Most Unprofessional Pro Wrestler?

Protegejoe296

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who takes it? For the longest, I thought it was New Jack, after the Mass Transit incident and the multiple stories of him going into business for himself.

However, I've just seen a bunch of footage from a former favorite of mine, Low Ki, with some truly unprofessional actions, including kicking Chris Hero in the face, and doing the same to guy other indy guy for blowing a spot. Also saw the knockout Cornette was talking about on his podcast.

So who is most unprofessional? Anyone I'm missing?

Low Ki is the drizzling shits.

If we are talking actual pro wrestling stars or guys who wrestled in one of the big, established orgs (WWWF/WWF/WWE, NWA, WCW, AWA), Shawn Michaels by a mile.

Now if we include indy wrestlers, minor stars etc, New Jack and it's not close

1a9beca0d0c8e330432ad7df3944810d.jpg

From what I've seen, pretty much everyone that been named here is shit, without a doubt. However, there's Vic Grimes who threw New Jack from a scaffold and then there's Yoshiko Hirano, the woman who shot on Act Yasukawa and caused her retirement. Act Yasukawa, who gave up being able to have children to fulfill her dream of being a pro wrestler.

Bruiser Brody, if anyone but him pulled that shit he did in the cage with Lex, they’d have never worked again.

Bruiser Brody, if anyone but him pulled that shit he did in the cage with Lex, they’d have never worked again.

It’s still a pretty funny video though.

There are real levels to this question.
Guys like Hogan and Michaels who would throw tantrums to get their way are not even close to psychos like New Jack and wanna be tough guys like Low Ki who kick trusting coworkers full force in the head. Then you have dudes like JBL, sticking fingers up guys asses in the shower.
From what I've seen, pretty much everyone that been named here is shit, without a doubt. However, there's Vic Grimes who threw New Jack from a scaffold
Stop, reverse that. New Jack threw Grimes off a scaffold(he was aiming for the crowd) because Grimes fell on him during a previous match. PSYCHO.

Yoshiko Hirano, the woman who shot on Act Yasukawa and caused her retirement. Act Yasukawa, who gave up being able to have children to fulfill her dream of being a pro wrestler.

This is Act starting a fight she couldn't finish. She clearly throws the first shoot punch and Yoshiko is having none of it. This would be like someone trying Brock in the ring.

From what I've seen, pretty much everyone that been named here is shit, without a doubt. However, there's Vic Grimes who threw New Jack from a scaffold and then there's Yoshiko Hirano, the woman who shot on Act Yasukawa and caused her retirement. Act Yasukawa, who gave up being able to have children to fulfill her dream of being a pro wrestler.

This is hands down the most tragic thing to ever happen in Pro Wrestling.

New Jack, and it's not even remotely close. I'll never understand why anyone would agree to wrestle him. Pretty sure the dude is still getting booked at indie shows. You're risking your life, if you step into the ring with that fucking idiot. Dude should straight up be serving time for the shit he's pulled.

The Hirano/Yasukawa incident was a really just a shoot, which has happened a million times in a wrestling ring around the world in the history of wrestling, especially in yesteryears. This, to me, was not even on the same level of, say, Choshu/Maeda but the end result is what made it arguably (seem) worse and quite tragic. At the end of the day, it was two wrestlers who shot on each other with one being the far superior fighter causing some life-changing harm. Also, being two female wrestlers, I think we view it with a slightly different lens.

Brody, he took advantage of a few wrestlers but it was pretty much the norm outside of the Luger incident. Brody never really shot on anyone even to the level of Choshu/Maeda. He stiffed a few people but so did most of the veterans of the time. Brody's "unprofessionalism" had more to do with his treatment of promoters and promises. Brody broke numerous deals he brokered and came and went as he pleased but again, it had more to do with business as opposed to his fellow wrestlers inside an actual ring.

Guys like Hogan, Austin, Flair and others fall into the same box; politicians and can easily be seen as unprofessional based on numerous incidences they have had but alot of it had to do with but it's more backstage stuff and picking and choosing opponents to push or job. What they did was really part of the job as a top wrestler and isn't anything most wouldn't do in the same position.

Michaels, to me, still stands as the most unprofessional wrestling STAR of all time. I'm not even talking simple temper tantrums, overselling, making a mockery of his profession IN THE RING, but look at how many times he has refused to lose a belt in the same fashion he won it; IN THE RING. This is a guy who refused or found a way to lose 5 titles (between World/IC/Tag) without ever having a match. He won all of those belts through a fellow wrestler "laying down for him" and he lost 5 of those belts without "laying down for anyone". In the process, he didn't give his fellow wrestlers the chance to be in the squared circle with him, to get some shine, some rub, and beat Shawn Michaels. Without going much futher and being too verbose, this is why Michaels is easily the most unprofessional wrestler of all time.

