to be test footage for the new movie, featuring the DC Comics villain Deathstroke.

Ben Affleck wasn't just teasing: Deathstroke will, in fact, be the main antagonist of the Batman standalone movie he’s directing, TheWrap has exclusively learned from an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Earlier this morning, the actor who plays the Dark Knight posted a cryptic tweet of the new villain walking toward the camera in very cinematic fashion, which sent fanboys into a frenzy of speculation.

Deathstroke was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. He is a mercenary and assassin who first appeared in “The New Teen Titans” #2 back in 1980.Wizard magazine rated him the 24th greatest villain of all time.

There is speculation that Joe Manganiello might be playing Deathstroke. The actor is currently in London, the central hub of all things DC Films. Justice League is shooting at Warner Bros. Studios London, so the location is right. In a picture he posted with his wife, actress Sofia Vergara, he's even sporting a variation of the 'ole high and tight, and a nice goatee - a similar look to what Slade Wilson usually sports in the pages of DC Comics and his animated style.

There's more from Twitter as well, though, as Manganiello's most recent follow is none other than Justice League director Zack Snyder.

Back in March 2015, Manganiello was rumored to be up for the role of Deathstroke in Suicide Squad.

Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive); Joe Manganiello Playing Deathstroke?

xMNwK.gif

Good for Magna-i-can't-for-the-love-of-God-remember-his-name. Sucks to be Lang, i thought he would be great in the role as the older, war chiseled Deathstroke.

Also, great to see what Affleck can do with him, and i hope he limits Snyder meddling into his movie.

I'm not much of a comic book fan, but is this a good thing or bad thing? I'm kind of bummed that it won't be Joker, although the idea is kind of played out at the moment.

This is a great thing. Means branching out and exploring the Batman world, as oppose going on the safe side and making it a Joker movie. No offense, but it's about time we stop it with Joker. There's much more to Batman than Joker. Joker, Bane, Freeze, Scarecrow, Two face, Ra's al ghul have all been sufficiently covered in the last 20 years. Some to that extent it's ridiculous. What about Hush? Court of owls? Zsasz? Lady Shiva? Hugo Strange? Or a good Riddler?

Leiffeld copied Deathstroke to make Deadpool. Or I should say it's his homage. They even have similar names.

Let's call it like it was. A rip-off. Still, made for one of Marvels most interesting characters IMO. So sad it's made by that hack.

You're overthinking it. ;) I tagged you because I thought you might be interested in this latest news and you're IMO one of the good posters here (as with most of the people I tagged in).

ohstopityou.jpeg

Thx for the heads up, @Dragonlordxxxxx

I'll have to do my homework on this Deathstroke character.

In addition to the video @TheRuthlessOne posted, i find this comic very good in showcasing his capabilities. Sure, some are exaggerated, but it's a comic afterall.

https://arousinggrammar.com/2012/08/26/deathstroke-fights-the-entire-jla/

here is a quick 3 minute video that will get you started

That was awesome. Very Punisher but more clean cut, not as gritty.

I know deathstroke from the justice league cartoons and Arrow, and I think it's a solid choice. Someone different but like Bane, with a compelling enough back story and strength/resolve to present a challenge to Batman.

I just don't think Joe M has the acting chops for it. Manu was great as Slade in Arrow.

As others have said, Lang has the charisma and underlying violence to play Deathstroke and Slade. Where as Joe M just has physicality.

Looks like they got discount Manu Bennett, still hyped though

As a non comic reader - Deathstroke, Deadpool and Deadshot all are confusingly similar names and all seem to look/dress mostly the same (red and black gear/mask etc).

First Look at Deathstroke, Reportedly Will Be the Main Villain in BATMAN Solo Movie

x3cpbo.jpg

Ben Affleck tweeted a video that appears to be test footage for the new movie, featuring the DC Comics villain Deathstroke.

Ben Affleck wasn't just teasing: Deathstroke will, in fact, be the main antagonist of the Batman standalone movie he’s directing, TheWrap has exclusively learned from an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Earlier this morning, the actor who plays the Dark Knight posted a cryptic tweet of the new villain walking toward the camera in very cinematic fashion, which sent fanboys into a frenzy of speculation.

Deathstroke was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. He is a mercenary and assassin who first appeared in “The New Teen Titans” #2 back in 1980.Wizard magazine rated him the 24th greatest villain of all time.

There is speculation that Joe Manganiello might be playing Deathstroke. The actor is currently in London, the central hub of all things DC Films. Justice League is shooting at Warner Bros. Studios London, so the location is right. In a picture he posted with his wife, actress Sofia Vergara, he's even sporting a variation of the 'ole high and tight, and a nice goatee - a similar look to what Slade Wilson usually sports in the pages of DC Comics and his animated style.

