Mozambique: People killing bald men because they think there's gold inside the head

They’ve killed 5, they could figure this shit out after the first one.

Talk about a troll job, who was the guy that convinced the idiots to try it

Exactly. People make fun of this, but there are Westerners that believe if you let rich people hoard even more massive amounts of money they will sprinkle it onto poor people like pixie dust out of the goodness of their hearts.
Some people feel that if you give more power to government, there will be more power to the people. Everyone's got their silly beliefs that go against well established human nature.

Last edited:
I lost hahahah
Yeah thanks for the heads up these are the sort of threads I usually make.

Lmao
I was trying to think of a joke for the thread you have right now but it hasn't come to me yet. It will soon tho :D

Almost every stupid trend coming from the dark continent is started by witch doctors

May be their internet no worky

We need to start a list:
1. Sex with virgins cures HIV/AIDS
2. Albino body parts have magical powers
3. Vampires exist
4. Bald men have gold in their head

Talk about a troll job, who was the guy that convinced the idiots to try it
Probably some diabolical bald guy trying to eliminate all his competition.

We need to start a list:
3. Vampires exist
What? You mean to tell me I drowned that goth kid in holy water in vain?

*Starts unchaining others*

Third world gonna third world.

Dont forget flat earthers: "How come Ive seen so many pictures of satellites but never seen one close up IRL, hmmmmmm", and the 'Earth is 6,000 years old' crowd. Both in the 'first' world.

voliva_map.jpg

Exactly. People make fun of this, but there are Westerners that believe if you let rich people hoard even more massive amounts of money they will sprinkle it onto poor people like pixie dust out of the goodness of their hearts.
Really, if you let people keep what’s theirs then they will give it to the poor? That’s what you think trickle down economics means and I guess you’re made because you didn’t get noffen

As always with these sort of articles this likely happened in some remote village in Mozambique involving semi-remote superstitious tribal groups but media wants to make it out that this is common or at least is now becoming common in Mozambique as a whole :rolleyes:

We need to start a list:
3. Vampires exist

This 'kill bald heads for gold' thing rings a very familiar tone. I've encountered its siblings before. How about 'kill people for basketball shoes' or 'kill people for sunglasses'? It's a 'get rich quick' scheme. No hard work required, just spontaneous violence. Could not delay gratification.

Dont forget flat earthers: "How come Ive seen so many pictures of satellites but never seen one close up IRL, hmmmmmm", and the 'Earth is 6,000 years old' crowd. Both in the 'first' world.

voliva_map.jpg
The flat earthers have had the gold stolen from their heads.

Imagine the disappointment.

Why kill 5 though? You think you'd get the memo after the first. Well, then again you cannot expect much logic from people who have done something like this in the first place.

I'm not making this up.

Check it.

Some tribal beliefs are that if you have AIDS and have sex with a virgin, you'll be cured. This results in a LOT of child rapes.

The sad thing is that when you say "child rapes" you're actually accidentally downplaying the issue, since many times "baby rapes" would be more accurate.
I don't know if calling it a tribal belief is accurate really, since the behaviour isn't limited to a tribe. It's just the uneducated following the instructions of the sangoma (witch doctor).

Back