Muay thai is too overrated on these forums

even in mas oyama essential karate book when it shows roundhouse the guys are flat footed. Andy hug did it too the greatest karate guy to ever fight
andyhug22.jpg
Why was his knee not torn apart? Was he some kind of alien with no acl and mcl?

Last edited:
Mas "the inventor" oyama round house flat footed
842.jpg

END OF DISCUSSION

Last edited:
^^^

I just can't help myself......first 'DastardlyMass' - you said:

karate= almost no hip, knee come up first followed by the shin to use the foot or instep in a more slapping motion like you see in the shiny pants pka fights with no follow thru.

You got proved wrong - infact I wasn't the only one that called you on your BS, infact I went so far as to show post a video of Kenji Midori using a follow through with his kick.

Now that you quite aptly got shown how wrong you were - after all the talk about 'Karate this Karate that' - you didn't even have the decency to humble down instead, as you have shown throughout this thread, when proved wrong you either reword what you originally posted to make yourself look better or move on to another point to argue in the hopes no-one sees that you have no idea what you're on about especially in regards to Karate ---- this time it's about flat footed roundhouses.

So let us mute you again - I wonder which topic you'll jump to next or how you'll reword your posts:

even in mas oyama essential karate book when it shows roundhouse the guys are flat footed. Andy hug did it too the greatest karate guy to ever fight
andyhug22.jpg
Why was his knee not torn apart? Was he some kind of alien with no acl and mcl?

Mas "the inventor" oyama round house flat footed
842.jpg

END OF DISCUSSION

First of all Andy Hug is not considered 'the greatest karate guy to ever fight' - that's your opinion. In knockdown karate there were guys on a completely different level to him - one that sticks out clear & above Hug - is Shokei Matsui. Infact if you asked anyone doing Kyokushin who they think the best Kyokushin karateka is - most people will respond with Akiyoshi Matsui because despite his rumoured character his technique is flawless as well as his skill.

As for the knee tearing apart - have a good look at that picture, did you completely ignore the fact that his standing leg has pivoted 90 degrees - indicating that he's used a good deal of hip - contrary to your 'karate uses almost no hip' comment - same for the Mas Oyama pic otherwise they would tear their ligaments.

Also for the 'flat footed' comment - Kyokushin uses both the flat foot or on the ball of the foot/toes - depends entirely on the situation - here have a look at this KO video and NOTICE HOW SOME OF THOSE KARATE GUYS ARE NOT FLAT FOOTED & ARE ON THE BALLS OF THEIR FEET WHEN THEY KICK:

Just in case you're blind - let me help you: @2.00mins, 2.15min, 2.20min, 3.05min, 3.53min etc etc - I don't want to have to keep hand-feeding you - it's there.

I'd like to see how you manoeuvre yourself out of this....

EDIT: The lesson here is you have very little knowledge, if any at all when it comes to Karate....even though you might think you do. Another one I forgot to pick up on but LEGS saw was your KK took kicks with the shin from MT - when they have existed in Karate from the beginning (KK took them from Goju-ryu) as well as checking which is also in all Okinawan Karate styles & which KK also took from Goju-ryu.

Last edited:
Is it true that USA folkstyle wrestling was really invented in thailand?

the basis for all kyokushin techniques comes from gojo ryu.

100%, Goju-ryu is considered Kyokushin's mother art because nearly everything in KK comes from Goju. Also just for the record Tayski never said Goju-ryu sucked - NidNoi said that, don't understand why he has to lie about it.

Is it true that USA folkstyle wrestling was really invented in thailand?

Yeah apparently Kushti also developed in Thailand along with Tai'chi.

EDIT: Oh yeah how could I forget Judo also came from Thailand...

the first two vids are watered down bullshit....the no punching to the head and all the protective gear is just lame, imo

You really need to go spar with some kyokushin guys then come back to us about how watered down that form of competition is

the basis for all kyokushin techniques comes from gojo ryu.

Which techniques did oyama derive from it ? LOL

Karate in this clip is Goju Ryu.

[YT]px1Ivctja4w[/YT]

It's clear that traditional Goju Ryu has nothing. LOL

100%, Goju-ryu is considered Kyokushin's mother art because nearly everything in KK comes from Goju. Also just for the record Tayski never said Goju-ryu sucked - NidNoi said that, don't understand why he has to lie about it.

[YT]AvpWVVZteIs[/YT] i believe this guy michael thompson is from your neck of the woods. i love his footwork.

[YT]AvpWVVZteIs[/YT] i believe this guy michael thompson is from your neck of the woods. i love his footwork.

He actually trained at the new dojo I recently joined - though he frequented one or two other dojos as well.

EDIT: You might be interested in this:

M.Thompson vs Kiatsongrit (KO at 8.00min)

Hoost vs Thompson:

Great fighter - just never had the kickboxing pedigree. Although he gave many guys a fight.

Last edited:
He actually trained at the new dojo I recently joined - though he frequented one or two other dojos as well.

EDIT: You might be interested in this:

M.Thompson vs Kiatsongrit (KO at 8.00min)

Hoost vs Thompson:

Great fighter - just never had the kickboxing pedigree. Although he gave many guys a fight.
that spinning back kick was awesome.

muay thai is not overrated,it`s just that some fans of muay thai are so obnoxious.i respect muay thai,but i like kick boxing much more.

any form of karate is better than dutch kickboxing, western boxing, and muay thai combined.
In terms of what? Effectiveness? More fun to watch?

Kyokushin karate is the only form of karate that can compete with MT/k1 in terms of effectiveness, or to watch.

Shotokan sucks.

that spinning back kick was awesome.

well that's the thing with some of the karate stuf....it's very flashy and of course when it connects it can lead to a beautiful ko, but a game fighter that's fresh and fights with basics......isn't very often going to be surprised by it

Hoost completely schooled him, at 1 point he threw three livers punches in a row

EDIT: The lesson here is you have very little knowledge, if any at all when it comes to Karate....even though you might think you do. Another one I forgot to pick up on but LEGS saw was your KK took kicks with the shin from MT - when they have existed in Karate from the beginning (KK took them from Goju-ryu) as well as checking which is also in all Okinawan Karate styles & which KK also took from Goju-ryu.

Which equipment did old japan invent for practicing shin kick ? Was it a wooden dummy? LOL

Hoost completely schooled him, at 1 point he threw three livers punches in a row

To be fair Hoost schooled a great many fighters regardless of their style,but yes you can see that Thompson hasn't properly transitioned from Knockdown to Kickboxing,its a bit reminiscent of Glaube Feitosa when he first started out in K1 .

Which techniques did oyama derive from it ? LOL

Karate in this clip is Goju Ryu.

[YT]px1Ivctja4w[/YT]

It's clear that traditional Goju Ryu has nothing. LOL

Look Payak, that person isn't a Goju-Ryu Karateka, first off. He was a college-Karate champion in the 70s, which means he was likely a Shotokan or Shotokan off-shoot. He was also a relatively mid-level fighter--- akin to a college basketball star who hadn't tested his skills in the NBA.

Back