There's more from Twitter as well, though, as Manganiello's most recent follow is none other than Justice League director Zack Snyder.

Back in March 2015, Manganiello was rumored to be up for the role of Deathstroke in Suicide Squad.

Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive); Joe Manganiello Playing Deathstroke?

Reminds me of Sektor/Cyrax from Mortal Kombat

Karen Gillan Joins Dwayne Johnson in New JUMANJI Movie

Karen-Gillan-Jumanji-Dragonlord.jpg

Karen Gillan has landed a major role in Sony’s Jumanji, the Jake Kasdan-directed pic that toplines Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Nick Jonas. It’s the final piece of the casting puzzle for the pic, which now is set to kick off principal photography next month in Honolulu. Sony has set a July 28 release date for Jumanji.

The Scotland-born Gillan will play Martha, ending what was a months-long search for the coveted role that involved some serious A-list talent. She meshed best with the cast and won out. It’s the latest big get for Gillan, the onetime Doctor Who regular and Selfie star who has scored film roles in the likes of Guardians of the Galaxy and the upcoming The Circle.

Gillen is up next reprising as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and co-stars opposite Ethan Hawke in In a Valley of Violence. She also just wrapped the indie All Creatures Here Below.

Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’ Alongside Dwayne Johnson & Kevin Hart

Huh, I got tagged in the Deathstroke post, too.... could that mean that I am a good poster? Nah.

It may have been said already but, I am still holding out hope for Stephen Lang, or someone with a bit of an aged gravitas to them to play Slade. Needs to be at least comparable to Batfleck, age and physique-wise. Plus, with all the youth, especially in the CW DC shows, would be nice to see two old, grizzled guys pound the piss outta one another.

That sounded kinda dirty, huh....

Also, I had no idea they were re-doing Jumanji... why!?

Hayden Christensen Joining Bruce Willis in FIRST KILL

Hayden-Christensen-083016-Dragonlord.jpg

Hayden Christensen will join Bruce Willis in First Kill, the Steven C. Miller-directed action thriller that Emmett/Furla/Oasis will produce, finance and release through its deal with Lionsgate Premiere.

Nick Gordon wrote the script, which centers on a police chief (Willis) who tries to solve a case that involves a bank robber holding a young boy hostage. Christensen will play the man whose son is taken hostage after he accidentally witness a thug shooting a bank thief while on a hunting trip. He's racing against a ticking clock to rescue his son, while at the same time the police chief begins to wonder whether or not he played a role in the bank heist.

First Kill will be the first project in Christensen's two-picture deal with Emmett/Furla/Oasis. He previously starred in last year’s faith-based drama 90 Minutes in Heaven for the production company. Christensen’s other credits include American Heist, New York, I Love You and Takers.

Hayden Christensen Joining Bruce Willis in the Action Thriller 'First Kill' (Exclusive)

THOR: RAGNAROK Set Photos Reveal First Look at a Different Odin and Possible Doctor Strange Appearance

Thor Ragnarok is currently filming at Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. In one of three behind-the-scenes photos that Waititi had shared on his social network, via user and photographer Daley Pearson, Chris Hemsworth is seen holding a business card which reads: 177A Bleecker Street. Hardcore Marvel fans should recognize this as the address of Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum in Greenwich Village, New York, New York.

And it looks like Geek.com's scoop last January that Odin is going to be on Earth as a street corner doomsayer turns out to be true .

CqclUvYVUAAltvb.jpg:large

13658517_294139697608625_827589377_n.jpg

0e513fcb919e407f082e13de981730fe

14128915_1571549316485425_720994952_n.jpg

Anthony Hopkins' All-Father Odin Appears Very Different In First Look On Thor: Ragnarok
Any other Taika Waititi fans out there lol ?

U.S. Trailer of MAX STEEL is Slightly Better Than the International Version

Thanks for tagging me. Really looking forward to this. BVS got a ton of hate but I really enjoyed it. Affleck really impressed me with his role in that and I love what they did with the voice changer, which was my only gripe with Christian Bale's batman.

I liked Man of Steel, and BvS had its moments of goodness. One of them was definitely Batfleck. Deathstroke would be a fantastic character villain. Batfleck has the build, and playboyness, and everything awesome for Batman, but they'll need a great antagonist as a foil. I wouldn't mind Deathstroke just being a "side" plot either, as long as the characters and writing is done well.