PS. New Jack is a criminal and if we include him, he's in a category all by himself as he's legitimately assaulted his fellow wrestlers with chairs, blades, knives among other things and he's done it again and again. He should be in prison, simply put

HBK

For someone who always talks about how wrestling is supposed to be fun, and its a work...I dont understand why he had such a hard time dropping the belt to anyone.

He's a mark just like everyone else

The Hirano/Yasukawa incident was a really just a shoot, which has happened a million times in a wrestling ring around the world in the history of wrestling, especially in yesteryears. This, to me, was not even on the same level of, say, Choshu/Maeda but the end result is what made it arguably (seem) worse and quite tragic. At the end of the day, it was two wrestlers who shot on each other with one being the far superior fighter causing some life-changing harm. Also, being two female wrestlers, I think we view it with a slightly different lens.

Brody, he took advantage of a few wrestlers but it was pretty much the norm outside of the Luger incident. Brody never really shot on anyone even to the level of Choshu/Maeda. He stiffed a few people but so did most of the veterans of the time. Brody's "unprofessionalism" had more to do with his treatment of promoters and promises. Brody broke numerous deals he brokered and came and went as he pleased but again, it had more to do with business as opposed to his fellow wrestlers inside an actual ring.

Guys like Hogan, Austin, Flair and others fall into the same box; politicians and can easily be seen as unprofessional based on numerous incidences they have had but alot of it had to do with but it's more backstage stuff and picking and choosing opponents to push or job. What they did was really part of the job as a top wrestler and isn't anything most wouldn't do in the same position.

Michaels, to me, still stands as the most unprofessional wrestling STAR of all time. I'm not even talking simple temper tantrums, overselling, making a mockery of his profession IN THE RING, but look at how many times he has refused to lose a belt in the same fashion he won it; IN THE RING. This is a guy who refused or found a way to lose 5 titles (between World/IC/Tag) without ever having a match. He won all of those belts through a fellow wrestler "laying down for him" and he lost 5 of those belts without "laying down for anyone". In the process, he didn't give his fellow wrestlers the chance to be in the squared circle with him, to get some shine, some rub, and beat Shawn Michaels. Without going much futher and being too verbose, this is why Michaels is easily the most unprofessional wrestler of all time.

PS. New Jack is a criminal and if we include him, he's in a category all by himself as he's legitimately assaulted his fellow wrestlers with chairs, blades, knives among other things and he's done it again and again. He should be in prison, simply put

Michaels buried an entire Mania, to avoid having to do a job to a guy who was willing to put him over the previous year. People actually call this guy the GOAT.

HBK

For someone who always talks about how wrestling is supposed to be fun, and its a work...I dont understand why he had such a hard time dropping the belt to anyone.

He's a mark just like everyone else

Michaels buried an entire Mania, to avoid having to do a job to a guy who was willing to put him over the previous year. People actually call this guy the GOAT.

This. WM 13 was the absolute shit save for Austin/Hart with 'Taker/Sid for the championship because Michaels chose to not to job and decided to quit. Of course WM 14 was very iffy all the way until the day of, even Austin saying he wasn't sure at the time Michaels would show up until he saw Michaels backstage. Just a week ago, Russo even talked to Austin about it asking how much Austin knew about Michael's outright refusal to drop the belt to Austin.

Again, if it was just one title, it could easily be swept under the rug even with all his petty in-ring tantrums over the years. But when you include 4 other World Tag/IC titles, you can't defend him as anything close to being professional. Heck, Hogan didn't want to drop the belt to Warrior but he did even if he kicked out right after the 3 count. It's not even close

Do people actually watch this? This might be one of the worst most boring things I've ever seen in my life. The entire first half, before the "shoot," with all the girls in the ring with the table is some of the worst stuff I've ever seen in my life. It's horrible.

I'm mad at you for posting it and at myself for watching it.

He was a draw, today that's not nearly as important. Brody is probably the king of independent wrestling, all time. He wasn't an NWA guy, he wasnt a WWWF guy, he wasn't even an AJPW guy. He was a freelance worker who was a legitimate draw. You get away with a lot of BS when you're a draw.

Brody looked out for himself before anyone else too, but that's how it still is today. Guys work together and are friendlier but the overall rule is look out for yourself.

Back