Hayden Christensen Joining Bruce Willis in FIRST KILL

Hayden-Christensen-083016-Dragonlord.jpg

Hayden Christensen will join Bruce Willis in First Kill, the Steven C. Miller-directed action thriller that Emmett/Furla/Oasis will produce, finance and release through its deal with Lionsgate Premiere.

Nick Gordon wrote the script, which centers on a police chief (Willis) who tries to solve a case that involves a bank robber holding a young boy hostage. Christensen will play the man whose son is taken hostage after he accidentally witness a thug shooting a bank thief while on a hunting trip. He's racing against a ticking clock to rescue his son, while at the same time the police chief begins to wonder whether or not he played a role in the bank heist.

First Kill will be the first project in Christensen's two-picture deal with Emmett/Furla/Oasis. He previously starred in last year’s faith-based drama 90 Minutes in Heaven for the production company. Christensen’s other credits include American Heist, New York, I Love You and Takers.

Hayden Christensen Joining Bruce Willis in the Action Thriller 'First Kill' (Exclusive)
Being completely honest here: I thought he was dead.

I have not seen him in anything since I think Broken Glass. He was better in that than in Star Wars, but he is just not a good actor.

Then again, it is a Bruce Willis movie.

Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Enchants with New Sneak Peek

Beauty-and-the-Beast-Table-Read-Emma-Watson-Dan-Stevens-Dragonlord.jpg

Disney has released a new sneak peek at Beauty and the Beast on Thursday, and it includes Emma Watson and Dan Stevens getting into character as Belle and the Beast at the movie’s table read, as well as footage of director Bill Condon explaining why the time is right to retell the story. There are also glimpses at the ballroom and the 2017 versions of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor,

The clip comes from a longer sneak peek featured on the 25th anniversary rerelease of the original film which is released on digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Sept. 6 and Blu-ray/DVD on Sept. 20. The rerelease boasts various versions of the film, including the original theatrical cut and and an extended version which finds room for the “Human Again” song sequence.

Beauty and the Beast enchants with new sneak peek at live-action remake

Mentioning the Star Wars prequels is like saying "Candyman."

Jon Favreau to Reprise Happy Hogan Role for SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Jon-Favreau-Spider-Man-Homecoming-Dragonlord.jpg

With Robert Downey Jr. already set to reprise his role of Tony Stark, Sony and Marvel are looking to add a familiar face from his Iron Man universe into their new Spider-Man realm.

Jon Favreau will reprise his role of Happy, Stark’s personal driver in the Iron Man movies, in Spider-Man: Homecoming, sources tell Variety.

The pic is currently shooting in Atlanta with Tom Holland starring as Peter Parker and Jon Watts directing. Other actors who have joined the cast over the last several weeks include Logan Marshall-Green, Donald Glover, Zendaya and Tony Revolori.

Favreau played a large part in the Marvel cinematic universe, directing the first two Iron Man movies. He most recently helmed The Jungle Book live-action film for Disney, which has made more than $900 million worldwide and is currently developing a sequel. As an actor, he can be seen next opposite Vince Vaughn in Term Life.

Jon Favreau to Reprise ‘Iron Man’ Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ (Exclusive)

Comments: Jon Favreau's lame, corny, unfunny scenes in Iron Man 3 were cringeworthy. Hope they give him some good material this time.

JUMANJI Concept Art Gives Us Our First Look at Dwayne Johnson's Dr. Bravestone

Jon Favreau to Reprise Happy Hogan Role for SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Jon-Favreau-Spider-Man-Homecoming-Dragonlord.jpg

With Robert Downey Jr. already set to reprise his role of Tony Stark, Sony and Marvel are looking to add a familiar face from his Iron Man universe into their new Spider-Man realm.

Jon Favreau will reprise his role of Happy, Stark’s personal driver in the Iron Man movies, in Spider-Man: Homecoming, sources tell Variety.

The pic is currently shooting in Atlanta with Tom Holland starring as Peter Parker and Jon Watts directing. Other actors who have joined the cast over the last several weeks include Logan Marshall-Green, Donald Glover, Zendaya and Tony Revolori.

Favreau played a large part in the Marvel cinematic universe, directing the first two Iron Man movies. He most recently helmed The Jungle Book live-action film for Disney, which has made more than $900 million worldwide and is currently developing a sequel. As an actor, he can be seen next opposite Vince Vaughn in Term Life.

Jon Favreau to Reprise ‘Iron Man’ Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ (Exclusive)

Comments: Jon Favreau's lame, corny, unfunny scenes in Iron Man 3 were cringeworthy. Hope they give him some good material this time.
At this point Favreau should stick to directing imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back